Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

23 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Hearing Beane speak yesterday about eventually having to pay, I don’t think he restructures any other contracts unless it’s for a big

ticket item.  I just don’t think MLB move the needle that much for this team. OL and WR yes.  JMO

Agree, Beane also said cap casualties (McKenzie) and going to rework Dane Jackson's tender.

Spotrac just moved Dane off the tender, so I think that is happening.

Spotrac with $16.8M less Kyle Allen and the new lower Jackson contract.

He's got enough space to make a couple of mid-level moves without any big restructures.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ed is the new whipping boy!!   It'd be nice if he showed up for more than 3 games per season.  When he's on, he is very good. 

It's a contract year, right?

I'd love to see him have the kind of breakout year Edmunds had.  Then he can go off & test FA.  But if we can get Oliver's best (which is really good) for a season, it increases our chances for a title.

1 minute ago, Success said:

It's a contract year, right?

I'd love to see him have the kind of breakout year Edmunds had.  Then he can go off & test FA.  But if we can get Oliver's best (which is really good) for a season, it increases our chances for a title.

I don't expect him to....the DT $$$ has gone way up. Someone might see value in having him at 10 mil this year.  Trade him for best offer

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ed is the new whipping boy!!   It'd be nice if he showed up for more than 3 games per season.  When he's on, he is very good. 

He seems to dominate backups and no shows against better opponents.  His problem is his draft slot and the fact that 6 of 8 DL taken in the first round of that draft have made pro bowls.  Beane should hire a OL/DL consultant to assist in his drafts 

7 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

He seems to dominate backups and no shows against better opponents.  His problem is his draft slot and the fact that 6 of 8 DL taken in the first round of that draft have made pro bowls.  Beane should hire a OL/DL consultant to assist in his drafts 

I remember Ed's draft year, Kiper had him rated as one of the top players. He played for Houston & the competition wasn't that great, that's why I like players from the power conferences, especially in the early rounds of the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

I remember Ed's draft year, Kiper had him rated as one of the top players. He played for Houston & the competition wasn't that great, that's why I like players from the power conferences, especially in the early rounds of the draft.

it was a clear example of the media, Kiper, and others finding their hero and propping him up.

the dude will have a 10-12 year career in the nfl but never live up to the hype they gave him, sadly.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We are dangerously close to having Bernard as our starting MLB this year. Please figure something out. I don't want them to be desperate on draft weekend.

The middle of the field was wide open with Edmonds there. Bernard is going to get destroyed in this defense. 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We are dangerously close to having Bernard as our starting MLB this year. Please figure something out. I don't want them to be desperate on draft weekend.

I thought #27 would be OL but now it may MLB.

3 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

The middle of the field was wide open with Edmonds there. Bernard is going to get destroyed in this defense. 

With the way Miami uses the middle of the field too, they destroyed the middle of our defense all year last year. Hopefully we have a plan to slow that down, and it isn’t just next “man up”!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 0017 said:

With the way Miami uses the middle of the field too, they destroyed the middle of our defense all year last year. Hopefully we have a plan to slow that down, and it isn’t just next “man up”!! 

I agree sometime next man is a huge drop off. This being one of those times. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.