RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

4 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Only in Bills universe could 809 yards 9 TDs be “not in the same league” as 890 yards 8 TDs. 

Watch the tape.    Mayer is clearly slipping more.  Another tight end before him.  Dallas wanted kincaid.  Anyone cranky with the pick doesn't understand what having a second TE threat does for an offense. 

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's amazing how you couldn't say this in the thread specifically about the draft.

I long for the days when his type of obnoxious crusading was a sure trigger for a dose of the ban hammer.  One of the reasons I have had this poster on ignore for some time.  

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Actually, the only fail is your reading comprehension. Jeremy White said it on GR. I posted what I heard. I didn’t say it.

In fact, I like the pick.

I take your point that you were just repeating what you heard. 

I could be mistaken, but I think the counterpoint wasn't whether or not you said it, but just repeating info one hears without taking a little minute to check.

I kinda see the point, though it can be tedious to verify stuff.

11 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, the thing with Gesicki is that if you consider him a WR then he is just an ok WR. He's a good receiver "for a TE". But wont make the full transition to full time WR.

Kincaid looks like a true WR that was designated to the TE position. 🤞

Dane Brugler said about Kincaid's blocking that he was "willing and functional."

Now, that's far from outstanding, but in no way could you ever call Gesicki's blocking either functional or willing.

Kincaid is going to be a nightmare for other teams.  He’s basically a lineman-sized Cole Beasley with more speed and better hands.  Put he and Knox on the line near the goal line/red zone and will be tough to stop run or pass.  Love this pickup.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, ddaryl said:

iF your talking Kincaid blocking is considered a weakness for him. Which is why he is visioned as a hybrid slot WR/TE for us..... at least early on

He has a really good center of alignment when he breaks down on his assignment block, he moves his hips into the target and drives through him. When they assigned him to block he used a very solid technical foundation and accomplished his block. He was more used as a down the field target in college, however when assigned to block he did so with good success and solid technique. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.