Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Putting on my GM hat, if we have 11.5M currently, that accounts for about 9M of it.  

I’d probably be trying to work with Hyde and Jones with extensions that could free up another 3-4M this year. 

Would give us enough money for one more impact signing/trade and then it will be fill-out-the-roster time. 

Still hoping for an Ed Oliver trade so we can really make some moves, but not getting my hopes up. 

Ed Oliver is the key. But they have time to figure that all out. They can do what they want now and figure out extensions and what to do with Oliver later.

31 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Wagner or draft Jack Campbell

Wagner will be too expensive. 
I’ve always liked Drue Tranqeull’s game dating back to his days at ND. 
Drew Sanders is a guy who is a lot like Edmunds coming out.  Tall, lanky and very good speed.  5 star kid coming out got stuck outside behind Anderson at Bama, transfers to Arky and moves inside.  All Sec and some AA teams. True Junior so he’s young. 

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Putting on my GM hat, if we have 11.5M currently, that accounts for about 9M of it.  

I’d probably be trying to work with Hyde and Jones with extensions that could free up another 3-4M this year. 

Would give us enough money for one more impact signing/trade and then it will be fill-out-the-roster time. 

Still hoping for an Ed Oliver trade so we can really make some moves, but not getting my hopes up. 

Beane was asked about Edmunds, not bring able to resign (draft/develop/extend).

And he brought up both Gabe and Ed as guys they'd like to keep around past rookie deal.

Beane usually doesn't bring up players unprovoked, then follow that up with a lie.

I'm expecting Oliver sticks around.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Drew Sanders is a guy who is a lot like Edmunds coming out.  Tall, lanky and very good speed.  5 star kid coming out got stuck outside behind Anderson at Bama, transfers to Arky and moves inside.  All Sec and some AA teams. True Junior so he’s young. 

What’s too expensive?

4 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

I think 6-8 mil gets Wagner in here.  Worth it, especially if we plan on drafting a non-day 1 started at MLB

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, finn said:

I think you're right that Mahomes' receiving corps weren't elite, but neither was Allen's. If you grant that Diggs and Kelsey are equivalent, who had the better receivers? At best it's a wash, but I would give Mahomes the edge. Plus, as you say, he had one of the best lines in the league and Allen the worst. So I can't agree with what has become the consensus view that Mahomes is better. Put him behind Allen's line and give him Dorsey calling his plays instead of Reid and we'll see who's better. 

That's when the "specials elite" player comes out. like said, Burrow weet to a SB with a bad line (not to say they shouldn't upgrade at their OL if it

s truly a problem), crap the eagles when into the SB running a damn high school offense, Brady documented had an average receivers in his SB runs with the pats....and a lot of what Mahomes does is because of the player he is. yea Reid helps here and there but Mahomes executes that is not saying Allen does not, and Allen has on many occasions showed it's Allen on this team and everyone else..but can't keep blaming coaches when it doesnt work for you. Elite players over come that most time.. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

Yeah once Epps and those other safeties were taking deals in the 2/12 range, I was saying Jordan was going to get something in the range of 6-8 per for 2-3 years. I was told I was wrong because he was "so much better," but it made sense to me at the time, so here we are. Did I think it would be with us? No, I did not. End of the day, that's fair market value, and to me, that is all you can ask for from a player/team perspective. It works for all parties. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

Just posted this in the Poyer thread, for all the capologists out there

Sal just posted this...

Jordan Poyer's deal with Bills:

Signing bonus: $4M

Base salaries: 2023: $2.240M (fully gtd)

2024: $4.740M (fully gtd 5th day of league yr)

+ $510K roster bonus ($30K/game)

+ $250K workout bonus each year

Total guarantees: $4.5M

This is about what I thought for him to come back....I am pretty surprised.  Seems he likely had better offers...

Edited by JoeF

38 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think 6-8 mil gets Wagner in here.  Worth it, especially if we plan on drafting a non-day 1 started at MLB

We have 9 mil according to Beane.  That is for draft picks and FA rookies (3.5 last year). That also doesn’t include any spring/summer/fall FAs.  
I don’t know how we can afford that unless you want to keep restructuring and kicking the can down the road.  Like Beane said, eventually you’ll have to pay.  I don’t think Wagner, who is very good, is worth it. We still need a verteran RB too and a guy like Tranquil would come cheaper and he’s young

Just now, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

We have 9 mil according to Beane.  That is for draft picks and FA rookies (3.5 last year). That also doesn’t include any spring/summer/fall FAs.  
I don’t know how we can afford that unless you want to keep restructuring and kicking the can down the road.  Like Beane said, eventually you’ll have to pay.  I don’t think Wagner, who is very good, is worth it. We still need a verteran RB too and a guy like Tranquil would come cheaper and he’s young

we have more like 11.3 now.  & can create up to another 20 or so if we want

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

we have more like 11.3 now.  & can create up to another 20 or so if we want

Hearing Beane speak yesterday about eventually having to pay, I don’t think he restructures any other contracts unless it’s for a big

ticket item.  I just don’t think MLB move the needle that much for this team. OL and WR yes.  JMO

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Hearing Beane speak yesterday about eventually having to pay, I don’t think he restructures any other contracts unless it’s for a big

ticket item.  I just don’t think MLB move the needle that much for this team. OL and WR yes.  JMO

You’re right, unless they play special teams exclusively, then let’s break’em off. I’m sorry it’s just frustrating! Especially since kickoffs can be kicked out of the end zone now. 

Edited by 0017
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.