If the draft we're today...

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So that’s the plan? This’ll be interesting for sure. Have we seen anything that would show he’s ready to assume that role? I’m game if you are! 👍

I don't think we have seen anything either way. He's barely played right? I think Dodson is the fall back, and I think Beane and McDermott are content with that. But the plan is likely for Bernard to take over either midseason or even start the season if things go well over camp and pre-season. 

I love Jack Campbell's highlights. And his size and measurables look pretty good. But my gut is that they do not draft a LB within the first two rounds. 

9 hours ago, Airseven said:

The Edwards signing boosts the IOL so, for better or worse, I think they're about done there.

R1 - LB/OT

R2 - OT/LB

R3 - WR/DL

R4 - DL/WR

R5 - S/TE

R6 - TE/S

A safety is in the cards to replace Hyde after next year, or Poyer the year after that.  Take it to the bank.

8 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Wrong. They do have one. They drafted bernard last year with a day 2 pick as insurance in losing edmunds. They need to develop him and make it work. Can’t keep dumping into the d and ignoring the offense with premium picks. 

Bernard is not a guy that can play the middle in the McD defense.  He lacks both the speed and length to do the things that this defensive scheme requires.  If he was remotely capable of playing the position, Kline would not have been brought back last season.  If you doubt this, go back and watch Bernard's performance replacing Edmunds.  He was pathetic.  Beane and McD saw this and they will take steps to protect the most important position on the defense.

10 hours ago, mrags said:

If they go after Flowers, Addison, or Downs I’m going to throw up 

I suppose I could find things to like about Flowers.  Addison is going to be limited to the slot in the pros, and I don't think that's where Buffalo's need lies.  Same thing with Josh Downs.  Both Downs and Addison ran much slower than expected at the combine.  There is no "Harrison" among the top 10 receivers in the draft.  It's possible that Johnston or Jaxon Smith-Njigba will drop, but it would be a huge surprise.  If the Bills think Nolan Smith can play MLBand he happens to drop, I suppose he could be the pick.  Drew Sanders should be available if the Bills like him that high and think he's sturdy enough to play in the middle.  I think Jack Campbell is a reach there.  I think the Bills could possible take a tackle at #27, but I think the only ones that are defensible values at that point are Anton Harrison (maybe the OP was thinking of him) and possibly Darnell Wright.  I don't think Dawand Jones is a good fit.  Otherwise, I could see Buffalo taking a tight end at #27.  It's not strictly a need, but they sure could use some competition for Quiton Morris, who is the #2 at this point.  Darnell Washington is a compelling possibility.  He has great size and athleticism and can block as well.  That would give Buffalo a very dangerous tandem at TE. when the line up with two tight ends.

6 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I suppose I could find things to like about Flowers.  Addison is going to be limited to the slot in the pros, and I don't think that's where Buffalo's need lies.  Same thing with Josh Downs.  Both Downs and Addison ran much slower than expected at the combine.  There is no "Harrison" among the top 10 receivers in the draft.  It's possible that Johnston or Jaxon Smith-Njigba will drop, but it would be a huge surprise.  If the Bills think Nolan Smith can play MLBand he happens to drop, I suppose he could be the pick.  Drew Sanders should be available if the Bills like him that high and think he's sturdy enough to play in the middle.  I think Jack Campbell is a reach there.  I think the Bills could possible take a tackle at #27, but I think the only ones that are defensible values at that point are Anton Harrison (maybe the OP was thinking of him) and possibly Darnell Wright.  I don't think Dawand Jones is a good fit.  Otherwise, I could see Buffalo taking a tight end at #27.  It's not strictly a need, but they sure could use some competition for Quiton Morris, who is the #2 at this point.  Darnell Washington is a compelling possibility.  He has great size and athleticism and can block as well.  That would give Buffalo a very dangerous tandem at TE. when the line up with two tight ends.

In the first the only WRs I like are Johnston and JSN. And I’m not 100% in JSN either but I’d take it at 27. But let’s be honest, he’s not dropping that far. No other WRs in the first please. Wait until RD 2 or 3 for a WR. Tillman in the 3rd, or Palmer, AT Perry, Ford-Weaton. 

id trade down for extra picks and try and take Washington in the early to mod 2nd. Unless his draft stock has raised that much. Wouldn’t be surprised if it has. 

id wait until the 4th or later and go with Sewell at MLB. I think his size and  playstyle is what we need. A bigger(I know not as tall) more stout, and aggressive Edmunds. Seems to be more immovable and plays with fire. 

