On Running Backs

Big Blitz

I think of it in a couple of ways-

Tannahill (spelling may be off, idc)  becomes a better QB when everyone is fearing Henry. 
and then

Mixon runs all over us because we are fearing Burrow and chase. 
so with this is still want a good RB. Not all RBs have equal qualities such as strength, vision, stop and go, speed. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

All teams have needs the Chiefs won the Super Bowl with one of the worst Wr cores in Super Bowl history . If u really want to get down to it it’s the QB and the trenches that make the biggest difference in the NFL and if u just look at the Super Bowl winning teams u will see that .  The most common denominator of winning Superbowls are great QBs and Lines play.

1st rd Wrs hardly ever win the Superbowl even in this modern day game the Wrs that have won are usually later rd pks like Tyreek Hill or Cooper Kupp . Mof since 2008 there’s only been a few 1st rd Wrs that won the Super Bowl Mike Evans with Tampa and Demariyus Thomas but that Bronco team didn’t win because of there passing game Peyton was a shell of himself.  I know u got all these needs listed but what we really are missing is Superstar talent and that’s across the board not just at a few positions. 

It’s always QB and the trenches that dictate success. Without those in place the skill positions can’t be effective. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

A perfect example is Saquan...Giants were morons for passing on a QB with having Eli on one last leg during a QB rich draft (could have landed Allen) to take a RB.  However, it was not wrong for Saquan to be drafted in the top 10, he was that good and proved to be that good in the NFL.  Just specifically having the 2nd overall pick and taking a RB instead of a QB to groom for a season behind Eli was definitely a mistake.  Especially when you see Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson were still on the board.  Then again, if they favored either Rosen or Donald, then Saquan worked out to be the better choice lol even the fundamentally it was still a bad strategy.  HOWEVER, it was not a mistake for Saquan to be drafted in the first round or even top 10, he proved to be worth the early selection.  

I am not advocating for drafting a RB in the first round, I am just pushing back on those tweets trying indicate its always wrong to pick a RB in the first round.  Which is just a stupid notion.  

But who was the BPA at the time?   Josh Allen coming off an unspectacular career in a lowly regarded conference.......or SAQUON BARKLEY.......coming off 3800 total yards in a major conference the prior two seasons?

This is where people who try to sell the logic of "BPA" as the reason to select Barkley stray far off target.    You literally do that further down thread while out of the other side of your mouth calling the Giants morons for taking Barkley instead of a QB.

The reality is that without positional value BPA is an irrelevant distinction.

As for your last statement..........what is the great advantage to being RIGHT about selecting a RB in round 1?    If you think the middling career Saquon Barkley has had  justifies a top 10 selection you are dead wrong.   But even if he strung together 5 seasons where he was always a top 5 RB...........what's that juice worth as an organization?   Saying it's not "always wrong"........especially when it almost always is and defnitely WAS in Barkley's case.........is hardly a reason to just do it!   

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But who was the BPA at the time?   Josh Allen coming off an unspectacular career in a lowly regarded conference.......or SAQUON BARKLEY.......coming off 3800 total yards in a major conference the prior two seasons?

This is where people who try to sell the logic of "BPA" as the reason to select Barkley stray far off target.    You literally do that further down thread while out of the other side of your mouth calling the Giants morons for taking Barkley instead of a QB.

The reality is that without positional value BPA is an irrelevant distinction.

As for your last statement..........what is the great advantage to being RIGHT about selecting a RB in round 1?    If you think the middling career Saquon Barkley has had  justifies a top 10 selection you are dead wrong.   But even if he strung together 5 seasons where he was always a top 5 RB...........what's that juice worth as an organization?   Saying it's not "always wrong"........especially when it almost always is and defnitely WAS in Barkley's case.........is hardly a reason to just do it!   

What are you talking about?  Josh Allen was almost the #1 overall pick, its not like anyone expected him to go late in the draft.  There was still Darnold, Rosen, and Lamar too.  

You don't take a RB 2nd overall in a rich QB draft class when your team needs a QB.   

