Bills have #4 toughest strength of schedule (ALL AFC East teams in top 5)

StHustle

So we all know the issue with these SOS rankings. They're based on last season and with the strong parity the NFL consistently exhibits, it usually isnt very accurate. With that said, based on how good teams are currently perceived to be, we AGAIN have on of the toughest schedules.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-strength-of-schedule-2023/

I for one LOVE a tough schedule. Who wants to skate their way into the playoffs and not be fully battle tested? Long gone are the days of hoping for an easy schedule just to end the drought. Now the fear is not being prepared enough and falling short to tough teams when it matters most. I am still hammering the OVER on the 10.5 win odds. 11-6 or better is a lock for me if we remain relatively healthy.

Would you guys prefer a tougher schedule, mid strength schedule, or easier schedule, and why?

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Meaningless and plus our schedule lays out kindly with respect to the Bengals and Chiefs who are obviously the biggest games.

The Bills got a schedule that would have caused 45 pages of belly aching if the Patriots would have gotten it say 5 years ago.

Couldn't be happier. 

I just have a really good feeling about this season that I didn’t have last year. I never fall into the media generated “hype.” Jets could be good, but look at the Russell Wilson experiment over in Denver. It could easily go that way as well. I don’t believe in Tua and don’t think he will ascend to anything over slightly above average, I think he’ll be out of the league in a couple years due to head injuries. Bills are being overlooked bc we didn’t “win” free agency and a horrible playoff loss. If guys like Rousseau and Elam break out then it’s gonna be a really good year for Buffalo.

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

So we all know the issue with these SOS rankings. They're based on last season and with the strong parody the NFL consistently exhibits, it usually isnt very accurate. With that said, based on how good teams are currently perceived to be, we AGAIN have on of the toughest schedules.

Much of the NFL is a bad joke including rules especially on owners, fines and zebra training worth including in a parody but the schedule parity is real and allows teams which are much weaker to compete to get in playoffs,

Will feel even better when we are 19-0

We are going to beat the trash that floated down the Ohio River from Pittsburgh. We are going to show KC how to smoke meat when we smoke their ass. We are going poach some Eagles because they're actually really ***** birds. The fish won't stand a chance because that dorky twink coach is going to screw up because he is a screw up. The Jets will got nothing in Rodgers to take them higher, they're Creed in '99 right now. This is as high as they get, except for their fanbase in Jersey who are doing 8balls on the Jersey shore. I don't care who else we face, they're trash and garbage. Thats right. They're not just trash. They're garbage.  They're the smell you get when you go outside in DC and smell the feces left all over town, or Dallas when you get nothing but cowboys and cow turds. That's who we face. Turd trash. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

So we all know the issue with these SOS rankings. They're based on last season and with the strong parody the NFL consistently exhibits, it usually isnt very accurate. With that said, based on how good teams are currently perceived to be, we AGAIN have on of the toughest schedules.

I for one LOVE a tough schedule. Who wants to skate their way into the playoffs and not be fully battle tested? Long gone are the days of hoping for an easy schedule just to end the drought. Now the fear is not being prepared enough and falling short to tough teams when it matters most. I am still hammering the OVER on the 10.5 win odds. 11-6 or better is a lock for me if we remain relatively healthy.

Would you guys prefer a tougher schedule, mid strength schedule, or easier schedule, and why?

This isn’t rocket science….

AE=37. AN=38. AS=24. AW=35

NE=44. NN=33 NS=29. NW=31

E-W N-S within conference

E-E, S-S, N-W, W-N interconference

500 is 34

AE. 79

AN 55 

AS 67

AW 70

NE 68

NN 64 

NS 57

NW 82 

Then you have 2x ( div-team wins) + 3 positional wins.

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

I too love a tough schedule.  I will however accept the final 2023 Bills team making the schedule appear to be a cupcake scheduke when we look back on their first SB winning season and see how well they just outplayed any opponent.

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

th?id=OIP.6TvyEx9tvSZOft0fAlMWKwAAAA%26p

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

6 hours ago, 90sBills said:

SOS is very overrated in the NFL. All the teams are so closely matched. This schedule is setup so well for the Bills. Timely bye week. Rest before games against toughest opponents. Gotta capitalize! 

Disagree, every tough team we play is on the road and closely scheduled (back loaded).  The best teams we play at home are the Jets and Dolphins.  

• Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Disagree, every tough team we play is on the road and closely scheduled (back loaded).  The best teams we play at home are the Jets and Dolphins.  

The toughest "home" game is London against a team that has been in the timezone 10 days. We did get some scheduling breaks on the back end though in terms of rest before some of those bigger games. A bye before KC, 10 days before Cincy. 

Given we knew who the Bills were playing and it looked a tought slate, the way the schedule worked out is pretty darn sweet.

• Disagree 1

As a Defending, Defending, Defending Division Champ with wins in all but 1 playoff year, ‘tough schedules’ are built into the mix assuring League parity and benefit. The OP is correct that this means nothing once the regular season begins. If you catch a Conference or non-conference Division in a woeful year, it can be 4-8 wins. Like the Rams & Titans last year, some power teams just fall off the map in 1 year. 
All the league can do is try to make things more difficult for great teams from last season and a little easier for -well, Cleveland..🤷‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.