Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

It's sad, with how much these tix will be sold on ticket Master etal. I can't see my grandson and I catching a game in the new stadium.

I'm glad I got to take him to the current one.  Maybe we can get 1 more game there before it's gone.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

And some people cried over $7 to stream a game from the comfort of their own home last year.

The notion of paying $400-$1000 a month to attend Bills games is just mind boggling. I guess if you got money to burn, have at it, but for most people I would think this would never be given more than 3 seconds of thought before they say (to the Bills organization) “Ha ha, Are you Nuts!?”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Not sure how accurate this is but I have now seen at least a couple people on Twitter today post that 100 level 50 yard line seats will have a PSL of $15,000.  Once again I'm not saying this as a concrete statement but just reporting back on what I am seeing today.

Pretty sure the lower levels or upper decks have been announced at all. From the sounds of it, anyone that’s been to the experience will say when asked about the lower and upper levels they tell them that pricing is not available yet. Likely to get them to spring for the expensive clubs. 

but I wouldn’t doubt that lower level on the 50 you’d be paying north of $10k per PSL. Seems very likely 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Pretty sure the lower levels or upper decks have been announced at all. From the sounds of it, anyone that’s been to the experience will say when asked about the lower and upper levels they tell them that pricing is not available yet. Likely to get them to spring for the expensive clubs. 

but I wouldn’t doubt that lower level on the 50 you’d be paying north of $10k per PSL. Seems very likely 

Yeah as far as we know they haven't been officially released that's why I said I don't know how accurate it was.  But once things leak, things spread pretty fast.  It also sounds like a realistic number for those seats so I felt like it was worth sharing on here as a "take it with a grain of salt" kinda thing.  

4 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Yeah as far as we know they haven't been officially released that's why I said I don't know how accurate it was.  But once things leak, things spread pretty fast.  It also sounds like a realistic number for those seats so I felt like it was worth sharing on here as a "take it with a grain of salt" kinda thing.  

Yeah I get it. Personally I think a 50!yard line seat will likely be about that much. Anything inside the 30s will likely be pretty crazy. Outside the 20s will be where the majority of “Bills Mafia” buys their seats. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

We are only 15.9% less than the average NFL tickets. And I believe I read ticket prices are increasing another 10% this year, so that discrepancy is likely going to get smaller.

I believe I heard that is because we have an additional home game (pre-season) this year.

I have added images from the Experience that were sent to me by the rep.

I have added the East Club pricing and benefits to my original post 

In this post and next I have added the Field Club pricing and benefits. The pricing is for 2 seats. Field Club location in next post. Too much time to shrink them to fit in one post.

IMG_2332.jpeg

IMG_2333.jpeg

Edited by Mr Info
Updated images & text
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Well. I didn’t think it was obvious. I have doubts about those numbers honestly. If you were talking resale I would believe it. Where did you say you got that info from again? 

Not sure why you would find that so hard to believe, unless you haven’t been following ticket prices for a decade. The Bills themselves announced that their tickets were 20% below the league average in 2021. This was BEFORE a 22% increase in prices within the stadium.

IMG-8316.jpg

Just in the past 18 months the Bills have increased tickets by 22%. They went up 12% last offseason (which got us to 15.9% below league average) and they’re going up 10% this offseason (which I think will get us to around 12% below league average).

I think your mind is stuck in the mid 2000’s when we were far below league average. The Pegula’s have steadily increased ticket prices. The bargain is gone. We are almost at league average and the new stadium will put us well above league average.

IMG_8302.thumb.jpeg.0d5bab86e006ecfafdcbea4081ca4d93.jpeg

https://dolphinstalk.com/2023/12/which-nfl-team-had-the-most-expensive-tickets-in-2023/

Edited by Einstein

When the team is good, the tix will be going for $300 middle of the road seating and half the attendees will be fans with legacy ties to the area flying in from out of town. When the team is bad, or the temperature is around 15 or below, that’s when the masses will be able to enjoy the game experience.  

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

I believe I heard that is because we have an additional home game (pre-season) this year.

