Trump indicted. Commies celebrate. Pelosi: Trump has right to trial to prove innocence. Lol..

Or this list:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/capitalist-countries

Singapore (Freedom score: 89.7)

New Zealand (83.9)

Australia (82.4)

Switzerland (81.9)

Ireland (81.4)

Taiwan (78.6)

United Kingdom (78.4)

Estonia (78.2)

Canada (77.9)

Denmark (77.8)

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I think what you don't seem to understand is most liberals won't care if Hillary, Biden and his entire family get indicted. They don't see these people as a God the way this MAGA cult sees Trump. 

I think if that many on the right would agree with you and say the same thing about politicians on the right (including Trump) if it were Biden getting indicted.  It's easy to make your statement when yours isn't the only one getting indicted. Personally, I think it's fully politically motivated, but I am ok if it takes Trump off of the chess board. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Clear and sunny here today. I’m guessing we’re done with the rainy season going forward. If it’s like most years it won’t rain again here in Southern California until sometime this coming October. (That’s always hard for WNYers to wrap their heads around.) But for now it looks like Ireland around here. Everything is super green. 

Last year I visited the SF area (where I lived for 19 years) in February. Two days before I left it rained  for about 30 minutes around Elk Grove (near Sacramento). That was the first time it had rained for 40 days.

The first winter I was there I said "It doesn't feel like Christmas. There's no snow and everything is green.  Someone who grew top there said "That's what Christmas is like." The green hills turn brown by May and stay that way and very dry until October.

Edited by Wacka

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is nothing to celebrate on ANY level. 

wrong. one can easily celebrate the fact that no one is above the law and that ex presidents are not Kings while also thinking this is a sad day that the orange traitor brought us to this point. 

he cheated to win the presidency in 2016. and the hush money to Daniels and McDougal was one aspect of that cheating. I won't mention the "R" word because your ecosystem of news consumption over the past 6 years has done a nice job of convincing the MAGAt's that there was no collusion (lolz)

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Last year I visited the SF area (where I lived for 19 years) in February. Two days before I left it rained  for about 30 minutes around Elk Grove (near Sacramento). That was the first time it had rained for 40 days.

The first winterI was there I said "It doesn't fell like Christmas. There's no snow and everything is green.  Someone who grew top there said "That's what Christmas is like. " IThe green hills turn brown by May and stay that way and very dry until October.

Exactly! Growing up in WNY everyone stayed up late just to watch the weather on television. If you did that here they’d have you committed. 😉

The place has turned into a dump over the last many years but the weather is wonderful! 

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Hype

But yea yea fake partisan indictments will stop MAGA - for all of the whatever made up horrors it stands for.  

Like 2 genders.  

MAGA stands for hopelessly outdated populism, isolationism, and the ideal America that never existed except in the minds of lonely old people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

MAGA stands for hopelessly outdated populism, isolationism, and the ideal America that never existed except in the minds of lonely old people. 

You forgot the part about white supremacy. That’s always good to throw in there. 

40 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

wrong. one can easily celebrate the fact that no one is above the law and that ex presidents are not Kings while also thinking this is a sad day that the orange traitor brought us to this point. 

he cheated to win the presidency in 2016. and the hush money to Daniels and McDougal was one aspect of that cheating. I won't mention the "R" word because your ecosystem of news consumption over the past 6 years has done a nice job of convincing the MAGAt's that there was no collusion (lolz)

Yeah, that pee tape...

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You forgot the part about white supremacy. That’s always good to throw in there. 

No, just a desire for small town idealism that is incomparable with a 21st century global economy 

48 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Hype

But yea yea fake partisan indictments will stop MAGA - for all of the whatever made up horrors it stands for.  

Like 2 genders.  

Does anybody else get the feeling that the majority of that speech was stolen from somewhere else?

13 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, just a desire for small town idealism that is incomparable with a 21st century global economy 

This could be the greatest episode of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" ever.

16 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yes it’s way easier to resign yourself to being a second world country than to fight to remain in the first world. 

33 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yeah that about just it on the head.  There’s parts of it that have merit.  Somebody had to do something about China.  Our trade deals do suck. And I get (to a very limited extent) people in flyover country complaining about foreign aid when we don’t have, for example, clean drinking water in Flint. 

