Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is interesting if true.  Wonder if they mean working the phones to available free agents.  Guys like Hunt and Foreman stick out as the likely candidates if they are.  Or are they working the phones for one of the top guys rumored to be available via trade such as Henry, Ekeler, Chubb, or Dalvin.  

Given the phrasing "high level" RB, think that would lean more towards one of the guys available for trade.  Be interesting to see what they do at RB in terms of resolving that position prior to the draft and looking to land one in the draft.  

McCaffrey

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Recency bias, he was hurt all year, but you could do a lot worse with a piece of clay like Jack. He wouldn't be my favorite choice, but outside of Wagner, Tranquill, he's probably next in the pipeline for me. Maybe he follows Flores to Minnesota. 

so much for that "time bomb" of a knee that was talked about so much his draft year. dudes ancient

17 minutes ago, Success said:

They've gotta change that philosophy, though.  I think they know that.

I hope they know that.

The philosophy that needs to change is only running long developing routes and not using your RB in the passing game more often.  We all saw it later in the season were a 3rd and 2 would end up being a 15-20 yard attempt.  That might have been a result of Allens elbow injury or something else but it just felt like the first 6ish weeks they were able to do short, mid and long attempts and then turned into only mid/long pass attempts.

15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Someone who can carry the load so Allen can have zero carries for zero yards every game. At least as far as those designed runs go. I know there will be times when Allen will have to avoid the rush on passing plays and he will pick up yards that way. Allen is getting older, so I don't want to see him taking unnecessary shots if it can be avoided.

Yea, Allen is still going to Allen.  No question to that.  I think the reality is more related to the Oline than it is the RB.

53 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I know he didn't play well last year, and he may continue down that path, but I think it is much more likely that he packed it in last year and really didn't care.  That's not good either, but he didn't suddenly lose the ability to play, I think he lost the will to play in GB anymore.  

Hes 40. He's in the middle of falling off a cliff. Even in his last couple good season, traditional markers of decline started showing up 

3 hours ago, Success said:

And when will NFL fans learn:  the team that "wins" FA is rarely one of the teams that is hanging around at the end.

This happens every single year. And I'm already gearing up for Groundhog Day when the draft comes around, when posters will lament every pick because the players don't match up to who they had on "their" board.

The team that wins - on paper - you're right.  The teams who actually end up winning FA are the teams that add a few of the correct lowkey underrated pieces, that allows them to draft closer to the BPA/Need model.  Beasley, Jon Brown, Poyer, Hyde, Daquan Jones, theeeeeeeese are the types of moves that keep the big dogs on top.

Not the team that blows their load on a bunch of Louis Vitton FAs.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

Hes 40. He's in the middle of falling off a cliff. Even in his last couple good season, traditional markers of decline started showing up 

In my eyes... I thought that he looked completely disengaged while playing for the Packers last year. What's even worse, though, is that his last few playoff appearances have been almost unbelievably bad.

24 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This better not be true...

Understanding talent evaluation at each position in the current Draft, and being able to utilize advantages, is a HUGE part of building a roster with a massive QB cap hit. The Bills better not trade Draft resources for a RB...That would be terrible asset management this off-season.

Depending on the Scout(s) there should be somewhere between 15-17 RB's with a 5th Round or better grade in this Draft...

Realizing different Scouting services will have varying results, the #17 RB in this Draft is about 2 rounds higher in overall ranking than the #17 RB from the 2021 Draft, and about 20 spots higher than last year, which was another decent RB class. What generally happens nowadays in deep RB Drafts? Players like Pacheco get pushed WAY down the board to high-value spots. 

The Bills need to forget about any vet RB's not nicknamed Motor (and he'll have to compete for a spot anyway), and Draft one on Day 3 to get those 4 years of Rookie salary. They'll also get a very good player. At least the chances are very good in this Draft. B-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Wondering the same. Loved him coming out of college don't know how he's doing lately.

IMO, he was never the difference maker that people thought he'd become. He's a decent player, but not a guy you want to throw serious money at.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The account seems to have at least some inside info. Just posting for discussion

I hear ya. All rumors are always worth posting and discussing. Ya never know which ones are true.

I just happen to have a hard time with this one. But I could also be totally wrong!

4 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

IMO, he was never the difference maker that people thought he'd become. He's a decent player, but not a guy you want to throw serious money at.

I don't think anyone's looking to throw serious money at him but a possible hold the fort type move for cheap so you aren't forced into making any need picks in the draft.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.