Who would be your free agency targets?

Wizard

Andre Dillard- former 1st rd pick, still young, didn’t play much since eagles have good line. Would be solid swing tackle and completion for brown. Won’t cost much 

D’ontae Foreman- big back that can be a good duo with cook. 2-3 year deal around 3-3.5 per year

Nate Davis- young, rated higher than both powers and risner, projected around 7 million per year

Jarvis Landry- good slot receiver and physical blocker. Had down year due to injury and poor qb situation. WR coach from college is now Bills WR coach. Played for 1 year 3 million last year so something in the 2-3 million range.

Odell Beckham JR- give gabe competition, know the players on the team want him, reunite with prior coach and potentially Landry. I think something like 2 year 15 million plus incentives would get it done

Shaq Lawson- I bring him back on a cheap deal

Bobby Okeroke- young, productive can likely be had for reasonable price 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, khlax3 said:

Andre Dillard- former 1st rd pick, still young, didn’t play much since eagles have good line. Would be solid swing tackle and completion for brown. Won’t cost much 

D’ontae Foreman- big back that can be a good duo with cook. 2-3 year deal around 3-3.5 per year

Nate Davis- young, rated higher than both powers and risner, projected around 7 million per year

Jarvis Landry- good slot receiver and physical blocker. Had down year due to injury and poor qb situation. WR coach from college is now Bills WR coach. Played for 1 year 3 million last year so something in the 2-3 million range.

Odell Beckham JR- give gabe competition, know the players on the team want him, reunite with prior coach and potentially Landry. I think something like 2 year 15 million plus incentives would get it done

I like foreman unless he is looking for a big deal, 
Shaq - Yes
Jarvis - can replace Cowder and Jake plus rookie

On 3/8/2023 at 6:26 AM, khlax3 said:

I agree with all except obj. I don't like the injury concern with the amount of money he will probably want. I would like to replace Jarvis and obj with Robert woods. Woods knows josh and the offense.

At RB I would like to have the trio that ended last season back. But only if Hines takes a modest paycut and Singletary can be had at a reasonable 3.5-4 million rate. If neither happens go with a vet RB to replace Singletary at that cost and then draft a late-round back to replace Hines as a returner and depth. 

At backup QB I would like to go after a Mitch Trubisky reclamation project. Sam Darnold is a great candidate for this or just bring back Keenum if he is cheap.

At WR I would trade pick 91 and a pick in 2024 for Jerry Jeudy. Jeudy has two years left on his rookie deal and is coming off of a pretty good season considering Denver's terrible offensive situation last year. Having Josh to throw to him and Diggs to take away coverage attention would make Jeudy a great slot WR. I would then draft a WR in round 4 as depth and development. I like Shakir's chances to make an impact but this team needs depth and adding Jeudy and getting a WR in round 4 would assure Josh has all the weapons he needs and help if Davis is gone after 2023 and Jeudy after 2024. 

At TE I love Knox and Morris is a capable backup, not much needed there.

O-line is where the cap dollars need to go. I would sign one of the top guards in free agency in Dalton Risner or Ben Powers. Although I would love a top-flight RT like Mike McGlinchey too I don't know if that is realistic. After signing Risner or Powers I would then like to see some more depth added to the O-line a swing tackle or a vet guard would be a nice piece to add. 

In round 1 I would draft a tackle to compete with Brown and in round 2 I would draft a center to take over for Mitch after a season. No more half-measures on the O-line.

Defensively I am not investing too much but I would resign J. Philips and Shaq to one-year deals if their rates are reasonable. Edumonds and Poyer are gone which I am fine with (although I would have liked to resign Edumonds but you have to live with it). Resign AJ Klein and Dane Jackson as well. I would also invest small cap dollars to replace Poyer and Edumonds but only with lower mid-tier players in the 4-7 million dollar aav range. 

Draft picks 

Round 1- O-line

Round 2- O-line

Round 3- Traded for Jerry Jeudy

Round 4- WR

Round 5- D-line 

Round 6- BPA

Positions OG, Slot WR, MLB, DT are top needs. I'd also like a veteran S. They all don't have to be all pros just better than what we had last year. 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:54 AM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Mecole Hardman might be the guy I throw money at. 

Blazing speed, good hands, elite big play ability.

Can play inside and outside.

He's started 27 of a possible 56 games in KC and just over 2000 yards in 4 seasons. He looks good on paper but average on the field.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d welcome a trade for Jeudy… not sure a 3rd would get it done.