Your reply makes no sense what so ever.  All I said was taking a RB in the first is NOT always wrong.  You know the first round has 32 picks in it right? LMAO.  And I said Barkely was a top 10 talent, but it was NOT correct to choose a RB over a QB in the top 10 when your team needed a QB.  I guarantee you if you polled 100 GMs all 100 would say the same thing.  But that didn't mean Barkely is a mistake to take in the top 10 if another team needed a RB and had chosen him if the Giants were smart enough to go QB instead of Barkley.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you talking about?  Josh Allen was almost the #1 overall pick, its not like anyone expected him to go late in the draft.  There was still Darnold, Rosen, and Lamar too.  

You don't take a RB 2nd overall in a rich QB draft class when your team needs a QB.   

Your reply makes no sense what so ever.  All I said was taking a RB in the first is NOT always wrong.  You know the first round has 32 picks in it right? LMAO.  And I said Barkely was a top 10 talent, but it was NOT correct to choose a RB over a QB in the top 10 when your team needed a QB.  I guarantee you if you polled 100 GMs all 100 would say the same thing.  But that didn't mean Barkely is a mistake to take in the top 10 if another team needed a RB and had chosen him if the Giants were smart enough to go QB instead of Barkley.

Baker Mayfield was the #1 overall pick.   That should be enough said but where someone was or "almost" was selected in your hypothetical has nothing to do with BPA..........which is your sales pitch for the Bills selecting Bijan Robinson later in the discussion.   

You said that Barkley has justified a top 10 selection with his play.   I don't know how you can expect to go from there to saying anything rational.  That is just a ridiculous take.   His overall production has been middling.   You might want to shelve that take.

Every year there is a new "great" RB......sometimes 2 like the dynamic duo of Najee and Etienne a couple years ago........that gets people trying to rationalize why they should be selected in round 1.   And in recent history it has, in fact, always turned out poorly for that team.    Considering that the first round generally produces 40%-50% of players who justify good second contracts.........taking a RB in round 1 has proven to be a consistently poor decision regardless of their hype.    That's what matters.   Not whether this ONE TIME might be the extreme outlier. :lol:

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

Devin Singletary had a career 4.7 yards per carry. You could argue it was because we don't feature the RB position in this offense but then your argument would have to be that we will feature the RB in this offense. Which we won't. If we address the line, Harris, Cook, and Hines will be just fine. If you want one more guy I can give you half a dozen 3rd/4th/5th round picks that can give you replacement value. Betting on above replacement value at a position that declines rapidly and using premium assets to do so makes zero sense.  

Agree emphatically.  Given we're in a passing era with a pass-first offense and have an All-Star QB, I'm reasonably happy with our diverse RB room.  I'm not sure how much confidence I have in Dorsey scheming either run or pass plays for RBs.  But the big issue is the OL.  A better OL will bodyguard our QB better and open holes for the backs.  

Looking at value-added in the RB position, I don't know how much we can get in the draft.  Seems like bigger upgrades are probably available elsewhere.  Though I don't know how I'd feel if Bijon was available at 27 but I'm certainly not itching to trade up for him.  

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

If the argument over injuries is a concern - then what’s it matter?  

Just plug in the next guy to your system that will absolutely see the same fronts or boxes.  

Should get the same results right?  Like New England when they lost Stevenson, the Titans lost Henry last year, Hall and the Jets.  

If you’re picking a RB in top 10 your team sucks anyway and no single RB is going to save it.  

RBs need to land in the right spot like most every other player but with them, I believe the data your getting back comparing 1st round picks vs later has to be skewed to bad team drafting them vs a good one.  

Perfect spots for Bijan and the team drafting him:  Vikings (if they trade Cook), Cowboys, Bills, Eagles at 30.  

If the Bills get Bijan all these fans will lose there minds until they actually see him on the field slicing up those 6 man fronts and making life a lot easier on Josh. I don’t think Bijan will make it to us I would love to get Tucker in the 4th or 5th rd he’s gonna be great to and would absolutely kill it in our offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The system had everything to do with Purdy's success.   He's a perfect fit.   There is no hesitation in his game and he makes all the throws the offense asks of him very well.   If he had 2018 Matt Breida he would have done just as well or better...........and he'd have been fine if they had just kept Jeff Wilson........who, as I illustrated,  was a bigger threat running the ball.    Anyone who thinks that Purdy is some sort of creation made possible by McCaffrey just doesn't know what they are watching.

Not sure how some of you as Bills fans..........who have literally watched the Bills refuse to put a 3rd LB on the field regardless of the situation..........don't realize that NFL defenses prefer you to take the short 4.7 yards per rush and 8-9 yards per reception gains of a good RB rather than being beaten for 10+ yard pops in the pass game.    

