Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The Packers absolutely have the Jets by the balls. The Jets made the mistake of getting their entire organization and fans amped up for the 2023 season with Aaron Rodgers as their QB. The fact that there are literally no other teams even interested in Rodgers makes it even worst. They can't fall back on, "well we tried but ultimately he wanted be with that other team". 

Jets have no choice but to trade whatever GB asks for. Their other option is going into the season with that 16 year old kid at QB, or setting themselves even further back by giving up 2 firsts and 200+ million guaranteed to Lamar Jackson and hope he lasts an entire season at least once out of the 5 years they have him. 

Not that easy for the Packers tho either. If the trade falls through then they are stuck with a $50M cap hit for a guy who doesnt want to play there, and they dont want playing. They can't cut him, they can't start him, they can't even have him around the facility at this point.

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The Packers absolutely have the Jets by the balls. The Jets made the mistake of getting their entire organization and fans amped up for the 2023 season with Aaron Rodgers as their QB. The fact that there are literally no other teams even interested in Rodgers makes it even worst. They can't fall back on, "well we tried but ultimately he wanted be with that other team". 

Jets have no choice but to trade whatever GB asks for. Their other option is going into the season with that 16 year old kid at QB, or setting themselves even further back by giving up 2 firsts and 200+ million guaranteed to Lamar Jackson and hope he lasts an entire season at least once out of the 5 years they have him. 

This is all on Woody Johnson. It's been reported in the NY media that the Jets FO wanted Carr but Johnson wants Rodgers. Since Woody is the boss, they had no choice but to go down this road. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not that easy for the Packers tho either. If the trade falls through then they are stuck with a $50M cap hit for a guy who doesnt want to play there, and they dont want playing. They can't cut him, they can't start him, they can't even have him around the facility at this point.

I’m sure Green Bay wants to move on but Mark Murphy already said publicly they would be ok having Rodgers back. 

I don’t see the jets backing out. And I still think Green Bay has the leverage.

Green Bay’s fallback option is to have a hall of fame QB still on their roster. What’s the jets fallback option?

My guess is that it will be a 1st this year with another conditional 1st next year if Rodgers doesn’t retire.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, benderbender said:

If the Rodgers deal falls through, the Jets will be desperate enough to give Lamar what he wants. People will be more angry about that than Watson getting the guaranteed deal because that’s the world we live in now. 

This is all drama. This deals been done.

2 1sts? LOL

NFW I would do that for a guy who is going to delve into the "beautiful mysteries" of life in another 10-11 months and possibly hang up the cleats, or maybe not, or maybe, depending, possibly...

If you are going to burn 2 1sts then you sign Lamar

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I'd much rather the Jets have a declining Aaron Rodgers than hit on a franchise QB.

I don't disagree with your potato/potatoe comparison but it's hard to believe the second one was gonna actually happen. Ever.

Edited by Golden*Wheels

This guy is such a fluppin 🤡 it's unreal. He's up here on his soapbox about the Pack and Jordan Love. Soft dude, you're soft. He wasn't 90% on retiring with $58M on his plate. Not buying it. He's gonna get eaten alive in NY if he goes there.