So I’d trade down hopefully to get some extra picks in the late 2nd or 3rd. Take Washington in the 30-40 range. Then take Bergeron, Jones, Wright or Mauch with pick 59. Then work the extra pick I acquired I’d go with Tillman, AT Perry, Rice. Then with the other 3rd rounder I’d take Ika or Benton or Sewel if available.

After that I’d be trying for any combination of the following players.

Coburn(DT), Rochon Johnson/Kendre Miller(RB), Palmer(WR), Ford-Weaton(WR), Brown/Johnson/Torrence/Hill(S), Scruggs/Patterson/Ekiyor Jr./Vorhees(IOL), Clark(DT). 

13 hours ago, mrags said:

I don’t want them period. If one of them somehow fell to the 2nd round then I guess I’d do it. But absolutely not in the 1st round. I’m not a fan of any of them for our current needs. We need a #1. Not another small WR. They don’t fit what we need imo. 

I don't think there is a #1 in this draft. 

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think there is a #1 in this draft. 

The last draft that didn't produce a #1 WR in the NFL was arguably 2009 and definitely 2002.  Granted, they all came in different rounds.  Odds are there is a #1 WR out there but finding him may be tricky.  That's what Beane an his scouts get paid to do.

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The last draft that didn't produce a #1 WR in the NFL was arguably 2009 and definitely 2002.  Granted, they all came in different rounds.  Odds are there is a #1 WR out there but finding him may be tricky.  That's what Beane an his scouts get paid to do.

Sure there might be a Stefon Diggs lurking in round 5 that is unheralded. But this is like that 2015 draft to me except there isn't an Amari Cooper level player here. There are lots of guys who are like the receivers taken after him. Between Amari and Stef the only guy who has even managed to be a good #2 is Tyler Lockett. 

If the draft were today I’m pretty sure the Bills would be locked into taking a MLB in round 1. Just like they were locked into taking a CB last year and a DE the year before. So, yeah, Bobby Wagner would be an important signing.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

If the draft were today I’m pretty sure the Bills would be locked into taking a MLB in round 1. Just like they were locked into taking a CB last year and a DE the year before. So, yeah, Bobby Wagner would be an important signing.

Signing Bobby Wagner is not worth losing a 3rd round pick in next year's draft IMO. If he is still on the market when the dust settles in May, by all means go and sign him.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve seen so many lists like this. It’s impossible for me to believe that as things stand right now their biggest hole isn’t at MLB. They literally don’t have one. This isn’t to say that it’ll be the top draft pick or a free agent pick up…but as of this minute they are NOT going into the new season with what they have in the proverbial stock room. 

We experienced this same song and dance last year on the board. Everybody wanted an RT or a guard like Zion Johnson or safety or Breece Hall, and there was this glaring hole at the corner spot with Tre being hurt and Dane being Dane, the one position that Beane completely ignored in UFA and people were convinced that they may go another direction, and it was so obvious they were drafting a corner. History is repeating itself here with the Mike position. Tyrel Dodson? Yeah ok, sure. 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Signing Bobby Wagner is not worth losing a 3rd round pick in next year's draft IMO. If he is still on the market when the dust settles in May, by all means go and sign him.

He was released though no? He wouldn't count. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I swear I heard on Locked on Bills that we were even on FAs and weren’t set to get any comp picks for this FA period. But you are correct, OTC has us getting a third for Edmunds right now. That is a consideration and explains why the Bills haven’t signed him yet. In that case my preferred option would be to see if Wagner would agree to a deal to be officially signed the week after the draft. If not, I’d still sign a non-qualifying FA MLB to preserve that comp pick but give some draft flexibility. 

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I swear I heard on Locked on Bills that we were even on FAs and weren’t set to get any comp picks for this FA period. But you are correct, OTC has us getting a third for Edmunds right now. That is a consideration and explains why the Bills haven’t signed him yet. In that case my preferred option would be to see if Wagner would agree to a deal to be officially signed the week after the draft. If not, I’d still sign a non-qualifying FA MLB to preserve that comp pick but give some draft flexibility. 

I think it's funny when I listen to these experts and podcasts and they get things all wrong. Like I was listening to the Buffalo Rumblings guys and they couldn't remember if Jerry Juedy was a first-round pick...really? Then they called him a 1-year rental, which is also incorrect...he has a 5th-year option in 2024.

It is my understanding that the Rams released Bobby Wagner and he, therefore, has nothing to do with the comp pick formula. They can sign him at any time. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.