Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

10 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Haha. Good point. So lll be as literal as I can be since the internet doesn't like when people post using language that one would speak if they were talking with a friend. Last year there was a Big problem in the Bills defense. That problem was that the middle of the field was exposed (is it ok to say) very often. So perhaps this year having a less than desirable replacement for Edmonds might hurt the Bills even more, given that many believe Edmonds to be an elite athlete. 

Yeah I get ya. I just, dont want it to turn into a Tremaine bashing post, but all I heard was that he took away the middle of the field. But he didn’t. At all. Ever. He was terrible at that. And just because he is tall or whatever doesn’t mean he did those things. Maybe we can get Dikembe Mutumbo to stand at Mike y’know. And I am being half facetious, and half kinda factual. 

So I think there could be some dropoff in play there, but with Hyde back and hopefully a better pass rush, we don’t get exposed in that area. 

Just now, Draconator said:

Did I miss something on Bernard last year on how a 3rd round pick gets so much hate? We didn't see that much from him. I say plug him in and give him a shot. He could surprise a lot of people. 

I vaguely remember something about him or maybe the other LBer pick not meeting expectations in preseason or something but I'm not sure.

WR...MLB...RB...

I am just amazed that we have not at least added a starter at one of the positions above through free agency.  Extremely frustrating.

Whatever/whoever we are counting on getting in the draft, that plan better work out, because this could get ugly fast.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I thought #27 would be OL but now it may MLB.

Chiefs signed LB Drue Tranquill, formerly of the Chargers, to a one-year contract.

Tranquill was a part-time player for the Chargers for three years but stepped into a larger role for the 2022 season. He started all but one game for LA last year and his numbers exploded. He led the Chargers in tackles while totaling five sacks plus 10 TFLs. He also forced a fumble and picked off one pass. Pro Football Focus graded Tranquill as one of the league's best inside linebackers in pass-rush and coverage situations. He should slot into a starting role for Kansas City in 2023.

maybe we will be getting this level of productivity out of one of our former backups this year. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I vaguely remember something about him or maybe the other LBer pick not meeting expectations in preseason or something but I'm not sure.

He will have a full year under his belt. We could see a whole lot of improvement. Championships are not won in the pre-season unless you're the Dolphins.

Tranquill and Mike Edwards were typical good signings by Veach - low-cost young vets who can be plugged into Spags’ multiple defense and add immediate value.  It is no coincidence that the two teams ahead of the Bills in the AFC have flexible defensive strategies and have succeeded in filling value holes in free agency.  The Bills run a rigid defense requiring great safety play and specific types of players, and they have SUCKED at finding value in free agency under Beane, forcing them to chase in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Chiefs signed LB Drue Tranquill, formerly of the Chargers, to a one-year contract.

Tranquill was a part-time player for the Chargers for three years but stepped into a larger role for the 2022 season. He started all but one game for LA last year and his numbers exploded. He led the Chargers in tackles while totaling five sacks plus 10 TFLs. He also forced a fumble and picked off one pass. Pro Football Focus graded Tranquill as one of the league's best inside linebackers in pass-rush and coverage situations. He should slot into a starting role for Kansas City in 2023.

maybe we will be getting this level of productivity out of one of our former backups this year. 

Bolton and Tranquill is a sweet combo for them. 

2 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

WR...MLB...RB...

I am just amazed that we have not at least added a starter at one of the positions above through free agency.  Extremely frustrating.

Whatever/whoever we are counting on getting in the draft, that plan better work out, because this could get ugly fast.

Especially with so many good lbs and rbs signing to cheaper deals than expected.  Surely I thought we would have at least 1.  The only 3 new signings are totally underwhelming except for maybe Allen

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

He will have a full year under his belt. We could see a whole lot of improvement. Championships are not won in the pre-season unless you're the Dolphins.

That's fair, that's just what I recall the negative sentiment to seeming to be coming from.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Can’t help but wonder if the “Bernard has no value” crowd are the same ones that wanted to cut Tyler Bass after his 0-2 start. 

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I get ya. I just, dont want it to turn into a Tremaine bashing post, but all I heard was that he took away the middle of the field. But he didn’t. At all. Ever. He was terrible at that. And just because he is tall or whatever doesn’t mean he did those things. Maybe we can get Dikembe Mutumbo to stand at Mike y’know. And I am being half facetious, and half kinda factual. 

So I think there could be some dropoff in play there, but with Hyde back and hopefully a better pass rush, we don’t get exposed in that area. 

No problem. My bad getting salty. I actually liked Edmond a fair amount. I feel like it was a scheme issue more than a player issue. I see Bernard as a guy that if im Not not mistaken was a healthy scratch at times when Edmonds was out. Dodson, I have some faith in but I'm not sold long term. What are your thoughts on drafting as opposed to grabbing a FA?  

• Like (+1) 1

As it stands right now it’s pretty much a run it back offseason minus Tremaine Edmunds.

Harty is a little more polished route runner than McKenzie and McGovern a better pass protector Saffold.

I would like to see a veteran pass rusher, DT, and WR added before the draft. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Who have our division foes lost??? 

off the top of my head...

CINCY - Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell, Hayden Hurst , Samaje Perine  and the LT wants to be traded

KC - lost both starting OT & one WR

oh..u said division

Edited by papazoid
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.