New stadium cost goes up from $1.4 billion to $1.54 billion.

cba fan

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Not at the new stadium lol

We’re talking new stadium tickets And nobody’s giving them up for half of what they paid

And you can easily make a goodbuck on them… People make money on season tickets now

I'll be shocked if you can't find good tickets for "cheap" at kickoff, even with the new stadium. 

Too many brokers buy entire rows.

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

ticket prices, taxes, deficit, all going up…. But what do you care right? You are in So Cal not Buffalo, NY where the Bills play

You’re partly correct. It’s not that I don’t care it’s just that I know that the ship has sailed. As the guy in the bar says when Jack wins the poker game…With or without you “Titanic is going to America”! 😉

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I'll be shocked if you can't find good tickets for "cheap" at kickoff, even with the new stadium. 

Too many brokers buy entire rows.

Fwiw they are trying to eliminate that as well in the new stadium. Limiting who can buy tickets based on address. 

There’s obviously been a lot of talk on here about the cost of the Bills new stadium, and rightly so, but I thought it’d put things in an interesting perspective that the City of Inglewood just got the go ahead to construct a less than two-mile long overhead ‘people mover monorail’ to connect SoFi Stadium to the larger Metro train system. Cost of this new spur?….$1.5 Billion! (A third of it is coming from the State of California.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

There’s obviously been a lot of talk on here about the cost of the Bills new stadium, and rightly so, but I thought it’d put things in an interesting perspective that the City of Inglewood just got the go ahead to construct a less than two-mile long overhead ‘people mover monorail’ to connect SoFi Stadium to the larger Metro train system. Cost of this new spur?….$1.5 Billion! (A third of it is coming from the State of California.)

Holy crap.  Are they encrusting it with diamonds, or something?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

They also have my Los Angeles Clippers Arena going up there that as a Clippers fan going back to my Buffalo Braves fan days we finally are getting our own home. Los Angeles is so past New York City sports today even adding the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres it’s apples and oranges. New York State is corrupt and known for building crappy stadiums. The New York Islanders arena is terrible it literally looks like a horse racing facility because it’s on the grounds of Belmont Park. I will pick horse number four two dollars to win, place and show and would like a pair of New York Islanders vs Buffalo Sabres tickets ridiculous. By the new Buffalo Bills stadium designs released the stadium really doesn’t look much better than the New York Islanders Arena in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

They also have my Los Angeles Clippers Arena going up there that as a Clippers fan going back to my Buffalo Braves fan days we finally are getting our own home. Los Angeles is so past New York City sports today even adding the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres it’s apples and oranges. New York State is corrupt and known for building crappy stadiums. The New York Islanders arena is terrible it literally looks like a horse racing facility because it’s on the grounds of Belmont Park. I will pick horse number four two dollars to win, place and show and would like a pair of New York Islanders vs Buffalo Sabres tickets ridiculous. By the new Buffalo Bills stadium designs released the stadium really doesn’t look much better than the New York Islanders Arena in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I've been to UBS arena. The place is gorgeous. 

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The recent surge is Southern California sports arena construction is just that…recent. It wasn’t that many years ago when the Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Lakers, Kings and Clippers were all playing in very old facilities. USC and UCLA still are. These things tend to go in spurts. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

ticket prices, taxes, deficit, all going up…. But what do you care right? You are in So Cal not Buffalo, NY where the Bills play

Ticket prices went up in LA when SoFi stadium was completed, taxes ain’t cheap here either, etc.  it is what is.  
Unlike taxes you don’t have to pay for tickets.   If the stadium isn’t to your liking or the ticket prices aren’t to your liking don’t go to the games.  Easy solution.

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Holy crap.  Are they encrusting it with diamonds, or something?

Nope. I mentioned because many on here have no idea what it costs build things these days. We have local school construction bonds that regularly exceed $1 Billion…and that’s not for anything more than a single suburban school district. Yikes…right? 

3 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Ticket prices went up in LA when SoFi stadium was completed, taxes ain’t cheap here either, etc.  it is what is.  
Unlike taxes you don’t have to pay for tickets.   If the stadium isn’t to your liking or the ticket prices aren’t to your liking don’t go to the games.  Easy solution.

Thanks. And you obviously know it costs close to $100 just for a parking spot at SoFi. Wait until people see the increase in Orchard Park! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/10/2023 at 11:15 AM, SUNY_amherst said:

and he was right. It will be disastrous here

Highly unlikely, folk will pay, its part of the NFLs overall plan league wide to price out the “drunk rowdy” type of fans, did you notice that there are less available seats? Did you ask yourself why that is?  The NFL is not interested in you if you can’t afford tickets. Does this suck for some? Yes, yes it does, and the NFL doesn’t care. The days of cheap tickets to Buffalo Bills games are a thing of the past. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Highly unlikely, folk will pay, its part of the NFLs overall plan league wide to price out the “drunk rowdy” type of fans, did you notice that there are less available seats? Did you ask yourself why that is?  The NFL is not interested in you if you can’t afford tickets. Does this suck for some? Yes, yes it does, and the NFL doesn’t care. The days of cheap tickets to Buffalo Bills games are a thing of the past. 

I'll go one further.

Bills fans used to make fun of other stadiums where the stadium was filled with opposing fans.

That could now happen in Buffalo as Bills fans try sell their tickets to recoup the high cost of season tickets and PSLs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I'll go one further.

Bills fans used to make fun of other stadiums where the stadium was filled with opposing fans.

That could now happen in Buffalo as Bills fans try sell their tickets to recoup the high cost of season tickets and PSLs.

Wouldn’t surprise me, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.