RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

31 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The versatility adding Kincaid gives you is dependent on a player of Knox's ability manning the conventional TE role. It would be just plain damn foolishness to trade him. I think he's been underutilized. He's money in the RZ and often open. Up to Dorsey and Allen to target him. He can't throw the ball to himself.

Knox came on strong late last year, had a TD in like 6 straight gms. I guess Dorsey was trying to find some balance with Knox , as far as blocking or running routes and he did a great job utilizing him in the 2nd half of the year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What a absolute waste of a draft pick.  When is this team going to learn to take the best talent left on the board at a position of need on this team.

How quickly Beane has forgotten how Cincinnati destroyed the OL in the playoffs.  What a joke this guy is. 

Where is a player drafted for LB, OL, OT, S, CB  instead we draft a TE when we already have a team and OC that under utilizes Knox on the current roster.

This pick did nothing to make or keep Josh off his back this year.  If you think this helps watch when they play the Jets or Dolphins and KC again this coming year.  He is going to be running for his life again because, this team wants to use garbage overpaid underperforming free agents to man our entire OL.  

Unreal that Beane has lasted as long as he has, he is nothing more than a used car salesman, buying and trying to shine up garbage to sell to the public.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 5

I am not going pretend I know who Kincaid is since I have never seen him play. But reading the comments on him it sounds like the Bills got another elite level playmaker on offense to help Allen and Diggs which is something the Bills desperately need.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, finn said:

He's been underutilized because he's had to help the incompetent Spencer Brown do his job. If Brown improves (as Beane expects) or if we find a decent right tackle, Knox can go back to catching balls. 

Knox runs routes on 76% of his snaps which is 12th most among TEs. To say he’s underutilized because he’s too busy blocking is not exactly true. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Toyo321 said:

What a absolute waste of a draft pick.  When is this team going to learn to take the best talent left on the board at a position of need on this team.

How quickly Beane has forgotten how Cincinnati destroyed the OL in the playoffs.  What a joke this guy is. 

Where is a player drafted for LB, OL, OT, S, CB  instead we draft a TE when we already have a team and OC that under utilizes Knox on the current roster.

This pick did nothing to make or keep Josh off his back this year.  If you think this helps watch when they play the Jets or Dolphins and KC again this coming year.  He is going to be running for his life again because, this team wants to use garbage overpaid underperforming free agents to man our entire OL.  

Unreal that Beane has lasted as long as he has, he is nothing more than a used car salesman, buying and trying to shine up garbage to sell to the public.

Don't worry, Spencer Brown didn't play because of COVID in 2020 so the jump is coming this year!

Seems that the Bills feel like Kincaid might be a "generational" type talent and an immediate impact player.  He looks to be a really impressive offensive weapon.  The only hesitation I share with many on here is the ability of Dorsey to scheme an offense that consistently exposes another team's defensive holes.  

Kincaid's hands look GREAT!  

2 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Since you know what BB’s board looked like, who did he pass on that he had rated higher?

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I am not going pretend I know who Kincaid is since I have never seen him play. But reading the comments on him it sounds like the Bills got another elite level playmaker on offense to help Allen and Diggs which is something the Bills desperately need.

Exactly.  Key word being playmaker.  Because he's a TE and not WR, alot of keyboard warriors are doom n gloom. But this pick adds a whole different dimension to the O , as far as how we can attack teams personnel wise, they clearly want more 12 personnel,  they tried last year with OJ Howard. 

I absolutely love the pick. Kid could be special 

• Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, finn said:

He's been underutilized because he's had to help the incompetent Spencer Brown do his job. If Brown improves (as Beane expects) or if we find a decent right tackle, Knox can go back to catching balls. 

That's not true.  Knox is always running routes.  

I have always felt it and then the Cover 1 guys talked about it the other day....Knox is open a lot.  Allen just for whatever reason, doesn't go to him a lot.

• Like (+1) 2

we run an EP offense, which is match up and Tight end heavy by design.  Not having any TEs is what i think made us just not run two TE sets that much last year, and we had the number 2 O and were more consistent than the year before, w a better regular season record and the same results in the playoffs.

i fully expect our new TE to get solid burn and for us to show more 2 TE sets, as well as take advantage of match ups much more in general

• Like (+1) 7

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

You can't say BPA when you traded up for the guy.

Of course you can. 

They might easily have thought he was the BPA from, say #23 when Addison was picked. 

Perhaps even quite a bit earlier.

It's not "Best Player Available at Your Original Draft Position." It's Best Player Available ... at a position of need, whenever you pick.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.