Jordan Poyer Discussion - Does he stay?

Warriorspikes51

3 hours ago, HaldimandBills said:

Eagles were run out of the building by those same Chiefs. At any rate I've seen these Bills coaches consistently put top 10 defenses out there with injuries to stud players. I havent seen them able to do much of anything with limited offensive resources. 

So in a cap world where Josh Allen makes 40 million plus you pick your poison. I am quite confident in believing this coaching staff can do a lot more with less defensively vs. the offensive alternative.

Josh’s deal about to look like a steal lol that deshaun Watson deal has really fiddled with the market.  At least a lot of the other top teams will be in the same (or a worse) boat 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

OK...well, when he leaves, you heard it from her first.

Aren't her comments par for the course? Like I am pretty sure, she would still make these comments even before the Bills offered him a top salary new contract. Then it would go from current statements to "heck yeah damn right they paid my guy" real quick.

Edited by What a Tuel

6 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Aren't her comments par for the course? Like I am pretty sure, she would still make these comments even before the Bills offered him a top salary new contract. Then it would go from current statements to "heck yeah damn right they paid my guy" real quick.

No, they are what happens when you know you are leaving after having discussions with the Bills already that they are not signing him. Pretty much what we have already figured out, but this just confirms it.

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

🤣🤣🤣. She's not my type at all.

So you are saying if you were sitting at a bar and she came up and started hitting on you and then asked you to join her back in her room you'd say no?  Not buying that one.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So you are saying if you were sitting at a bar and she came up and started hitting on you and then asked you to join her back in her room you'd say no?  Not buying that one.

You're parsing hairs. I have had historic low standards before but that doesn't always mean they're my type or one I'd make an effort beyond a late night hand of backgammon for a few hours. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HaldimandBills said:

Eagles were run out of the building by those same Chiefs. At any rate I've seen these Bills coaches consistently put top 10 defenses out there with injuries to stud players. I havent seen them able to do much of anything with limited offensive resources. 

So in a cap world where Josh Allen makes 40 million plus you pick your poison. I am quite confident in believing this coaching staff can do a lot more with less defensively vs. the offensive alternative.

I agree but let's not get carried away with the defensive coaches of the Bills. If you like regular season stats then they are very good. 

The playoffs is a whole different story. For three consecutive years the very good regular season defense pretty much sucked in the playoffs. Or at the very least couldn't get it done. Much falls on coaching and scheme. 

Moving forward, I am.not sure how anyone can be extremely confident in the Bills D come playoff time. 

Agree it's time for the Bills organization to contrentrate on the offense. It's been a series of misses and negligence. Saffold, Ford, Brown, various RBs, Crowder, etc...Whats the confidence level that Beane can get it right after several consecutive years of mediocrity? 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree but let's not get carried away with the defensive coaches of the Bills. If you like regular season stats then they are very good. 

The playoffs is a whole different story. For three consecutive years the very good regular season defense pretty much sucked in the playoffs. Or at the very least couldn't get it done. Much falls on coaching and scheme. 

Moving forward, I am.not sure how anyone can be extremely confident in the Bills D come playoff time. 

Agree it's time for the Bills organization to contrentrate on the offense. It's been a series of misses and negligence. Saffold, Ford, Brown, various RBs, Crowder, etc...Whats the confidence level that Beane can get it right after several consecutive 

I'm saying given the choice the Bills have shown they can do alot more with less defensively than offensively. It's obvious running Allen into the ground and throwing to a triple covered Diggs isn't going to help either. 

Defensively we can at least keep our head somewhat above water. Offensively we are sunk unless we seriously start adding pieces this off season. 

Also why are we turning on Beane? People seriously forget the 17 year playoff drought? Let's see what becomes of the Bengals, Chargers, Ravens, etc when the big $$$ start to kick in. From where I stand Beane biggest issue is cutting corners on the oline and believing Davis and Mckenzie were ready for their roles. Josh Allen gave everyone a false sense of security. Now everyone knows better so let's get at it.

6 minutes ago, HaldimandBills said:

I'm saying given the choice the Bills have shown they can do alot more with less defensively than offensively. It's obvious running Allen into the ground and throwing to a triple covered Diggs isn't going to help either. 

Defensively we can at least keep our head somewhat above water. Offensively we are sunk unless we seriously start adding pieces this off season. 

Also why are we turning on Beane? People seriously forget the 17 year playoff drought? Let's see what becomes of the Bengals, Chargers, Ravens, etc when the big $$$ start to kick in. From where I stand Beane biggest issue is cutting corners on the oline and believing Davis and Mckenzie were ready for their roles. Josh Allen gave everyone a false sense of security. Now everyone knows better so let's get at it.

