Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe that the jets are going to blow this possibly.  With that huge expenditure for a moody, inconsistent, head case of a quarterback, past his prime, I think the Jets would not be able to compete with the Bills.  As opposed to getting a good quarterback in the draft on a first contract, enabling them to keep growing as a team.

Come on Jets, sign Rogers today, and give us a great Easter gift!

Or, if it does not work out, try to swing a deal for perennial pro-bowler, Russel Wilson.  He is only 35, so has a lot more left in the tank...

Go Green, get er done!

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

I cannot believe that the jets are going to blow this possibly.  With that huge expenditure for a moody, inconsistent, head case of a quarterback, past his prime, I think the Jets would not be able to compete with the Bills.  As opposed to getting a good quarterback in the draft on a first contract, enabling them to keep growing as a team.

Or, if it does not work out, try to swing a deal for perennial pro-bowler, Russel Wilson.  He is only 35, so has a lot more left in the tank...

Go Green, get er done!

Sign Lemar, Rodgers and Wilson and have a three way competition, winner takes all!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 4/7/2023 at 11:19 AM, Mister Defense said:

Go Green, get er done!

The Jets not getting Rodgers after all this would be the most Jets thing ever. 

I still don’t why the Packers have to trade him either or settle for value. Give us 2 1st rounders or you don’t get him. And if you don’t want to play A A Ron, enjoy leaving 50+ mil on the table. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The Jets know Rodgers wants out.  I would offer next to nothing.  Eventually the Packers are going to have to accept the fact that the return will be minimal. 

Then I'd start talking to the 49'ers.

10 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Rodgers would be better off going to SF. They are a legit Super Bowl contender, and the NFC is the easier conference.

Rodgers behing an awesome OL with killer offensive minds, a running game. that team is actually really scary, and Rodgers is from Cali.  this makes a ton more sense. only saving grace is GB might not do an in conference trade like that (although if i was them it wouldnt stop me if they were highest bidder). 

GB isnt going to be a contender in the next 2 years Rodgers would play there.

If i had to guess id say GB negotiates with SF in hopes to drive up the price and urgency from NY

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The Jets know Rodgers wants out.  I would offer next to nothing.  Eventually the Packers are going to have to accept the fact that the return will be minimal. 

The Packers HAVE a starting QB in Jordan Love... the Jets do not.

You've got this backwards... because they have Zach Wilson and little else, eventually the Jets will have to accept the fact that they will have to pay the Packers's price. If Rodgers doesn't want to play, he will retire. If the Jets don't get Rodgers, they are SCREWED.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The Packers HAVE a starting QB in Jordan Love... the Jets do not.

You've got this backwards... because they have Zach Wilson and little else, eventually the Jets will have to accept the fact that they will have to pay the Packers's price. If Rodgers doesn't want to play, he will retire. If the Jets don't get Rodgers, they are SCREWED.

So the Packers would rather have an unhappy Rodgers comimg back for 2023, instead of getting what they can in a trade for Rodgers, and turning the reigns over to Love?