If the Bills are regularly a top 5 defense and they do it that way.........then why do you think other teams are suddenly hyper-focused on stopping an opposing RB?    

Just because they have a big name?   It's a figment of your imagination. 

The modern defensive logic is very simple:   the more plays you make an offense run........the more likely they will make a mistake on offense that undermines their drive.    Small-bite, RB-centric game plans are loaded with opportunity for mistakes.   

Again........this is not 1990.   The rules favor the downfield passing game immensely now and you don't have 7 years of control over players on their first contracts any longer and practice time is limited so it's a very different looking running game.

Okay... explain to me why the Niners gave up all that capital and Jeff Wilson for CMC?? 

• Like (+1) 1

All I know is the the prospect of Andy Reid with Mahomes, Kelce, and Bijon Robinson would drive a stake through the heart of the Bills' Super Bowl aspirations for years.  It would be an unstoppable offense.  KC getting Robinson at pick 31 would be disgusting. 

If Bijon Robinson is there at pick 27, the Bills need to draft him.  Don't even answer the phone.  Turn in the card.

If he ends up in Andy Reid's offense we're done.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Okay... explain to me why the Niners gave up all that capital and Jeff Wilson for CMC?? 

Why did they trade 3 first rounders to move up to get Trey Lance when they had a QB on roster who had taken them to a SB and when their system is designed to not need(or showcase) elite traits QB's?

The answer is that they don't value draft picks the same way that other teams do and the way logic suggests that they should.

Trading early picks for a $10M+ RB like San Francisco isn't going to make you draft and develop the way that the Niners have......that goes for players AND coaches(who then become comp picks).............which is why some of their early round draft pick lunacy hasn't burned them more.

Still........how would that team stack up in the AFC?   Elite QB's are their kryptonite and the fact that their system isn't designed to maximize the production of an elite QB is part of the problem when they meet up with them.    Similar problem the Eagles have. 

And fwiw we aren't talking about the Chiefs here.......Shanahan lost the 1 SB he was in as a head coach and was the OC of the biggest blown lead in SB history for the Falcons and his system has a bizarre history of getting QB's injured despite being a heavy run team.    They aren't a gold standard.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

This is where Beane screwed up the most in using three day two picks on RB's over the last four drafts. Yes, he missed on Cody Ford at guard, but I'm willing to bet had he used two more day two picks on o-line rather than RB over the last four years that at least one of them would have hit and would still be on the team.

Instead, he drafted three RB's. Two of which are no longer on the team. 

IMO, we should have drafted Singletary as we did and then drafted o-line rather than each of Moss and Cook. And this year we would be looking to draft Singletary's replacement. 

Should’ve never drafted that scrub Singletary either rather have taken Pollard in that draft . People don’t realize how much Singletary really sucks as a player he never took advantage of the lightest box in the league and when we needed a yd it felt like ten . The 2021 playoff game vs KC he was a big part of that loss not converting on a couple short yd plays . I’m glad he’s finally gone. 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

All I know is the the prospect of Andy Reid with Mahomes, Kelce, and Bijon Robinson would drive a stake through the heart of the Bills' Super Bowl aspirations for years.  It would be an unstoppable offense.  KC getting Robinson at pick 31 would be disgusting. 

If Bijon Robinson is there at pick 27, the Bills need to draft him.  Don't even answer the phone.  Turn in the card.

If he ends up in Andy Reid's offense we're done.

@BADOLBILZ gave me an eyeroll emoji for my post above.  No reason why I’m wrong, of course, just an eye roll.

Andy Reid, best offensive coach in the NFL

Mahomes top 2 QB in the NFL

Travis Kelce top TE in the NFL

2nd best O-line in the NFL

And then you add what is likely to be the top three down RB in the NFL to that offense?

The Chiefs offense would be a point scoring  juggernaut and Josh can stand on his head all game long and we’re not keeping up with them score for score.

Where am I wrong here?  What do the Bills add in this draft on offense to keep up with that?

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The undeniable fact that the Giants should not have drafted Barkley at 2 overall has little or nothing to do with whether or not they needed a QB.  (Of course they should have selected Josh Allen, but at the time, they were still committed to Eli.)  If the Giants weren't going to take a QB themselves, they should have traded out of the pick with a team that wanted one of the QBs (like the Colts did that year, picking up three second round picks from the Jests to move from 3 to 6).  Taking a RB at 2 overall is ALWAYS a mistake, not just when you need a QB.      