We had 9 home games last year (8 in Buffalo) and 8 homes games this year. So it’s equal.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2024/02/15/bills-season-ticket-prices-increase#:~:text=Bills announce season ticket prices to inc

40 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

In this post and next I have added the Field Club pricing and benefits. Field Club location in next post. Too much time to shrink them to fit in one post.

IMG_2332.jpeg

IMG_2333.jpeg

Access to "purchase" VIP parking

You don't even get a spot included for $30K????

• Haha (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

In this post and next I have added the Field Club pricing and benefits. Field Club location in next post. Too much time to shrink them to fit in one post.

IMG_2332.jpeg

IMG_2333.jpeg

for 1 seat?

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

for 1 seat?

I believe these numbers are for two seats.  So,  20K PSL per seat. $5150 per seat for a 10 game season (2 preseason, 8 regular season).  Does not include parking.

1 minute ago, richNjoisy said:

I believe these numbers are for two seats.  So,  20K PSL per seat. $5150 per seat for a 10 game season (2 preseason, 8 regular season).  Does not include parking.

that's not what his chart showed. $30K for PSL and $8610.00 for ticket....unless I'm way off.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

that's not what his chart showed. $30K for PSL and $8610.00 for ticket....unless I'm way off.

The prices for East & Field clubs are for 2 seats. East club PSL is $20k/seat and ~$5.1k season ticket. Field club PSL is $15k/seat and $4.3k/season ticket.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Now that the reality of PSL pricing is hitting Bills fans everyone can understand why so many Jets and Giants fans dropped their seasons and just purchase tickets on a game-by-game basis. 

But to be fair look at the new New Jersey football stadium for the New York Giants and Jets it’s apples and oranges compared to the Buffalo Bills new stadium. Yes we all have complaints about the new Buffalo Bills stadium but I am saying as much complaints as I have had about the new Bills stadium it’s better than the Giants/Jets stadium. Because look at the Giants/Jets stadium. It was like they built a glorified Buffalo War Memorial Stadium for a billion dollars it should have never been built the designer failed no debate about that New York fans can’t stand the ugly stadium. That New Jersey stadium from television because I never have been in it looks worse than the old Giants stadium. It’s a why bother? New York/New Jersey is some of the wealthiest fans in America and that stadium is pure garbage. New York City missed the boat. They should have built a Sofi Style Stadium in Queens instead of that Soccer Specific Stadium for New York City FC MLS. With both the New York Giants and New York Jets moving back to the Big Apple where they belong enough with the Jersey crapola taking our money. But I am not saying any more because I will be accused of talking politics by the Bills moderators which isn’t my point in my sports posts. I speak from a sports business prospective. My point is other areas of the country like Los Angeles are better decisions makers than New York.

It’s my own opinion our leaders don’t think big enough it’s cost New York City which my mother side of the family is from just as much as Buffalo. I have state pride and I don’t like the stadium decisions not just for Buffalo but the entire state of New York our state has failed. We do half a loaf of bread in our main city New York also and call it a day crazy. It costs to live in New York City we have to get New York City back to it’s rightful place as a world class city not watch teams go to Jersey and California we did that to ourselves it was self inflicted. I love soccer I really do but the Giants and Jets coming back home to a Sofi Stadium in New York City would be huge dollars for New York State our entire state that we can have some state pride in instead of that slop in the swamp in New Jersey. Again it’s just my sports business opinion. And I get MSG was against that Jets stadium but our leaders need to do what is best for the entire state from a business perspective not MSG prospective. It’s purely a sports take not political take because I don’t care about politics. My posts are from a sports business perspective what is best long term for our entire state to maximize events profits which bring in much needed revenue and maximize showing off our state to the max. Suspending me is never getting me off my take that our state was insane to let the Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Baseball Giants, New York Football Giants and New York Jets go along with down grading CCNY Beavers Division I basketball over gambling while the Kentucky Wildcats were involved and business as usual. That cost our state billions of dollars plus the loss of the Buffalo Braves which was completely save able. I have talked about this the Niagara Falls Convention Center should have been built grander with the Buffalo Braves as the prime tenant. The Buffalo Sabres and Canisius College have no power to do anything because they are both in Erie County and you are in Niagara County. Buffalo Super Fan who cares? You should care there are no Toronto Raptors if the Buffalo Braves are still in Western New York that money would have stayed in Western New York/New York State instead of going to Canada. All this stuff adds up which was the start of our present downfall population wise in New York State. We need to make New York State where you don’t want to leave even though it cost more because we have this, this, this over X,Y, Z state that is all I am saying from a sports standpoint we are declining from the Buffalo Sabres/Buffalo Braves to the Syracuse Orange to the heavy sports loss of New York City sports team assets over the years. What is the Brooklyn Dodgers still playing in Brooklyn still worth today money and value to New York State? They were the Chicago Cubs Wrigleyville before the Chicago Cubs that is billions of dollars the New York Mets are nothing like that in popularity compared to the Brooklyn Dodgers or the New York Baseball Giants carry on if fans can’t see what happened to our state I don’t know what you are all watching in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

