RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

1 hour ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

A two tight-end attack in 2023 is a unicorn. Let's see if Dorsey can exploit these modern defenses. 

#2 TE who can be the "slot" guy in 2 TE sets.

Knox is the #2 TE now. This dude is a first found talent and was the consensus #1 TE in the draft. Knox was taken in what, the third round?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

400-500 yards is being very generous.  Knox past 2 seasons he posted 587 and 517 yard totals.  

I don’t see how knox is really limiting Kincaids opportunities at all…I think he’s easily going over 500. Knox got pigeon holed into a blocking role a lot…Kincaid won’t be used that way. 

seems like we were hoping to be able to run a lot more 12 personnel with oj Howard last year but he just didn’t work out 

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Eerie Kincaid - Kelce Comparisons

Born:October 1999/1989

Drafted: 2023/2013

High School Basketball Stars

Jersey #: 86/87

Hair: Mullet / Brother Rocks One

Hands: Amazing Hands

Hand Size: 10-1/4” / 9-5/8”

Creative Routes

High Football IQs

Great Style

Swagger

Love the big hands

Just now, SCBills said:

If the Cowboys war room after we drafted Kincaid is any indication.. they wanted him BAD.  

Place was in shambles. 

Vids?

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Give it a rest dude. Dalton Kincaid was universally ranked the Top TE in the Draft and was the highest rated player on the board for both NFL Network and ESPN at the time of the pick.

Mayer wasn't even picked in the 1st Round or by Dallas that was eyeing TE's hard and clearly had Kincaid on their mind.

Hall, Woolen, and now Mayer. Let’s see who is right, again. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If the Cowboys war room after we drafted Kincaid is any indication.. they wanted him BAD.  

Place was in shambles. 

They had no idea what happened.  Beane snuck in there with the Giants/Jax trade knowledge.  Kinda like what the Patriots did to the Jets.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Knox is the #2 TE now. This dude is a first found talent and was the consensus #1 TE in the draft. Knox was taken in what, the third round?

Huh?  What does Knox draft slot matter?  Only fans think about that.  Come Football time, where Knox was drafted 4 years ago is irrelevant.  And they just gave Knox $13m per.  And he is the superior blocker.  Knox will be TE1, Kincaid will be TE1.5 who will be used more as a big slot than replacing Knox as a TE.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t see how knox is really limiting Kincaids opportunities at all…I think he’s easily going over 500. Knox got pigeon holed into a blocking role a lot…Kincaid won’t be used that way. 

seems like we were hoping to be able to run a lot more 12 personnel with oj Howard last year but he just didn’t work out 

To be clear, I don't question Kincaid's talent.  It's more Ken Dorsey and this offense. 

Aaron Hernandez is the best rookie tight endthat I can remember.  He went 45 rec 563 6TDs and that was in NE's offense that featured tight ends.

I'm not optimistic he'll be utilized like he should.  We'll see.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Oh the draft genius is here! And he’s disappointed. And a ND fan. Not surprised 

That genuinely perplexes me haha cuz Mayer is a lot closer to ‘another Dawson Knox’ than Kincaid is as far as prototype goes.  I’m curious if we would’ve even scooped up Mayer if Kincaid was gone…I’m thinking no but we’ll never truly know 

cowboys were in that exact position and didn’t pull the trigger 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.