But the victimization,  jingoism, backwardness with respect to women and the environment, dog whistle racism, and wistfulness for a foreign policy of the 1930s just misses the mark.  This country is rich in part because we exploit overseas labor.  It’s the truth.  And these dopes here who frittered away their youth drinking and smoking and indulging now pine for the days of manufacturing jobs and coal-based energy.  It’s over, and they don’t get it.  And those are our “victimized” MAGA republicans who whine and blame everyone but themselves for their predicaments in  life.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Yeah that about just it on the head.  There’s parts of it that have merit.  Somebody had to do something about China.  Our trade deals do suck. And I get (to a very limited extent) people in flyover country complaining about foreign aid when we don’t have, for example, clean drinking water in Flint. 

But the victimization,  jingoism, backwardness with respect to women and the environment, dog whistle racism, and wistfulness for a foreign policy of the 1930s just misses the mark.  This country is rich in part because we exploit overseas labor.  It’s the truth.  And these dopes here who frittered away their youth drinking and smoking and indulging now pine for the days of manufacturing jobs and coal-based energy.  It’s over, and they don’t get it.  And those are our “victimized” MAGA republicans who whine and blame everyone but themselves for their predicaments in  life.  

Respect to woman?  That's funny. The Democrats and their social justice crowd can't even define what a woman is and think men menstruate.  I've asked, show me one biological man that bleeds from "his" privates every 28 days but nobody as of yet has found the guy.  I'm not saying you buy into that insanity, but you got to admit it's crazy and delusional thinking.  How can you trust the judgment of people running things if they believe crap like that? 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/sites/default/files/economic-freedom-of-the-world-2020.pdf

1. Hong Kong (China)

2. Singapore

3. New Zealand

4. Switzerland

5. Australia

6. United States

7. Mauritius

8. Georgia

9. Canada

10. Ireland

great.  Now do a survey with less arbitrary conditions that isn't a conservative , libertarian think tank:

"The Fraser Institute is a libertarian-conservative Canadian public policy think tank and registered charity. The institute describes itself as independent and non-partisan. It is headquartered in Vancouver, with additional offices in Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal. Wikipedia"

subjective criteria to name a few:

Government consumption B. Transfers and subsidies
C. Government investment

2. Legal System and Property Rights1

A. Judicial independence
B. Impartial courts
C. Protection of property rights
D. Military interference in rule of law and politics

3. Sound Money

A. Money growth
B. Standard deviation of inflation

4. Freedom to Trade Internationally

A. Tariffs
(i) Revenue from trade taxes (% of trade sector)

(ii) Mean tariff rate
(iii) Standard deviation of tariff rates

B. Regulatory trade barriers (i) Non-tariff trade barriers

(ii) Compliance costs of importing and exporting

5. Regulation

A. Credit market regulations (i) Ownership of banks (ii) Private sector credit

(iii) Interest rate controls / negative real interest rates

B. Labor market regulations
(i) Hiring regulations and minimum wage

(ii) Hiring and firing regulations
(iii) Centralized collective bargaining (iv) Hours regulations

D. Top marginal tax rate
(i) Top marginal income tax rate

(ii) Top marginal income and payroll tax rate

Still, being 6th in the world is a pretty high rating for a country that isn't capitalistic even under this flawed rating system

Edited by redtail hawk

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

If prosecutors are able to prove that Joe Biden knew about Hunter's business influence peddling?  More of @ChiGoose hand waving nonsense.

We only had their business partner say multiple times when interviewed that he was present with Hunter and Joe in meetings where these things were discussed.  Also stated that he is more than willing to talk to the FBI and tell them what he knows.  Never mind that no one wants to ask who the "big guy" is in those emails who is to get 10%. 

Has the FBI called Hunter and Joe's business partner Tony Bobulinski to ask him if he has evidence to support the claim? 

Nyet. 

https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/04/ex-biden-biz-partner-bobulinski-lead-fbi-agent-on-hunter-probe-promised-to-get-the-dirt-from-me-but-didnt/

What a good simp! 

• Like (+1) 1