What is the $30k for on your image?

Are they saying “this PSL is worth $30k, but we are letting you take it home for the low low price of $20k”?

IMG-8321.jpg

Field club PSL is $15k/seat x two seats (my quote image)= $30k. East club PSL is $20K/seat. My quote is for 2 seats (follow link in earlier post today where I placed the East club images in my first post after I got experienced).

Edited by Mr Info
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mr Info said:

Field club PSL is $15k/seat x two seats (my quote) = $30k. East club PSL is $20K/seat. My quote is for 2 seats (follow link in earlier post today where I placed the East club images in my first post after I got experienced).

Thanks for the explanation. It was my fault. You wrote "East club PSL is $20k/seat" and my brain read it as "Each club PSL is $20k/seat".

Aka, I thought you were saying all the clubs had a PSL of $20k/seat. I should have kept reading.

• Like (+1) 1

I told everyone. PSL's are the devil.  They exist to guarantee the home team has a sellout.  Owners have rigged it so fans can never just not show up and show their displeasure with the team/owner.

They are incredibly expensive and in a market like buffalo almost useless.   In Arlington they have events multiple nights a week.  tons of concerts, soccer, wrestling, boxing etc.  When you have a PSL in DFW you get first dibs on tickets.  What is the advantage or point in Buffalo, NY?  The occasional summer concert?

Owners all need to be dealt some reality but they use fans love of the sport and their team against them knowing most will find ways to pay for it somehow.   I know here in Dallas you can/could finance your psl for 30 years.  Something to the effect of a 5500 PSL for 30 years at whatever percent and it was like 300 once a year and then you pay your ticket prices.  

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I told everyone. PSL's are the devil.  They exist to guarantee the home team has a sellout.  Owners have rigged it so fans can never just not show up and show their displeasure with the team/owner.

They are incredibly expensive and in a market like buffalo almost useless.   In Arlington they have events multiple nights a week.  tons of concerts, soccer, wrestling, boxing etc.  When you have a PSL in DFW you get first dibs on tickets.  What is the advantage or point in Buffalo, NY?  The occasional summer concert?

Owners all need to be dealt some reality but they use fans love of the sport and their team against them knowing most will find ways to pay for it somehow.   I know here in Dallas you can/could finance your psl for 30 years.  Something to the effect of a 5500 PSL for 30 years at whatever percent and it was like 300 once a year and then you pay your ticket prices.  

I would say that even with interest, if they offered a 20 or 30 year PSL it would go over much better than it currently is. Fans would not worry so much about paying 1k a year for 30 years for a club seat. But when you demand all that money up front or within 10 years or less it becomes a much bigger nut for almost all “fans”. Of course the business/corporate side doesn’t care. They take their write offs asap. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's sad, with how much these tix will be sold on ticket Master etal. I can't see my grandson and I catching a game in the new stadium.

I'm glad I got to take him to the current one.  Maybe we can get 1 more game there before it's gone.

When I was 11 I worked my butt off all year to be able to buy my own season ticket in the 45 yard line. Hustling around the neighborhood, cutting grass, shoveling snow, you name it. Working, not gifted.

No kid will ever be able to tell a story like that again which is a shame. There is no 11 year old who could ever afford a 15k PSL plus 6k in tickets for the seat that I had. Not legally anyway.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

When I was 11 I worked my butt off all year to be able to buy my own season ticket in the 45 yard line. Hustling around the neighborhood, cutting grass, shoveling snow, you name it. Working, not gifted.

