Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

On 3/25/2023 at 6:04 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That depends on whether or not GB is content to eat the $59 million and just pay him to stay home. Pretty sure they can give him the Watson treatment. Rodgers has already declared his intent to not play for GB so they have a justifiable reason to not have him around the team. No matter what, Rodgers in not playing for the Packers next year. The salary is what it is, at this point in free agency it's not like they are going to spend that $59 million on players that put them over the top as a contender. The number one thing the Packers can do to benefit their team is to get as much back in pick value as they can for Rodgers. 

I believe the Jets will be far more willing to trade a 2024 first round pick than their current #13 pick this year. 

And can you imagine how much of a circus it would be for the Jets organization to have Zach Wilson taking all the first team reps at the start of Jets training camp? All while the New York media asks every day when the Rodgers deal is going to get done. To me that is a much bigger distraction than Rodgers potentially showing up to Packers training camp. And it's not like the Jets can tell Wilson to stay home. 

You make good counter-points. Hopefully both sides can just work out a reasonable agreement. Maybe swap first this year and then next year's 2nd and a conditional pick for 2024.

36 minutes ago, chongli said:

You make good counter-points. Hopefully both sides can just work out a reasonable agreement. Maybe swap first this year and then next year's 2nd and a conditional pick for 2024.

Introduce an element of danger and uncertainty? 🤔 Perhaps 'Rock / Paper / Scissors'?

The NFL better hope I am never appointed the next commissioner.  Wait until you hear about 'Opera Thursday' games.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is like going with your dad to the dealership for your first car, pointing to one, going "OMG, that one is amazing!  I just gotta have that one, dad!" and leaving your poor dad to try and negotiate a deal with the salesman who just overheard everything.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Red King said:

This is like going with your dad to the dealership for your first car, pointing to one, going "OMG, that one is amazing!  I just gotta have that one, dad!" and leaving your poor dad to try and negotiate a deal with the salesman who just overheard everything.

My dad made me hitchhike to my SATs. My date drove me to the prom.

My neighbor's son drives a damn Tesla. 

I think the kids call this kind of post "triggering".

• Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Charles Robinson on Twitter: "A deal between the #Packers and #Jets to swap Aaron Rodgers for two high draft picks is taking shape. But one lingering hangup is whether the Packers will agree to some draft “give back” protection if Rodgers doesn’t play in the 2024 season. Details: https://t.co/DmpXtuKwf2" / Twitter

The whole Rodgers / Jets / Packers deal is starting to sound like the plot of the pilot that Costanza and Jerry pitched to NBC.  Rodgers becomes a butler in 2024 to the community of Green Bay, if he doesn't play football. 🤔🤨

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Charles Robinson on Twitter: "A deal between the #Packers and #Jets to swap Aaron Rodgers for two high draft picks is taking shape. But one lingering hangup is whether the Packers will agree to some draft “give back” protection if Rodgers doesn’t play in the 2024 season. Details: https://t.co/DmpXtuKwf2" / Twitter

LOL!  

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Lol

Neither do most people.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Does anybody else think Saleh is on the juice? 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/27/2023 at 8:25 AM, Just in Atlanta said:

My dad made me hitchhike to my SATs. My date drove me to the prom.

My neighbor's son drives a damn Tesla. 

I think the kids call this kind of post "triggering".

I've had a list of cars for about 20 years that let me know the person driving them was 100% a douchebag. The list used to be 1 car long: Infiniti. Now Tesla has been added to the list. Also since this is about Rodgers.. I feel like somehow he drives both at once to be a double douchebag. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

I've had a list of cars for about 20 years that let me know the person driving them was 100% a douchebag. The list used to be 1 car long: Infiniti. Now Tesla has been added to the list. Also since this is about Rodgers.. I feel like somehow he drives both at once to be a double douchebag. 

Was not aware of this 100% rule when I purchased my Infiniti FX45. 

• Haha (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Gregg said:

The packers should tell the Jets to pound sane. Why should the packers give them protections if he retires? Any player could retire at any time or get injured or suddenly suck.

Why should the trade trading for the contract get any protection? Take the player, and everything that comes with it