I get that but there are also flaws in your argument. 

Do you know the offensive stats for the Bills last year? They were ranked amoung the best in the league in many categories. Just look it up. How far off is the offense? Stats indicate the offense will be fine. Allen is elite and makes players better. He played with an injuried elbow for weeks.  Cook and Shakir should be better. A heathly Brown can improve. A year under Dorsey's belt can only help. Sure it's optimistic but possible. A few nice pieces can propel the Bills offense to thrive more. 

So it looks like you are chosing to look at defensive stats yet minimize the the offensive stats. 

51 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I get that but there are also flaws in your argument. 

Do you know the offensive stats for the Bills last year? They were ranked amoung the best in the league in many categories. Just look it up. How far off is the offense? Stats indicate the offense will be fine. Allen is elite and makes players better. He played with an injuried elbow for weeks.  Cook and Shakir should be better. A heathly Brown can improve. A year under Dorsey's belt can only help. Sure it's optimistic but possible. A few nice pieces can propel the Bills offense to thrive more. 

So it looks like you are chosing to look at defensive stats yet minimize the the offensive stats. 

I am not. I saw a fully healthy offense that stalled near the end and continously relied on Allen to bail them out with his legs. Please elaborate to me which catastrophic injuries on offense the Bills had besides Allen's partially torn UCL for the last half of the season? A injury he seemed to play through. We had our entire offense against the Bengals and scored 10 whole points. Not one injury. Not one.

I also saw a Jets, Patriots, and Dolphins team begin to build a blue print on how to slow down Allen's big rush plays in Dorsey's offense. They had our offense figured out and realized our oline couldn't cut it and besides Diggs no one is scary on that offense. 

Avg. over 100 yards rushing a game is a great stat. Not when its Allen providing a massive chunk of those yards. 

Now let's look at this defense. It was a rotating mess in the secondary with no unity the entire season. Our linebackers were solid. We were missing guys on the dline the entire season as they rotated in and out. Shaq Lawson was our best dend vs. the Lions after Miller, Groot, Epenesa went out. So again we held our heads above water on defense with numerous injuries and consistency. Bengals feasted on our Cover 2 Zone and the lack of foot traction in the snow. Is what it is. 

Offense we floundered to the finish line and we had our entire group intact. Every spare cent and draft pick in this off season should go towards the oline, 2nd receiver, and a better RB than Singletary. Our offense balled out in the playoffs vs. the Colts, Chiefs (2nd time because Allen went God Mode), and Patriots. 

Was ho hum vs. the Texans, and Dolphins. 

Was non existent vs. the Ravens, Chiefs (1st time) and Bengals. 

I do agree the Cover 2 Zone is annoying and let's us down in the playoffs. Hopefully without Fraizer things can change on that front. 

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

Sheesh.  Imagine Miami adding Ramsey and Poyer.  I’ll be really disappointed if he goes there.  And I fully expect it to happen.  No taxes and has a house there.  Makes too much sense 

Fins and Jets getting better and we're getting worse. Not the most fun offseason. Hard to replace Edmunds and Poyer on this D.

• Agree 1

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Fins and Jets getting better and we're getting worse. Not the most fun offseason. Hard to replace Edmunds and Poyer on this D.

Poyer wasn’t great when we signed him- I have faith that McD can get solid S play with Hyde and someone else-  

I feel the same about edmunds-  we’ll fill the hole adequately and will save a ton of money 

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Well maybe he isn't going to Florida.

I was in my crawl space installing insulation this past weekend.  I was getting closer to the corners and my foot disturbed a nest when I slipped on a loose dirt clump.

I have plastic sheeting all down there so I couldn't see them scattering but I could feel the vibrations.  I was frozen solid for about 3 minutes.

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Poyer wasn’t great when we signed him- I have faith that McD can get solid S play with Hyde and someone else-  

I feel the same about edmunds-  we’ll fill the hole adequately and will save a ton of money 

Poyer was a no-name free agent in 2017. I and many others questioned why a player with only 10 starts under his belt was getting a 4-year deal coming off an injury to boot. But that of course panned out in a major way. McD will need to do more with less on defense. From 2019 to 2022 the major draft picks and cap dollars skewed toward the defense. Now the offense which hasn't seen nearly enough love needs more resources to support the franchise QB. So McD will have to make due with mid to late-round picks and lower-tier to mid-tier free agents to plug these gaps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.