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

@BADOLBILZ gave me an eyeroll emoji for my post above.  No reason why I’m wrong, of course, just an eye roll.

Andy Reid, best offensive coach in the NFL

Mahomes top 2 QB in the NFL

Travis Kelce top TE in the NFL

2nd best O-line in the NFL

And then you add what is likely to be the top three down RB in the NFL to that offense?

The Chiefs offense would be a point scoring  juggernaut and Josh can stand on his head all game long and we’re not keeping up with them score for score.

Where am I wrong here?  What do the Bills add in this draft on offense to keep up with that?

I gave you an eyeroll because the same could have been said when they selected the then-spectacular Clyde Edwards Helaire.

We keep hearing that combining an elite RB with an elite QB is SOMEDAY going to lead to........apparently.........a RB who runs for 8 yards per carry........therefore not leading to less production per attempt than an elite QB throwing the ball on those plays.

And then that RB will also catches passes and produce just like a wide receiver so you aren't sacrificing throwing to said WR.

That's not how it works though.

The teams that have RB's that produce both a high volume of carries AND a high average per carry are the teams who are committed to running the football.

Light boxes sound tantalizing but teams that run the ball well consistently do it because that is their style of football.    Teams that don't have erratic results when they try to change their style.   Just too many mistakes can be made.

In today's NFL.......committing to run the football enough to feed a 20+ touch per game RB comes at the expense of your passing game.

It's just not the 1990's anymore where you need the run game to set up the pass.

Nowadays your elite QB can drop back and throw the ball 40+ times per game and dominate..........and maybe not even get sacked or turn the ball over..........and those yards per play are significantly higher than what you will get from ANY high use RB.    

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I gave you an eyeroll because the same could have been said when they selected the then-spectacular Clyde Edwards Helaire.

We keep hearing that combining an elite RB with an elite QB is SOMEDAY going to lead to........apparently.........a RB who runs for 8 yards per carry........therefore not leading to less production per attempt than an elite QB throwing the ball on those plays.

And then that RB will also catches passes and produce just like a wide receiver so you aren't sacrificing throwing to said WR.

That's not how it works though.

The teams that have RB's that produce both a high volume of carries AND a high average per carry are the teams who are committed to running the football.

Light boxes sound tantalizing but teams that run the ball well consistently do it because that is their style of football.    Teams that don't have erratic results when they try to change their style.   Just too many mistakes can be made.

In today's NFL.......committing to run the football enough to feed a 20+ touch per game RB comes at the expense of your passing game.

It's just not the 1990's anymore where you need the run game to set up the pass.

Nowadays your elite QB can drop back and throw the ball 40+ times per game and dominate..........and maybe not even get sacked or turn the ball over..........and those yards per play are significantly higher than what you will get from ANY high use RB.    

No one puts Bijon Robinson and Edwards-Helaire in the same sentence.  That’s comparing apples and toaster ovens.  

The Bills have an elite QB who does throw the ball 40 times a game and it’s obviously not been enough to win a championship.

Its easy to ignore the run game and drop everyone into coverage when there’s an average RB behind Allen or Mahomes.  Put Robinson back behind them and now you’ve gotta make a hard choice as a defense.  A smart QB, like Josh and Mahomes will audible every time to take advantage of the mismatch the defense gives them.

The Bills can field that advantage, or the Chiefs can field that advantage.  I know where I stand on that choice.

I hope the Texans draft him with one of their two first rounders and save us all from this and then the Bills can grab the two best O-linemen left on the board in the first two rounds.

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think Pacheco pretty much solidified that the Chiefs won’t take Bijan. 

But the Bengals might.  Or the Eagles.  

I’d be shocked if he made it to day 2.  

If the Derrick Henry rumors are true I think you can take Philly out of the mix.

I’m not real excited to see Robinson lining up behind Burrow either.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why did they trade 3 first rounders to move up to get Trey Lance when they had a QB on roster who had taken them to a SB and when their system is designed to not need(or showcase) elite traits QB's?

The answer is that they don't value draft picks the same way that other teams do and the way logic suggests that they should.

Or maybe in both circumstances they thought each move made their team better?? 

