UDFA signings 2023

KingBoots8

27 minutes ago, balln said:

Not necessarily. If the position of the holes is good maybe. Usually when you do a revision you bone graft the holes. Let them heal and redo in a second surgery.

prob just used an allograft (cadaver tendon) and a tightrope internal brace (rope/suture) But healing still isn’t necessarily faster 

You think he would do an allograft? If I were an athlete I’d look at another graft from my body. 

1 minute ago, Arkady Renko said:

You think he would do an allograft? If I were an athlete I’d look at another graft from my body. 

For sure. That’s been studied. Way easier rehab. You’re not taking my hamstring. And they prob took his patellar tendon for first surgery. You’re not gonna take my patellar tendon from my other knee. 

30 minutes ago, balln said:

For sure. That’s been studied. Way easier rehab. You’re not taking my hamstring. And they prob took his patellar tendon for first surgery. You’re not gonna take my patellar tendon from my other knee. 

I did the hamstring for my ACL. I was happy with it.  Didn’t like the idea of a cadaver part. 

53 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I read this in an article discussing Von Miller's specific surgery. I cannot remember the author so I am unsure how credible the information, but supposedly this was part of Miller's reason for optimism regarding a quicker return than might be expected.

I was the author, but I’m not in the mood to argue right now. I am clearly credible. I’m on the internet!   😋

I am strangely hopeful about Von’s recovery. Watching Tre struggle was painful. We’ll never know how much was physical and how much was emotional, but I hope the young man finds his form this year. He’s just so easy to like. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

The difference if I recollect correctly is that holes drilled in the bone for a previous surgery were still available to use in the new surgery. Apparently this is helpful and lessens recovery time. But my PhD is in the humanities, so this may all be hearsay.

And yet it does suggest you have developed the aptitude to comprehend, contextualize, and even synthesize complex and diverse texts (not to mention a tolerance for debt!)

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

And yet it does suggest you have developed the aptitude to comprehend, contextualize, and even synthesize complex and diverse texts (not to mention a tolerance for debt!)

Too sad for words. I'll be dead before I have the damn thing paid off. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Talking about Jason Peters here correct?

You got it! He was a  former TE at Arkansas working to convert to tackle and the Bills snatched him up as a UDFA. I'm pretty sure he didn't play any offensive snaps as a rookie, only special teams. 

19 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

PFF has a fuller list

BUFFALO BILLS

RB Jordan Mims, Fresno State

WR Tyrell Shavers, San Diego State

WR Jalen Wayne, South Alabama

OT Richard Gouraige, Florida

OT Noah Henderson, East Carolina

DI DJ Dale, Alabama

Minicamp

RB Isaiah Bowser, UCF

OG Josh Donovan, Arizona

DI KD Hill, Ole Miss

DI Taron Vincent, Ohio State

LB James Patterson, Buffalo

S Joe Foucha, LSU

S Javon Scruggs, Liberty

S Morgan Vest, Northern Arizona

LS Aaron Bolinsky, Syracuse

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2023-udfa-tracker-undrafted-free-agent-signings-all-32-teams

I hope Patterson looks good in mini-camp so they sign him for training camp/preseason 

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Too sad for words. I'll be dead before I have the damn thing paid off. 

100% same. Does that mean my poor surviving family is on the hook? Is that what life insurance is for?

I also have a terminal humanities degree, which is a funny way to say it is chasing me to the grave! Go Bills lol

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

100% same. Does that mean my poor surviving family is on the hook? Is that what life insurance is for?

I also have a terminal humanities degree, which is a funny way to say it is chasing me to the grave! Go Bills lol

In retrospect it can all appear an utterly foolish dream, but I still understand the kind of romantic idealism that caused that journey in the first place. More often than not it hides under the guise of bitterness, alas. American pragmatism doesn't see the point of it. Anyway, be well fellow sufferer, and yes, let's go Buffalo!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/3/2023 at 5:36 PM, ColoradoBills said:

The thing is Siran did not play much at all, even with all the injuries with the DBs last season.

Neal only had 63 defensive snaps last year.  That's less than 4 snaps a game.

His worth is strictly STs.

He is the bakup for Taron and Taron was the one guy back there that stayed healthy. He can't play outside. They could have tried him at safety at some point, for sure, but chose not to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

In retrospect it can all appear an utterly foolish dream, but I still understand the kind of romantic idealism that caused that journey in the first place. More often than not it hides under the guise of bitterness, alas. American pragmatism doesn't see the point of it. Anyway, be well fellow sufferer, and yes, let's go Buffalo!

Not your every day post one reads on OBD and yes, Go Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/4/2023 at 10:34 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

The invites for XFL players have begun. I think that league, ending sooner in spring, will be a better bet for players hoping for NFL rookie camp invites.

What some of these mamma jammas need to do is to "bulk up".  I recommend several hard-boiled eggs before each practice, scrimmage, or game, should that movie be our guide.

Edited by TheCockSportif

On 5/3/2023 at 6:51 AM, GunnerBill said:

I'm not sure Latavius Murray makes it. I think the Bills signed him as insurance but they almost never draft 4 running backs, and Cook, Harris and Hines are all dressing unless Harris's health issues resurface. Are you really retaining a 33 year old running back as a non-dressing roster member at the expense of a young guy you like who plays teams? Q Morris played 75% of STs snaps this past season. Who replaces those snaps? You are not running Kincaid or Knox out there to do that job. 

I also agree with @MrEpsYtown - if Dodson doesn't win the LB job he might not be here, likewise AJ Klein (who they picked up off the street last season). 

I'd go no Murray and (optimistically) no Klein and replace them with Morris and Spector. I expect Morris to make it. Spector is more of a 50/50 proposition.

Obviously a chance Von starts on PUP (but I hope not). 

There's no way Von starts on PUP. His recovery and what he had done isn't the same as Tre's. By all accounts, he's not expected to miss any time. He's said at worst a game or two. They aren't going to shut him down for a guaranteed 6 games. If Beane felt that was the case, we'd have done more at DE.

As for Murray, we've always kept 4 RB's on the 53. Beane called his agents on Draft Day and told them that if he signed with them, he wouldn't Draft a RB. While I see the logic in carrying 3, keeping someone like Morris, and stashing Murray on the PS - I don't see them doing that. Any team in the league could have a player injured and playing time available to Murray and he'd be gone. He wouldn't stick around on a PS and give up the chance to play for someone else.

I do like Morris. But I feel that Gilliam could get more reps and cover Morris' role switching between behind the line blocking and on the line blocking when Harris (a solid run blocker) is in the Backfield.

While I could see a scenario where Spector makes the roster over a Dodson or Klein, I don't see it as likely. We keep 5 LB's, 6 max. With the uncertainty at MLB, I see us keeping 6.

Milano, Bernard and Williams (recent 3rd Round picks), and Tyler Matakevitch (core ST) are locks. That's 4 of the 6. Then I give Klein and Dodson the edge over Spector. I think we'd try and bring Spector back to the PS. But Klein and Dodson are more valuable at the moment.

• Disagree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.