A third alone wouldn’t likely get it done which is why I think you would have to include a 2024 pick. Ideally a 4th that could escalate to a 3rd. I would consider pick 59 for Jeudy and pick 194.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

A third alone wouldn’t likely get it done which is why I think you would have to include a 2024 pick. Ideally a 4th that could escalate to a 3rd. I would consider pick 59 for Jeudy and pick 194.

Why would they trade Jerry Jeudy for anything less than a 1st rounder?   He had something of a breakout season and has a cap hit of next to nothing next year.    He is  a valuable commodity.   

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why would they trade Jerry Jeudy for anything less than a 1st rounder?   He had something of a breakout season and has a cap hit of next to nothing next year.    He is  a valuable commodity.   

It was rumored he was available at the trade deadline this past season for a second-round pick. He now has one less year on his rookie deal (only one remaining) and a not super cheap 5th-year option. Perhaps a 3rd and a 4th in 2024 that could escalate to a 3rd is maybe more than other teams are willing to offer? If no team was willing to pony up a 2nd at the trade deadline then why would a team now give up a 1st? It may take more than a 3rd and a future 4th/3rd but it shouldn't take a 1st rounder to get it done either. 

18 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It was rumored he was available at the trade deadline this past season for a second-round pick. He now has one less year on his rookie deal (only one remaining) and a not super cheap 5th-year option. Perhaps a 3rd and a 4th in 2024 that could escalate to a 3rd is maybe more than other teams are willing to offer? If no team was willing to pony up a 2nd at the trade deadline then why would a team now give up a 1st? It may take more than a 3rd and a future 4th/3rd but it shouldn't take a 1st rounder to get it done either. 

I don't know who said no team was willing to pony up a 2nd rounder for Jeudy.    That is likely FALSE.........as Chicago ponied up what was obviously going to be an early 2nd for Chase Claypool.

And after the trade deadline Jeudy missed a couple games with an injury and finished the season on a tear averaging 87 yards per game and catching 82% of his targets in the final 6 games.   That projects to nearly a 1500 yard pace over 17.   He literally "broke out" at the end of the season.    Stock UP.

I would doubt he would be available for ONLY the Bills first rounder........Diggs wasn't and he came with a fat $15M aaa contract already...........Jeudy has like a $2.7M cap hit.........that factor alone adds draft pick value..........but I agree that Jeudy is a target Beane should and probably has called Denver about.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't know who said no team was willing to pony up a 2nd rounder for Jeudy.    That is likely FALSE.........as Chicago ponied up what was obviously going to be an early 2nd for Chase Claypool.

And after the trade deadline Jeudy missed a couple games with an injury and finished the season on a tear averaging 87 yards per game and catching 82% of his targets in the final 6 games.   That projects to nearly a 1500 yard pace over 17.   He literally "broke out" at the end of the season.    Stock UP.

I would doubt he would be available for ONLY the Bills first rounder........Diggs wasn't and he came with a fat $15M aaa contract already...........Jeudy has like a $2.7M cap hit.........that factor alone adds draft pick value..........but I agree that Jeudy is a target Beane should and probably has called Denver about.  

Fair points and good analysis, I figured that rumor about him being available for a 2nd at the deadline was a good indicator of his value. If it would cost pick 27 and other draft considerations I am not sure if I do it. Diggs while having a fairly large contract was coming off back-to-back 1000-yard seasons and established a level of production higher than Jeudy who was very up and down in his pro career. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Fair points and good analysis, I figured that rumor about him being available for a 2nd at the deadline was a good indicator of his value. If it would cost pick 27 and other draft considerations I am not sure if I do it. Diggs while having a fairly large contract was coming off back-to-back 1000-yard seasons and established a level of production higher than Jeudy who was very up and down in his pro career. 

One thing Jeudy is great at is getting open. He runs nice routes and is really good at every phase of his position. I am sure that Josh would find him open all over the field and toss him touchdown passes.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/7/2023 at 9:07 PM, Mark Vader said:

OG Issac Seumalo--Eagles

OG Dalton Risner--Broncos

LB Germaine Pratt--Bengals

WR DJ Chark--Lions

RB Samaje Perine--Bengals

Can we sign all of them? Maybe. I don't think these players will break the bank for us. 

It would be really helpful to land one of those Guards 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Maybe take advantage of the fact Denver clearly don't know what the ***** they are doing and offer a 3rd? :D 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.