Players you Absolutely Want the Bills to Draft

Warriorspikes51

10 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Both solid choices. Of the top 3 LBS, Trenton Simpson is the one I like best, though I hope they make a play for offensive help. Lots of folks griping about Addison, but I'd be happy if he fell to 27. I prefer Washington if you are trading up for TE, btw, but LaPorta is one of the top 4 and I'd be good with any of them.

I’m really ok with the top three LBs, as we may not be the top choosers but just think Campbell is limited to zone coverage. Sanders is interesting as a rusher, so could have some added value there. I think more aggression on D (per McD) means more man coverage.  Beane is not so great at disguising our top pick, so right now I’d be pretty surprised if it isn’t a LB. I guess could be WR and come back for a LB, but don’t really like the value.  Perhaps IOL in the 3rd and then whatever’s left. Will be interesting this year. Would be great year for a trade back but not really Beane’s MO. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, mannc said:

Matthew Bergeron (OL, Syracuse) would seem to be a really good fit for the Bills.  He tested well and has positional flexibility.  Only problem is that 27 seems too early and he probably won't be available at 59... 

Yea the most realistic way to get Bergeron is, I think a trade down from #27 into the later 30s maybe. @HappyDays has a theory about the Raiders maybe moving up for Hooker... not sure I totally buy it but if we play that scenario out then #38 for Bergeron is in his window I think. 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea the most realistic way to get Bergeron is, I think a trade down from #27 into the later 30s maybe. @HappyDays has a theory about the Raiders maybe moving up for Hooker... not sure I totally buy it but if we play that scenario out then #38 for Bergeron is in his window I think. 

With only 6 picks in a draft that lacks top end talent, I think the Bills will be listening to offers to trade back, unless by some miracle, their guy makes it to 27.  As you said, though, who’s going to want to trade up?  Raiders make a lot of sense.

Edited by mannc

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

With only 6 picks in a draft that lacks top end talent, I think the Bills will be listing to offers to trade back, unless by some miracle, their guy makes it to 27.  As you said, though, who’s going to want to trade up?  Raiders make a lot of sense.

If it was me (and the way I have done it in the countless sims I have run) unless someone I love has been there at #27 I've tried to trade back there (sometimes multiple times) and then trade up from #59 and end up with two guys between 35 and 50 and an additional (earlier) 3rd round pick. Then you move around the board again in rounds 3 and 4 to try and target specific high floor guys at some of the less premium positions (IOL or TE for example). This is a draft where if I was Beane I'd be constantly looking at trying to match value with need by moving around and target specific guys. It isn't a "let the draft come to you" year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

On 4/14/2023 at 2:03 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Post a few of your favorite players that you want the Bills to draft

Feel free to add why you want that specific player

Mine:  (I'll start with 1 and add to the list later) 

TE Darnell Washington

The first highlight I saw of this beast, he was hurdling defenders and that reminded me of Josh.  
I think he brings a lot of value immediately to this offense.  He can be used as an extra OT. He can maul defenders.  
His size makes him a matchup nightmare.  6'7 and 265. He's fast for his size and bulldozes through tackles.
He has 11 inch hands and his catch radius is insane. He will help Allen.
Instant Red Zone target. Toss it up. High Points the ball 
I watched interviews of him and in his own words, he views himself as humble. 

Only 21. Untapped potential.  Massive lean muscular frame.

5 Star recruit out of high school as the 10th overall player in the country. Was considered the No.1 athlete in the class.

Because he chose Georgia over some other schools that really needed a TE, he hasn't yet been utilized to dominate games

On O-strongly agree with you...

I am a big fan of creating mis-matches for Josh to exploit (and hopefully Dorsey to game plan to).  Washington is the biggest mismatch in the draft.  Its also the 34+ inch arm length.  He's a monster - adding to 3rd down sets and red-zone.  Plus he blocks like an OT.  He immediately upgrades pass protection, the run game and the red-zone in my mind.  1st Round

The other name I like is Elijah Higgins - 4.54 speed, 6'3" - 235 - plays wide out and his 35" vertical is better than Addison's....6th round

Finally, everyone's favorite - Mingo -- just an athletic and strength freak...3rd round

On D---Karl Brooks from Bowling Green-- 6' 3" 303 LB DT/DE- nimble, strong, multiple...preparing for no DT under contract next year = 2nd round 

Mekhi Garner - convert to Safety - strong, fast, tall, good in coverage - Garner, Bedford and retain Rapp become for the tri-safety combo in '24 4th round

Add Ivan Pace in the 5th to this and its your draft....

🙂

I'm not a college fan and no scouting expert but Cosell likes Mingo so I watched some tape.

I see a big guy (220 lb.) with better than average speed who can make contested catches and who bullies cornerbacks, either knocking them over or dragging them many yards after the catch. I'd be very happy with this guy in round 2.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I'm not a college fan and no scouting expert but Cosell likes Mingo so I watched some tape.

I see a big guy (220 lb.) with better than average speed who can make contested catches and who bullies cornerbacks, either knocking them over or dragging them many yards after the catch. I'd be very happy with this guy in round 2.

This is the guy who could replace Gabe. But we still need a WR2 as I consider Davis a WR3.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

+ his top end speed is elite. He clocked in at 22.1 mph on a 50 yard completion which is 99 percentile. He also has 10 3/8 inch hands

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is the guy who could replace Gabe. But we still need a WR2 as I consider Davis a WR3.  

Isn't the slot guy in our offense the number three guy? Also, IF Mingo pans out, his speed, weight combo suggests he can be dominant, or at least a number 2 — to me.

I think Gabe being a number 3 is more a result of Gabe's production than it is of his ideal role.

On 4/17/2023 at 7:45 AM, GunnerBill said:

It would be awesome to have a QB named Hooker playing in Vegas. 

On 4/17/2023 at 7:45 AM, GunnerBill said:

The thing about QBs is that if they pan out, you're absolutely happy you've taken them in the first round because of the fifth year option. In a weird way, if the Raiders really like Herndon, then moving up to get him in the late first is the smart play even if they're not competing for him. 

Trenton Simpson - just because he’d be fun to watch, dude can absolutely fly

Jonathan Mingo - love his tape, has size and excellent athleticism 

Jordan Addison - I think he goes well before the Bills pick but he’s a baller

Bijan - I get that RB in round 1 is wrong, but this guy makes it look easy out there. I also expect he’ll be gone early.

Sam Laporta - not big at TE but he’s a dog, thinking they wait and take Schoonmaker though 

On 4/15/2023 at 12:34 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Darnell Washington at #27, trade up to 45-50 and draft Hyatt. Kipers latest mock has Darnell Washington going at #40 and Hyatt going at #55.

That would be something coming away with Washington and Hyatt. I'm not sure I see us going Hyatt though because of the Harty signing. 

Not sure anyone is drafting Washington in the first due to medicals. Could have a Gronk-esque fall due to them.

Charlie Campbell

@DraftCampbell

·

Apr 24

Per team sources: - Eagles are calling about trading up from 10 in the 6-8 range for Jalen Carter - Eagles like Van Ness - Texans love Bijan - Sam LaPorta hurt by medical - Multiple teams medically flunked Darnell Washington & dropped him off their board

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.