Jordan Poyer Discussion - Does he stay?

Warriorspikes51

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree that the Bills need offensive players and weapons. 

However, I have to question the statement the Bills are "loaded with defensive minds."

Couldn't stop the Chiefs from

scoring in 13 seconds or in OT. Did you see the defense vs Cinci. Some game plan? 

I'm sorry those defensive minds are so great. 

Eagles were run out of the building by those same Chiefs. At any rate I've seen these Bills coaches consistently put top 10 defenses out there with injuries to stud players. I havent seen them able to do much of anything with limited offensive resources. 

So in a cap world where Josh Allen makes 40 million plus you pick your poison. I am quite confident in believing this coaching staff can do a lot more with less defensively vs. the offensive alternative.

13 hours ago, nosejob said:

I would love one more season of Poyer and Hyde so they can figure out the future.( Hamlin ain't coming back),  but if I'm a player having gone through what Buffalo did this last year and at this stage.... a warm weather, red state would be kinda intriguing. I was born here and live here now, but I would head south...in a New York minute.

Go ahead and move to your beloved red state paradise. I prefer to keep my freedoms.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

He can stay for reasonable money, but with the injury concerns and the constant whining about NYS I don't really see much reason for Beane to make it a top priority. 

Hyde is the guy in that safety duo that makes it work. Incredible athlete and great instincts.  

Poyer and Hyde are a perfect example of Aristotle's, "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts."  They played really well together.  Both could capably play free or strong safety, allowing them to disguise coverages easily.  And they communicated well and instinctively understood each other.   

I'm afraid that if Poyer leaves, Hyde won't be as good with a different partner.    

58 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Poyer and Hyde are a perfect example of Aristotle's, "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts."  They played really well together.  Both could capably play free or strong safety, allowing them to disguise coverages easily.  And they communicated well and instinctively understood each other.   

I'm afraid that if Poyer leaves, Hyde won't be as good with a different partner.    

I'm less concerned about Hyde without Poyer than I was about Poyer without Hyde. Hyde has his 'football sense' and knowledge to fall back on. He's been the QB of defense in getting guys lined up and helping them diagnose pre-snap.

The concern for Hyde (like Poyer) is much more about how much his mental ability can compensate for the decreased physical ability as he ages. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Who cares what she says? 

Because she is his wife and talking about the Bills and Buffalo in past tense obviously means they are not going to be back. Seems kinda common sense actually.

Edited by Big Turk

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Because she is his wife and talking about the Bills and Buffalo in past tense obviously means they are not going to be back. Seems kinda common sense actually.

She likes clicks and will say anything regardless. Attention ***** is all

• Vomit 1

44 minutes ago, boyst said:

He was leaving before she opened her big mouth. 

Sounds a little personal with you and her...you sure this doesn't stem from you trying to slide into her DM's and getting shot down?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.