Jordan Poyer Discussion - Does he stay?

Warriorspikes51

19 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the way the market is going, maybe we can get Poyer back on a reasonable deal.  I would be good with that

I agree. Even if the deal is a bit heftier the Bills should sign him ASAP. Just for continuity, the Bills can't lose both TE and JP and just think the D is going to just hum along. I would love a couple more years of the Hyde and Poyer show. The most dynamic duo in the NFL!! C'mon Beane, bring him back!!   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

I agree. Even if the deal is a bit heftier the Bills should sign him ASAP. Just for continuity, the Bills can't lose both TE and JP and just think the D is going to just hum along. I would love a couple more years of the Hyde and Poyer show. The most dynamic duo in the NFL!! C'mon Beane, bring him back!!   

Why not?  We get Von back at some point.   Tre White now has a year under his belt post-injury.  Hyde is back.  

Why should we be the ones that overpay for Poyer?  

• Agree 1

I kind of feel bad for Jordan Poyer.

He DESERVES a big payday, but his long overdue All-Pro recognition came at age 30, and he's now 31.  Just a bit too late for him to be able to properly cash in on it on the free agent market.

Plus he has to listen to Rachel Bush talk on a daily basis.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

He DESERVES a big payday, but his long overdue All-Pro recognition came at age 30, and he's now 31.  Just a bit too late for him to be able to properly cash in on it on the free agent market.

Imo He doesn’t deserve a big pay day. He deserves that 6-8 million per year that all of these safeties are getting. He thinks he deserves more. At the end of the day his is an older guy who has dealt with recent injuries and did absolutely nothing until he came into this scheme. He is a very specific scheme fit, comes with baggage, and worried about taxes. He is a huge risk for teams in FA. Also, its a good safety group in FA and more than  half the league drafted safeties last year from a loaded safety class. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Imo He doesn’t deserve a big pay day. He deserves that 6-8 million per year that all of these safeties are getting. He thinks he deserves more. At the end of the day his is an older guy who has dealt with recent injuries and did absolutely nothing until he came into this scheme. He is a very specific scheme fit, comes with baggage, and worried about taxes. He is a huge risk for teams in FA. Also, its a good safety group in FA and more than  half the league drafted safeties last year from a loaded safety class. 

I'm just curious what you mean by this line. What baggage?

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He went from a backup on the 0-32 Browns to an All-pro earning $34M with the Bills. That's his big payday. Anything past that is icing on the cake to keep Rachel quiet.

I think we both know that that is an impossible task.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

I'm just curious what you mean by this line. What baggage?

I noticed that as well and quietly said to myself....."what baggage is he talking about"...

so I too am curious 

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Wife 

I don't know if his wife is what I'd consider "baggage"...but that's just me

He gave the Bills his heart, soul and body.  As others have pointed out - his NFL career blossomed in Buffalo.  It was a mutual benefit situation.  Now, its time for both to move on...the only if in this situation is "if" the price dives below $5M a year it may be worth a look.  That will never happen.  Rosenhaus will bundle Poyer with another client to keep the floor from going that low.

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Logic said:

I will give Poyer a lot of credit.  He wanted to cash in on his final “big” contract after an All Pro season.  I get the impression Buffalo didn’t want a multi-year extension.  

He hired Rosenhaus to play hardball - and he could have held out, or complained publicly to pressure the Bills or make them look bad.

Instead he was a consummate professional on and off-the-field.  He played through several injuries when he could have taken it easy on a contract year.  You can even argue that the three Bills losses were due from his absence.  

I think he might be a little too proud to return to Buffalo but Poyer has been a great player for the Bills.  The concern for me is how bad he broke down toward the end of the season.  He had his worst game of the season in Cincinnati.

• Like (+1) 3

man with some of the comments in this thread....if I was him I'd want to leave 

8 minutes ago, Cuboirs said:

Only reason he wants miami is his girl bro...I guess we know who calls the shots in this relationship 

Or gee I don't know....maybe so he doesn't have 50% of his $$$ taken by the state 

56 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I noticed that as well and quietly said to myself....."what baggage is he talking about"...

so I too am curious 

I don't know if his wife is what I'd consider "baggage"...but that's just me

They all just wish she was theirs.  It's a combination of ignorance and envy 

at this point I can see him signing with a surprise team 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

some of the comments in here 😄

for the record it is shown - i never said i didn't want him, never said he wasn't valuable, never said anything other than he was likely to end up playing for another team. by the end of the day yesterday - it was clear - there wasn't a market for him.

glad he's back. now he needs to shut his wife up. 

also, fwiw, his mother loves the bills. i sat next to her in tennessee years ago. she's really sweet.

On 3/13/2023 at 1:36 PM, Big Turk said:

No, they are what happens when you know you are leaving after having discussions with the Bills already that they are not signing him. Pretty much what we have already figured out, but this just confirms it.

This is why you don't listen to the wives.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.