Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Of course acquiring Aaron Rodgers is good for the Jets and potentially bad for the Bills. But it's not just the QB's enigmatic persona that introduces risk into the equation; it's also said QB's age, recent health (I know not MUCH there), and late-season (especially post-season) performances.

The Jets are spending a 1st next year (if Rodgers is mostly healthy in 2023) and a 2nd this year, PLUS kind of grenading some of their roster/cap mapping to go all in here. I'd actually love to see more on how this move affects their cap, what they need to do to be compliant now and next year, etc. Rodgers doesn't strike me as a guy who would do much to reduce his own cap burden, but I don't know the guy. 

It's definitely an interesting development.

yeah I agree with all that but I’d just add since you mentioned recent post-season performances our guy hasn’t looked his best either in those spaces. Granted I’ll assume that’s an anomaly and he is 13 years younger than Rodgers but still.

28 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Bills could barely survive the Jets with Wilson. This move puts the Jets into the Chiefs/Bengals tier. 

25 minutes ago, HerdMentality said:

Rogers is cooked.

The duality of man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This signing means DHop is essential for the Bills to sign. Give them 3 Draft picks for all I care. The AFC is loaded -including our Division. What we excel at and has been the backbone of 3 consecutive Division titles is Allen doing Allen things. Diggs absolutely must have a counterpart for Josh to compete now. 

GET IT DONE!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

if he plays even 3 years at a high level, Jets will be a problem.   Phins already on par with the Bills, as last years games showed, now the Jets are as well.   But thats ok, go play the games and beat them.  

Again, Its all about offense, offense and more offense.   Top AFC teams w top QBs will move the ball and score on the Bills (and everyone else), so lets load up on offense to win in the NFlagFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

Very good news for the Bills, I think.

The Jets were clearly an up and coming team, beating the Bills this year and young, improving, maybe getting ready to challenge a weaker Bills team for the division.

Now they will have a non-leader head-case 'leading' them for hopefully 2-3 years, undermining the coach, the younger players (at 40, this could be all of them), and making it all about himself--always.  And also making it much more difficult to spend where needed to really take that next step--waiting to see the financial details, hoping the Jets are paying most of that king's ransom this year and next.

Looking forward to seeing Rodgers react to the New York media's criticism of his waning skills and narcissism.  Should be a fun ride for Bills fans!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Very good news for the Bills, I think.

The Jets were clearly an up and coming team, beating the Bills this year and young, improving, maybe getting ready to challenge a weaker Bills team for the division.

Now they will have a non-leader head-case 'leading' them for hopefully 2-3 years, undermining the coach, the younger players (at 40, this could be all of them), and making it all about himself--always.  And also making it much more difficult to spend where needed to really take that next step--waiting to see the financial details, hoping the Jets are paying most of that king's ransom this year and next.

Looking forward to seeing Rodgers react to the New York media's criticism of his waning skills and narcissism.  Should be a fun ride for Bills fans!

I think too much is made of Rodgers relationship with the media. Rodgers "fights back" with the media all the time over the years. Has it affected his play? Guy is one of the best to do it and he is a slam dunk HOF in his first year of eligibility. Rodgers doesn't let the media affect his play. Never has and never will.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

New England should feel so good right now.

The return to their Super Bowl days are right around the corner.

APB there for jumpers from bridges and buildings.

LOL.

This meme comes to mind when thinking about the Patriots (just add one more serious-looking head):

cover3.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gregg said:

2nd worst? He is better than Tua and Jones

The intent is to troll.

I especially like the "Mac is ahead of all of them" comment.

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

is 2nd worst like 3rd best? I think he's going to have a good year with the Jets

I mean when it's out of 4 players you could say Mac is the 4th best still making him the worst.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.