Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I think it looks fine.  Not “absolutely stunning, dahling” by modern standards, but whatever.

It’s going to be a place to watch live football, not a wonder of the modern world.

$1.5 Billion doesn’t even come close to buying you a ‘wonder of the modern world’ these days. 😉

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Especially not in WNY. Nashville's new dome is what? $2.1B?

Not anywhere. I’d be curious to see how people rank the other NFL stadiums on the Wonder of the Modern World thermometer. The only ones that might even make it on the scale might be Los Angeles, Dallas and maybe Minneapolis. The rest…..not so much. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Not anywhere. I’d be curious to see how people rank the other NFL stadiums on the Wonder of the Modern World thermometer. The only ones that might even make it on the scale might be Los Angeles, Dallas and maybe Minneapolis. The rest…..not so much. 

When Dubai gets their NFL franchise, that stadium will be a palace, literally.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Sorry, I don't do the tailgate thing when I come up so those tables are yours. The hatred of expats coming home to watch games is a very odd take. I apologize that I can't make it up every weekend. Of course, even if I did and had season tickets again I don't think I'd qualify for an opinion because I still don't pay enough to be allowed one because I don't own property in NYS anymore.

The single most frustrating thing about Buffalonians as a person who used to be one and now looks back. You complain that you don't have things, then when you have something, you want to pay for it with green stamps, and then B word about those green stamps too. Take your gripes about the stadium and its cost up with your elected officials. When they win despite your complaints then understand you were in the minority. If you prevail, good on you.

Frankly I didn't ask for a new stadium either. I like the current one but blaming out of town people for your issues with the project is off base and out of line.

I never blamed anyone for any problems. I simply stated that out of towners coming in for 1-2 games a year should just shut their mouths. They have almost zero opinion to what this stadium should be and what should be happening in and to this city. 

there really isn’t much anyone can do about the situation as it is. Fwiw I voted for the other guy so I guess I did my best when it comes to taking it up with elected officials. Unfortunately I work for this god aweful state and don’t have an out for at least another 11 years. Until then, I guess I’ll just have to live with the out of towners coming here for 2 weekends a year acting like they’re thoughts on what should be happening in my city should matter. 

And I complain about things we don’t have because we’ll, we don’t have them. Would have been nice to have a real stadium downtown. Bringing something to our city. Instead we get another useless building other than maybe 20 weekends a year with Bills games, and maybe a few concerts. But again, I have the right to complain about it because well, I freaking live here. I don’t go to other teams stadiums and complain about how things should be there. I simply go and enjoy the game and experience and leave it at that. I’m there once in a year, or maybe even once a lifetime. I’m fully aware that my opinion doesn’t mean crap. 

thank you for your wing money and helping the city sell our a game twice a year. Your contribution is appreciated. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The hatred of expats coming home to watch games is a very odd take....

blaming out of town people for your issues with the project is off base and out of line.

The City of Angry, Hateful Neighbors just doesn't have quite the same ring.

• Haha (+1) 4

22 hours ago, mrags said:

I never blamed anyone for any problems. I simply stated that out of towners coming in for 1-2 games a year should just shut their mouths. They have almost zero opinion to what this stadium should be and what should be happening in and to this city. 

there really isn’t much anyone can do about the situation as it is. Fwiw I voted for the other guy so I guess I did my best when it comes to taking it up with elected officials. Unfortunately I work for this god aweful state and don’t have an out for at least another 11 years. Until then, I guess I’ll just have to live with the out of towners coming here for 2 weekends a year acting like they’re thoughts on what should be happening in my city should matter. 

And I complain about things we don’t have because we’ll, we don’t have them. Would have been nice to have a real stadium downtown. Bringing something to our city. Instead we get another useless building other than maybe 20 weekends a year with Bills games, and maybe a few concerts. But again, I have the right to complain about it because well, I freaking live here. I don’t go to other teams stadiums and complain about how things should be there. I simply go and enjoy the game and experience and leave it at that. I’m there once in a year, or maybe even once a lifetime. I’m fully aware that my opinion doesn’t mean crap. 

thank you for your wing money and helping the city sell our a game twice a year. Your contribution is appreciated. 

image.png.d107b967520e4ef8b4a036af90207ba6.png

😁

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

The crazy thing is the stadium is gonna cost  1.7 or 1.8 billion. The new Titans stadium with a translucent dome is gonna be 2.1 billion. So for basically the same cost we could've had a stadium like that. 

So let me see if I understand your math. You add all of the cost overruns and inflation to the Bills stadium but not to the Titans new one? There’s no free lunch in construction and certainly not on projects as complex as these ones. Things cost what they cost. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

The crazy thing is the stadium is gonna cost  1.7 or 1.8 billion. The new Titans stadium with a translucent dome is gonna be 2.1 billion. So for basically the same cost we could've had a stadium like that. 

In New York State?  lol

22 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Not sure what it is exactly but it looks horrible to me. Lol

I'd honestly rather just keep playing at the Ralph. 

definitely agree with you there.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

The difference is cost of labor and graft in WNY. Here it costs $3+ billion.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The difference is cost of labor and graft in WNY. Here it costs $3+ billion.

This shouldn’t be shocking to anyone. Costs are not the same across the country especially in construction/ real estate….and it isn’t because of graft. My home in Southern California cost way more than a standard home in either Buffalo or Nashville….or just about anywhere in the country for that matter. All you have to do is check out an episode or two of House Hunters on HGTV and you’ll be utterly amazed at the variation of home prices across the country. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This shouldn’t be shocking to anyone. Costs are not the same across the country especially in construction/ real estate….and it isn’t because of graft. My home in Southern California cost way more than a standard home in either Buffalo or Nashville….or just about anywhere in the country for that matter. All you have to do is check out an episode or two of House Hunters on HGTV and you’ll be utterly amazed at the variation of home prices across the country. 

Home prices, sure. But are construction prices that different? Why does a stadium in Tennessee cost 60% of one in WNY? (I can guess.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

i-sell-used-8-track-tapes-wife-and-i-han

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Home prices, sure. But are construction prices that different? Why does a stadium in Tennessee cost 60% of one in WNY? (I can guess.)

Depends a lot on the funding stream; government projects often have requirements for union wages, set asides for special-designation contractors (veteran-owned, woman-owned, etc).  This ramps ou the cost on top of the local economy conditions.