RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

19 TDs is a flat out lie. Kincaid had 16 TDs , the same Mayer had in 2 years. 

Yes, we get it. Mayer is the best TE ever to come from the draft, even though teams in the TE market didn't bother to draft him in the first, despite being given the opportunity to do so.

Meanwhile, Kincaid is woeful, dreadful, awful, and will cost Beane and McDermott their jobs whilst Josh will go from a top five QB to bottom five QB simply because of him.

We get it.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Yes, we get it. Mayer is the best TE ever to come from the draft, even though teams in the TE market didn't bother to draft him in the first, despite being given the opportunity to do so.

Meanwhile, Kincaid is woeful, dreadful, awful, and will cost Beane and McDermott their jobs whilst Josh will go from a top five QB to bottom five QB simply because of him.

We get it.

Technically Mayer hasn't come from the draft yet.

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

This much excitement about an iffy TE prospect?

Yeah, Gronk, Kelce and Ertz like he already is comparable to.

🤪

You mean a top 10 player in this draft taken at 25 by the Bills. Who will force defenses to change how they play the Bills in particular in the red zone? An area where we have struggled. What was BB thinking 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

We get it.

I never said Kincaid was woeful, or bad. 

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Technically Mayer hasn't come from the draft yet.

True, should be "in the draft"!

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The way you're going on about it makes it sound like you think it - it's coming across that you think it's a disastrous pick which we'll regret, ergo he must be a bad player.

Edited by UKBillFan

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

True, should be "in the draft"!

The way you're going on about it makes it sound like you think it - it's coming across that you think it's a disastrous pick that we'll regreat, ergo he must be a bad player.

Where did I say we would regret it? All I said was Mayer > Kincaid. 

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Im not counting Kincaid prior junk years because of a bad program. 

On a 2 year basis comparison, Mayer and Kincaid were equal receiving options. 

What about catch percentage and drop percentage? How's that compare?

It's very telling that Dallas didn't draft Mayer after Kincaid was stolen out from under their noses. Then Cincy passed on him when they have a need. I'm guessing few, if any, teams had Mayer rated higher than Kincaid.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Im not counting Kincaid prior junk years because of a bad program. 

On a 2 year basis comparison, Mayer and Kincaid were equal receiving options. 

Regardless of what you feel "doesn't count" which is such a cop out, he still averaged 1.5 more yards per catch.

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The Cowboys were not happy the Bills scooped Kincaid. Meyer is a very good traditional TE and will have a nice career. The Cowboys felt along with the NFL that he wasn’t worth a first round pick. It’s a deep NFL draft at TE. Meyer will go by 45 and have a good career. Kincaid is a dynamic deep threat who forces the D to respect. He’s going to be a big WR and will make everyone else better especially in the red zone. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

yes, and you've said it, and you've said it, and you've said it. I feel like the point has been made.

At this point it feels more like you're actively creating a sentiment of people to actively hope Mayer is just a hilarious bust at this point and he hasn't even been drafted by a team we hate yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

If that is the case, why didn't the Cowboys snap him up rather than reaching directly afterwards?

I think we also have to consider the style of play as well. Mayer is more of a traditional TE, but the Bills already has one of those in Knox. Kincaid is more of a TE/WR hybrid which will suit their offense more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, 947 said:

It's very telling that Dallas didn't draft Mayer after Kincaid was stolen out from under their noses. Then Cincy passed on him when they have a need. I'm guessing few, if any, teams had Mayer rated higher than Kincaid.

Yes, I would like IMB to address why Dallas would pass on IMB's clear #1 TE after the Bills foolishly jumped them to take the wrong TE.

16 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Mayer had 3 years at 18 (9 this year 7 the year before)Kincaid had 16 in 2 years try again. 

Kincaid had 35 in 4 years try again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.