Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We are dangerously close to having Bernard as our starting MLB this year. Please figure something out. I don't want them to be desperate on draft weekend.

Spector and Dodson. Those are our options right now. Bernard is not the guy. Before we drafted Edmunds, we were headed into that year with Julian Stanford and Deon Lacey because we let Preston Brown walk. Fans really need to stop geeking out. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, 0017 said:

With the way Miami uses the middle of the field too, they destroyed the middle of our defense all year last year. Hopefully we have a plan to slow that down, and it isn’t just next “man up”!! 

They did that with Edmunds playing so not sure how it could be worse.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So wait, the middle of the field was open last year? And this year it will be worse? This is all very confusing. 

Obviously they were not interested in Tranquill. 

Beat me to it.

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Spector and Dodson. Those are our options right now. Bernard is not the guy. Before we drafted Edmunds, we were headed into that year with Julian Stanford and Deon Lacey because we let Preston Brown walk. Fans really need to stop geeking out. 

They used Bernard as the 2nd team MLB in pre-season last year. When Edmunds missed time in season they seemed to have multiple plans, none of them all that good. But I don't discount them seeing Bernard as an option. I don't myself, but they might.

I'm pretty sure Beane is OK with Milano being the new MLB if they don't get Jack Campbell, otherwise he'd be making a panic move. There are a lot more options to backfill Milano's WLB spot in both FA & the draft than there are Tampa-2 MLBs.

1 minute ago, 947 said:

I'm pretty sure Beane is OK with Milano being the new MLB if they don't get Jack Campbell, otherwise he'd be making a panic move. There are a lot more options to backfill Milano's WLB spot in both FA & the draft than there are Tampa-2 MLBs.

He hasn’t said anything of the sort.  But maybe.  

fA started 3 days ago-  he wouldn’t be panicking.  Only fans are panicking 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

Why take an All Pro at one position and move him for a position he’s not really suited? 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

They used Bernard as the 2nd team MLB in pre-season last year. When Edmunds missed time in season they seemed to have multiple plans, none of them all that good. But I don't discount them seeing Bernard as an option. I don't myself, but they might.

Bernard got some burn in the Jets game we lost when Edmunds went out. The week after it was Dodson. The week after that it was Klein. Edmunds returned the game on 12/1 against NE. Unless he's been taking the Brian Cushing "nutritional" pack, I doubt they are plugging 224lb Bernard in at MLB. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

In 2018 we weren't in our Super Bowl window. No way we can go into this draft desperate for a MLB. If the board doesn't fall the right way, we're screwed.

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Bernard got some burn in the Jets game we lost when Edmunds went out. The week after it was Dodson. The week after that it was Klein. Edmunds returned the game on 12/1 against NE. Unless he's been taking the Brian Cushing "nutritional" pack, I doubt they are plugging 224lb Bernard in at MLB. 

Why draft him with a 3rd then?   I just don't get it

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He hasn’t said anything of the sort.  But maybe.  

fA started 3 days ago-  he wouldn’t be panicking.  Only fans are panicking 

Agreed. 

Beane actually stated in his presser yesterday that Milano will NOT move to MLB.  They like him exactly where's he at, and for good reason...he's one of the best in the biz there

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

So wait, the middle of the field was open last year? And this year it will be worse? This is all very confusing. 

Obviously they were not interested in Tranquill. 

Haha. Good point. So lll be as literal as I can be since the internet doesn't like when people post using language that one would speak if they were talking with a friend. Last year there was a Big problem in the Bills defense. That problem was that the middle of the field was exposed (is it ok to say) very often. So perhaps this year having a less than desirable replacement for Edmonds might hurt the Bills even more, given that many believe Edmonds to be an elite athlete. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know what they are thinking when it comes to Bernard.  It's a puzzlement.

He's a "tweener" and the only thing I could think of is being some sort of counter to the big catching TEs of the league.

Don't know how that would work without a whole new D scheme of some sort.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yea they tried different things to replace Edmunds. But I am not out on them deciding Bernard is an option.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.