It seems to me that other teams that think they can win now are more into getting a known prospect than hoping/waiting on an unknown

Edited by Solomon Grundy

30 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

No one puts Bijon Robinson and Edwards-Helaire in the same sentence.  That’s comparing apples and toaster ovens.  

The Bills have an elite QB who does throw the ball 40 times a game and it’s obviously not been enough to win a championship.

Its easy to ignore the run game and drop everyone into coverage when there’s an average RB behind Allen or Mahomes.  Put Robinson back behind them and now you’ve gotta make a hard choice as a defense.  A smart QB, like Josh and Mahomes will audible every time to take advantage of the mismatch the defense gives them.

The Bills can field that advantage, or the Chiefs can field that advantage.  I know where I stand on that choice.

I hope the Texans draft him with one of their two first rounders and save us all from this and then the Bills can grab the two best O-linemen left on the board in the first two rounds.

Trading out Bijan Robinson for James Cook, which is what you'd be doing, would net the Bills precisely zero. 

23 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Oh I see.........because the other recent, generational, top 10 talent RB's like Saquon and McCaffrey and Fournette have all lived up to their pre-draft hype with HOF type careers in this "post RB" era of football.

You are a prisoner of the draft moment Inigo.

There hasn't been a RB to go in round 1 and live up to the hype since the 2007 draft.

Then 2010 happened..........the rules were changed so QB's could barely be touched in the pocket and WR's couldn't be hit over the middle.

The following season 7 QB's had top 25 all-time passing yardage seasons.

At this point the entire league is built exclusively around players who were developed in a style of game that was born in 2010..........including the old man Aaron Rodgers for whom(along with Roethlisberger) the rules changes were specifically designed to protect and empower.

Since then,  mother's and father's haven't been allowing their babies to grow up to play RB...........those special types now play positions that matter like WR or edge rusher or CB.

It's not a coincidence that there aren't any 1st round RB's out there stringing together dynamic 1,000 yard seasons like the last generation of Peterson and Lynch.

Those days are over.    

Your best RB's today are the backups of yesterday.    Saquon and McCaffrey and Fournette have all failed to be those types but you say Bijan is just that different. :rolleyes:   

Not likely.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Elam 10 times out of 10. It's irrelevant if Hall is a top 5 RB and Elam a bust. You have to draft the position that has more value. 

I really don't think any of your five points are all that true

I totally agree with us

You gotta understand the situation. We had literally no corners going into that draft we did not know for sure what was gonna happen with white, and there were serious concerns about DaneJackson.

Benford ended up being a find which is great, but you can’t count on that with a late round pick

Look at how much running backs are going for and look at how much corners cost if they’re good

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Malazan said:

A nugget that may or may not support this.. The last five Superbowls.. 9 of 10 teams had a running back that was drafted in the first 2 rounds (although it may not have been by them)

Some more data for that nugget. 18 teams that have drafted a RB in the first two rounds.  5 of those 18 teams subsequently made it to the Super Bowl.  Of the 14 teams that have not drafted a RB in the first two rounds, only Bengals and 49ers have made it to a Super Bowl. Looking at the Super Bowl teams during this timeframe, it's pretty obvious a top QB and top defense are the main ingredients.

2022 - Jets, Seahawks, Bills

2021 - Steelers, Jaguars, Broncos

2020 - Chiefs*, Lions, Colts, Rams*, Ravens, Packers

2019 - Raiders, Eagles*

2018 - Giants, Seahawks, Patriots*, Browns, Bucs*, Lions

8 hours ago, mannc said:

The undeniable fact that the Giants should not have drafted Barkley at 2 overall has little or nothing to do with whether or not they needed a QB.  (Of course they should have selected Josh Allen, but at the time, they were still committed to Eli.)  If the Giants weren't going to take a QB themselves, they should have traded out of the pick with a team that wanted one of the QBs (like the Colts did that year, picking up three second round picks from the Jests to move from 3 to 6).  Taking a RB at 2 overall is ALWAYS a mistake, not just when you need a QB.      

How about us we traded Mahomes for a CB I know we got a couple picks more out of that but KC won that trade by miles. 

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

How about us we traded Mahomes for a CB I know we got a couple picks more out of that but KC won that trade by miles. 