No kid will ever be able to tell a story like that again which is a shame. There is no 11 year old who could ever afford a 15k PSL plus 6k in tickets for the seat that I had. Not legally anyway.

Yeah the PSL's are a bull **** move by Terry. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

I would say that even with interest, if they offered a 20 or 30 year PSL it would go over much better than it currently is. Fans would not worry so much about paying 1k a year for 30 years for a club seat. But when you demand all that money up front or within 10 years or less it becomes a much bigger nut for almost all “fans”. Of course the business/corporate side doesn’t care. They take their write offs asap. 

Just a side note to this discussion, but I have seen this mentioned multiple times how businesses will just buy season tickets and use them as a write-off but I was talking to an Accountant I know and he said sports entertainment is no longer a viable tax write off.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Just a side note to this discussion, but I have seen this mentioned multiple times how businesses will just buy season tickets and use them as a write-off but I was talking to an Accountant I know and he said sports entertainment is no longer a viable tax write off.

I’m sure the business with their lawyers have found a way to figure it out. 

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

And I hate to say it but the businessmen of the NFL. The owners. The tv execs. None of them give 2 chits about that. They cater to people taking out loans to take their families to 1-2 games a year between the secondary prices of the tix. The hotels. The restaurants. The car rentals. Etc. Or they cater to the businesses that buy out the seats and host business parties or shmooze their clients at games so they can sell more houses, or have better banking options. Etc. They don’t give 2 F-“Ks about the teenager saving up to buy tickets and not spend another dime while inside the stadium. Honestly, they don’t care about almost any of it anyway. Because the tv contracts are what’s putting the majority of money into all their pockets anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

To be fair AT&t stadium only has four concerts booked through the end of the year right now

A few rodeos a few boxing matches and a bunch of soccer matches

Soccer has zero appeal in Buffalo basically.. neither does the rodeo

So they have four concerts and a few boxing 

That's not mega cool huge events happening all the time to be fair... Like nobody cares about a rodeo in Buffalo

And every single stadium study showed it does nothing for the local economy big picture 

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

We had 9 home games last year (8 in Buffalo) and 8 homes games this year. So it’s equal.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2024/02/15/bills-season-ticket-prices-increase#:~:text=Bills announce season ticket prices to inc

Plus one pre-season game last year, making it 9 total home games.  This year we should be getting two pre-season games, making it 10 home games.  You still need to pay for a ticket to go to pre-season games.  

35 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m sure the business with their lawyers have found a way to figure it out. 

And I hate to say it but the businessmen of the NFL. The owners. The tv execs. None of them give 2 chits about that. They cater to people taking out loans to take their families to 1-2 games a year between the secondary prices of the tix. The hotels. The restaurants. The car rentals. Etc. Or they cater to the businesses that buy out the seats and host business parties or shmooze their clients at games so they can sell more houses, or have better banking options. Etc. They don’t give 2 F-“Ks about the teenager saving up to buy tickets and not spend another dime while inside the stadium. Honestly, they don’t care about almost any of it anyway. Because the tv contracts are what’s putting the majority of money into all their pockets anyway. 

Yep it's very shortsighted. If the kids don't learn to love it, they won't watch when they are older either, but that's modern corporate thinking too. The only quarter that matters is the next quarter.

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Yep it's very shortsighted. If the kids don't learn to love it, they won't watch when they are older either, but that's modern corporate thinking too. The only quarter that matters is the next quarter.

Idk. The nfl has enough hype going for it that I don’t think that it will ever  matter. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I know it would for me.  $20K over 20 years is only $1000/year + interest.  I can deal better with that than any of the current set ups. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Guessing the issue would be people defaulting or choosing not to pay the PSL in some down years, they want us all to have a big enough sunk cost up front that it’ll hurt us to leave.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I know it would for me.  $20K over 20 years is only $1000/year + interest.  I can deal better with that than any of the current set ups. 

