Per Shefty - Bills “expected to lose” Poyer and Edmunds

BeastMode54

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Pretty big indictment on Tremaine.

Beane talks constantly about drafting and retaining.  But they are going to let a 24 y/o first round pick team captain walk without giving him a second contract?

I'd love him back but the more i think about it, he commands too much for his impact. 

We can get a legit replacement for half the price and playing next to Milano, an all pro and 1 of the best lbs will only expand said players game 

I think Milano great year also makes Maine more expendable,  he played phenomenal when Edmunds missed time

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Poyer used to play for Cleveland. He should know the grass isn't always greener. Edmunds doesn't know anything other than being on a playoff team. Send him to Chicago or Houston and he can get his $ and be miserable 

I agree to spending the money on the offense. Get a big time #1b receiver like Hopkins and score more points to make up for the lack of a defense 

I don't know if it equates to a worse D. We basically played the whole year without Hyde and half without White and Miller.  We get them back and hopefully some day 3 picks step up like Benford and Hamlin did when needed 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

We dont need Edmunds. With that money we can keep Taiwan Jones, Matakevich, Klein and Marlowe.

We will see. I expect he will get a big contract. Not a ton of guys with his age, measurables, and experience. Someone will pay. 

Sure all the promise in the world but idk - hasn’t lived up to it on my opinion 

I’ve just seen too many times he doesn’t have that edge 

• Agree 1

Benford / midrange FA / day 3 draft pick --- camp competition to replace Poyer.

Bernard / Spector / midrange FA  / day 3 draft pick --- camp competition to replace Edmunds.

Take the money saved to put a legit O-Line in front of Josh.  I think Josh is good enough to elevate any WR on the field with him.  Give Josh a clean pocket for 3 seconds and he will shred any secondary no matter the WRs.

Priority #1 for Beane has to be to protect Josh and retool that O-Line.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't know if it equates to a worse D. We basically played the whole year without Hyde and half without White and Miller.  We get them back and hopefully some day 3 picks step up like Benford and Hamlin did when needed 

To be honest we basically played the whole year without White he just wasn't anywhere close to 100%. If he regains his form and Elam takes a nice leap that will allow much more flexibility for the D. Will McD evolve or go moldy like bread.....?

7 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

To be honest we basically played the whole year without White he just wasn't anywhere close to 100%. If he regains his form and Elam takes a nice leap that will allow much more flexibility for the D. Will McD evolve or go moldy like bread.....?

Ya I agree on White and Hyde will be 100% going into TC. 

Hopefully we can get a guy at a cheap price to produce like Daquan Jones to produce at LB but our secondary is in great hands imo without Poyer

58 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t think them losing these two confirms anything…. Could just be more added motivation to use more high resources on defense to replace these two. 

I’ll believe they “get it” and prioritize offense when I see it. 

Was thinking about this yesterday, just imagining Beane and McDermott meeting, hey we lost Poyer and Edmunds, time to reload on Defense with top 3 picks!

I wonder what garbage heap olineman Beane will bring in this off-season? 

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Germaine Pratt would look mighty fine in Buffalo Blue. 

Dude was a wrecking ball in that playoff game we lost.  Would much rather have him then Edmunds any day.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Negan said:

I wonder what garbage heap olineman Beane will bring in this off-season? 

Dude was a wrecking ball in that playoff game we lost.  Would much rather have him then Edmunds any day.

He also is on Milano’s level with pass coverage. Nate Davis is a OG from Tenn, a Kromer guy. Makes perfect sense.

Give me Mecole Hardman as well.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t think them losing these two confirms anything…. Could just be more added motivation to use more high resources on defense to replace these two. 

I’ll believe they “get it” and prioritize offense when I see it. 

For me, it depends.   If they let them walk and address Offense heavy in FA, I’m not opposed to a pass rusher at 27.  

Nolan Smith, specifically. (If he’s there)

Zero interest in a MLB or S that early though.   

• Agree 1

Checking around the internet, most NFL fans think that Edmunds will get a boatload of money from a team that has a lot more cap space.

For another team, it would be similar to the kind of "big" signing we had during the drought - when we could overpay for a more marquee player, but still had a pretty flawed team.

We're not that anymore.  The more I think about it, the better I am with spending money where it is more needed.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Pretty big indictment on Tremaine.

Beane talks constantly about drafting and retaining.  But they are going to let a 24 y/o first round pick team captain walk without giving him a second contract?

Because he’s not that good lmao

55 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

THIS

People keep acting like we’re losing Edmunds and Poyer off the defense that finished the year.  

If people want to doubt Von, Micah and Tre’s ability to come back from injury, fair.. but this defense we will field at some point in ‘23 has Von Miller, a healthy Tre White and Micah Hyde. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.