RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

14 hours ago, Yantha said:

I enjoyed this:

He was one of the 4 guys I listed in the 1st round, that I absolutely had to have…👍

Funny thing is, I just watched a crap ton of his highlight videos last night, and I don’t know how it’s possible, but he looked even more amazing than the first time…

With the defense doubling Diggs, this guy’s gonna eat like crazy! 👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Seriously wondering how the ***** he dropped to us 

Just happens in the draft sometimes, based on positional need etc. We were probably helped by the run on WR’s, among other things. But it is not like other TE’s got valued ahead of him, he was still viewed as TE #1.

Despite the cost, I am so happy that Beane moved up and got him. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

He was one of the 4 guys I listed in the 1st round, that I absolutely had to have…👍

Funny thing is, I just watched a crap ton of his highlight videos last night, and I don’t know how it’s possible, but he looked even more amazing than the first time…

With the defense doubling Diggs, this guy’s gonna eat like crazy! 👍

Oh yes.....   Sleeper fantasy pick as well...  LOL.  I might win my keeper league on this one.  haha

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2023 at 11:16 PM, Scott7975 said:

If Dorsey can actually game plan and call an offense with 2 TEs then I like the pick.  If not then it was a waste of two picks.

That's 50%. The other half is Allen throwing to people not named Diggs.

16 hours ago, Demongyz said:

Talked to my brother who is a Utahite

Not to pick nits, but "Utahite" is a mineral, a residentr of Utah is a "Utahn." That always stuck with me because it just looks and sounds weird.

Heartening to hear about how disappointed everyone who is not a Bills fan is in the Bills making Kincaid the pick at 25OA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Anyone else think Kincaid and Shorter could be interchangeable? Similar size and speed. 

Too crude a form of analysis to just look at size and 40 speed to ascertain what a player brings to the table. They are very different players which is why one of them was ranked #9 in Daniel Jeremiah's top 150 prospects and the other was not on the list.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

Not to pick nits, but "Utahite" is a mineral, a residentr of Utah is a "Utahn." That always stuck with me because it just looks and sounds weird.

Heartening to hear about how disappointed everyone who is not a Bills fan is in the Bills making Kincaid the pick at 25OA.

Honestly, I grew up in Utah, and I always said Utahn, however, I haven't lived there in so long, I have heard recently it is Utahite, though nobody in Utah would call it that.

Thanks for correcting me I suppose.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Honestly, I grew up in Utah, and I always said Utahn, however, I haven't lived there in so long, I have heard recently it is Utahite, though nobody in Utah would call it that.

Thanks for correcting me I suppose.

Has anyone told the Utahns/Utahites they have funny liquor laws? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am confused by all this WR talk. He’s a TE, not a slot WR. In the NFL his mismatch is going to be boxing out strong safeties and beating linebackers up seams and crossing routes. Then some quirky shovel passes and whatnot. 

If he’s a WR, than he’ll draw coverage from a strong DB that can most certainly run with him, and over the top help.. because he seems to be the Bills deep threat(??)

To make this pick worth it, creativity that the Bills haven’t shown last year, needs to happen. Kelce type play designs need to happen. That’s a first round TE. But Kelce makes it work because he’s so damn good, and he’s got the best QB in football working together with him as the primary target. If Kincaid is just going to go out there and bag 50 catches for 500 yds and 5 touchdowns then what the hell is going on here..

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.