Yup. Even if they needed like 20% down or something like that. It’s no different how they do the tix now. You can pay monthly. You just don’t have access to tix during the season until they are paid for 

34 minutes ago, Griecoa10 said:

Guessing the issue would be people defaulting or choosing not to pay the PSL in some down years, they want us all to have a big enough sunk cost up front that it’ll hurt us to leave.

% down would fix that. Maybe demanding 5 years up front. Then you’d always be 5 years paid up early. 

could even give people an out to just pay for the pSL fees but pass off the tix sales to others if needed. This way you could still keep the rights to the seats but opt out for  a year. Etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

I would say that even with interest, if they offered a 20 or 30 year PSL it would go over much better than it currently is. 

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

I know it would for me.  $20K over 20 years is only $1000/year + interest. 

These clubs seats are not meant for a person with an average salary that would need a 20-year loan (and certainly not an 11-year old as mentioned above). They are catered to companies and clientele that have 5-figure spending money (not savings) on hand.

The high-end club PSLs will almost assuredly lose value. Could you imagine the average person taking out a 20-year loan and now the year is 2036, he still owes $10K+ and meanwhile similar PSLs to his are now selling on the market for $8K? It would be akin to being underwater on a mortgage.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

To be fair AT&t stadium only has four concerts booked through the end of the year right now

A few rodeos a few boxing matches and a bunch of soccer matches

Soccer has zero appeal in Buffalo basically.. neither does the rodeo

So they have four concerts and a few boxing 

That's not mega cool huge events happening all the time to be fair... Like nobody cares about a rodeo in Buffalo

And every single stadium study showed it does nothing for the local economy big picture 

I live here.  I drive by the dumb place all the time.  They have events constantly out there.  Not to mention now with the new ballpark for the rangers they built another complex that is all sports bars and its huge.  Both stadiums and the complex (Texas Live) are right down the street on the same block and the old ballpark, the nice one is still there also across the street.

They may only have a few events scheduled at the moment but its a constant thing.  Plus you throw in the high school football state championships which are huge here and college bowl games and kickoff games.  

I have no idea what it does for the local economy nor do I care...if it fell over I would laugh.  I know tarrant county and the city of arlington own the stadium.  I have to imagine they are making something, hell for the taylor swift concerts the last few years alone.  

Believe me there is always stuff going on out there.  I think they have boat shows and other nonsense like that there too.  

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I live here.  I drive by the dumb place all the time.  They have events constantly out there.  Not to mention now with the new ballpark for the rangers they built another complex that is all sports bars and its huge.  Both stadiums and the complex (Texas Live) are right down the street on the same block and the old ballpark, the nice one is still there also across the street.

They may only have a few events scheduled at the moment but its a constant thing.  Plus you throw in the high school football state championships which are huge here and college bowl games and kickoff games.  

I have no idea what it does for the local economy nor do I care...if it fell over I would laugh.  I know tarrant county and the city of arlington own the stadium.  I have to imagine they are making something, hell for the taylor swift concerts the last few years alone.  

Believe me there is always stuff going on out there.  I think they have boat shows and other nonsense like that there too.  

The Buffalo Bills spent years researching The stadium project

They researched if having a convention center or a multi-purpose venue was financially worth it

All of their research showed it was not... NYS certainly would have done it if they could have made more money

And that a standalone football stadium was the best option

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The Buffalo Bills spent years researching The stadium project

They researched if having a convention center or a multi-purpose venue was financially worth it

All of their research showed it was not... NYS certainly would have done it if they could have made more money

And that a standalone football stadium was the best option

well i am confused...or maybe  you are.  I do not follow what you are getting at.  My point was with a PSL here you get access to tickets to other events....and maybe buffalo doesn't care about soccer or college football but I assure it is huge in this market.  So if you were a cowboys season ticket holder you would have first dibs at tickets for these big events.  

There are like 9 million people in this market.  If you have a psl you can recoup some of your money by buying tickets to events like the cotton bowl, other college games, taylor swift concerts...etc....and selling them on the secondary market which is what everyone does.  Personally I think that sucks completely but that is what happens.

anyway.  The original point was having to pay these high PSL costs in Buffalo makes zero sense while in other markets like DFW, NYC, Los Angeles etc. at least there is some other perk to having the psl.

• Like (+1) 2