My guess is if Reid doesn't call us we pick Lattimore at #10.  Then we likely don't have the ammunition to trade up and get Allen.  They won the trade but saying they won the trade by miles would've been true if we didn't get Allen the following year.  Not to mention we hit on the 27th pick with T. White.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

My guess is if Reid doesn't call us we pick Lattimore at #10.  Then we likely don't have the ammunition to trade up and get Allen.  They won the trade but saying they won the trade by miles would've been true if we didn't get Allen the following year.  Not to mention we hit on the 27th pick with T. White.

I would trade Allen and Tre for Mahomes any day and twice on Sundays . I love Josh but he’s not on same planet as Mahomes . Plus Mahomes will most likely play 5/6 yrs more then Josh does this trade is far from over I my eyes . 

What in was referencing to was we choose to wait on a franchise QB and took corner instead it’s basically the same thing the Giants did with Barkley instead of Allen. 

• Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I would trade Allen and Tre for Mahomes any day and twice on Sundays . I love Josh but he’s not on same planet as Mahomes . Plus Mahomes will most likely play 5/6 yrs more then Josh does this trade is far from over I my eyes . 

What in was referencing to was we choose to wait on a franchise QB and took corner instead it’s basically the same thing the Giants did with Barkley instead of Allen. 

Now do JA with Travis Kelce as his TE.

21 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

You don't just take a QB Willy Nilly. It has to be the right time organizationally. The Bills just weren't there yet in the 2017 draft. Our GM wasn't even hired yet. You had a head coach that was basically calling all the draft shots that year. I totally understand why they were not in the market for a QB that draft. 

So your saying we didn’t possibly trade what could be the greatest QB of all time for a CB and a late first? 

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

You don't just take a QB Willy Nilly. It has to be the right time organizationally. The Bills just weren't there yet in the 2017 draft. Our GM wasn't even hired yet. You had a head coach that was basically calling all the draft shots that year. I totally understand why they were not in the market for a QB that draft. 

U buy that crap because I don’t. We got lucky with Josh because if we didn’t get him the organization would be in flames right now and every post here would be about us not taking Mahomes that year.  It’s always the right time to take a QB especially when u don’t have one. 

3 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

So your saying we didn’t possibly trade what could be the greatest QB of all time for a CB and a late first? 

U buy that crap because I don’t. We got lucky with Josh because if we didn’t get him the organization would be in flames right now and every post here would be about us not taking Mahomes that year.  It’s always the right time to take a QB especially when u don’t have one. 

I think it is important to have your GM select the QB. That is why we did not take one in 2017. And let's face it, Mahomes was not a can't miss QB prospect. He fell to  #10 for a reason. It's all 20/0 hindsight nonsense.  

Sure, we got lucky draft Allen the next year, but you can say that about any team that hits on a franchise QB including the Chiefs. They are hard to find. 

6 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Yes he has KELCE but we got way better Wrs 

Fair point, but not plural WR's, 1 WR.  To go with the GOAT TE (at worst #2), Mahomes also has the GOAT offensive HC.  He could have gotten Shanahan 1 like RG3 did and we would have never known.

Would be a fun one to debate another time, don't want to derail this thread!.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think it is important to have your GM select the QB. That is why we did not take one in 2017. And let's face it, Mahomes was not a can't miss QB prospect. He fell to  #10 for a reason. It's all 20/0 hindsight nonsense.  

Sure, we got lucky draft Allen the next year, but you can say that about any team that hits on a franchise QB including the Chiefs. They are hard to find. 

Believe it or not Mahomes was my favorite QB I ever scouted . I thought he was a no brainer pick and that wasn’t hindsight it was vision . I don’t work for any NFL team I scouted him from my computer. 😂 

3 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Fair point, but not plural WR's, 1 WR.  To go with the GOAT TE (at worst #2), Mahomes also has the GOAT offensive HC.  He could have gotten Shanahan 1 like RG3 did and we would have never known.

Would be a fun one to debate another time, don't want to derail this thread!.

Plural bud they don’t even have a Gabe Davis on there team. Don’t tell me MVS or the ghost of Juju either. 

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Believe it or not Mahomes was my favorite QB I ever scouted . I thought he was a no brainer pick and that wasn’t hindsight it was vision . I don’t work for any NFL team I scouted him from my computer. 😂 

Our opinions on QB's are meaningless to the NFL which obviously did not rate Mahomes as highly coming out. Believe it or not I was one of thousands that did not want to draft Josh Allen at any point in the draft. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.