Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

47 minutes ago, 947 said:

I watched a few Browns games last year. When Hunt came in the game, I noticed a huge drop-off from Chubb. It wasn't like years past, where they were nearly interchangeable. Hunt looked like a plodding JAG to me, definitely not better than Singletary.

Hunt is different than Chubb.  Chubb, as powerful as he is, is a cut and go.  He avoids the 1st tackle or 2 and then plows through people.  Hunt is straight ahead full speed.  Not nearly as good as Chubb, but he is very good.  Much better than Singletary in my opinion.  And Hunt is a very good receiver as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

How can you judge something….anything…..as good or bad if you aren’t comparing it to anything at all?  Are the Bills drafts horrible because they aren’t as good as the Tampa Bay Rays at finding talent?  Because they should have standards for inclusion like MIT?  Or does it make sense to compare them to other NFL teams?

An NFL roster is made up of players acquired from a wide array of places. It’s always in flux. Teams both ascend and descend. Right now, at this very moment, the Bills need to be really careful. They’ve gotten by with subpar drafting by plucking a few agent here and there. But now they’re walking a cap tight rope. The last few drafts have put them in a real bind. It isn’t great but it is what it is and it has NOTHING to do with what any other teams are doing. The equation you’re trying to assert has way too many variables. 

7 hours ago, arcane said:

And has 17 games of mediocrity in the 14 months since that season ended

Go rewatch him in week 18, a must-win for the packers to make the playoffs, going against one of the worst defenses in the league at home

I know he didn't play well last year, and he may continue down that path, but I think it is much more likely that he packed it in last year and really didn't care.  That's not good either, but he didn't suddenly lose the ability to play, I think he lost the will to play in GB anymore.  

5 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I was surprised by this, Joe Mario went in how much better he looked at RG and Bates has said publicly that he’s more comfortable at LG.

Bates looked great at left guard two years ago. He even looked great at center when had to fill in there. 

Rn, McD & beane do not seem like they have a decent grasp on oline development. I’m a lil concerned now 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It could also mean Connor is taking Ryan Bates spot and that Bates is the one the Bills are looking to upgrade from in the draft 

Doubt it, Bates was far from bad last year and is being paid starter money. He was definitely better at LG in 2021 playing next to Dawkins and Morse. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

An NFL roster is made up of players acquired from a wide array of places. It’s always in flux. Teams both ascend and descend. Right now, at this very moment, the Bills need to be really careful. They’ve gotten by with subpar drafting by plucking a few agent here and there. But now they’re walking a cap tight rope. The last few drafts have put them in a real bind. It isn’t great but it is what it is and it has NOTHING to do with what any other teams are doing. The equation you’re trying to assert has way too many variables. 

Lol how can you call the Bills drafting “subpar” but object when asked to compare it with other teams?  How is par established in your view?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

Bates looked great at left guard two years ago. He even looked great at center when had to fill in there. 

Rn, McD & beane do not seem like they have a decent grasp on oline development. I’m a lil concerned now 

I think it’s also March and Bates just played a full season at LG and McG just played a full season at RG. 

Continue from where they left off and make the call after you see them line up, week 2 of OTAs they could switch for all we know. 

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I was surprised by this, Joe Mario went in how much better he looked at RG and Bates has said publicly that he’s more comfortable at LG.

Maybe Beane thinks that McGovern or Bates will take over C next year.  Leaves RG still open.  I was hoping for a RG in the draft.

They could keep the rookie as depth and to adjust to the NFL this year and he could take it over next.

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

🤔 Seumalo is a RG.....

Or a rookie.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Maybe Beane thinks that McGovern or Bates will take over C next year.  Leaves RG still open.  I was hoping for a RG in the draft.

They could keep the rookie as depth and to adjust to the NFL this year and he could take it over next.

Or a rookie.

Maybe, but both are being paid starter money. I can’t see one on the bench and I’m not sure that it would be Bates, who is better than McG IMO. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.