Who would be your free agency targets?

Wizard

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Al-Shaair - LB from SF.  Cheaper Edmunds replacement.  He can do a lot of the things Edmunds can do and has been overshadowed by two studs in SF.  A guy poised for a breakout in his next stop.  

D’onte Foreman - Be a nice compliment as a RB to Cook.  He can catch, runs with purpose and can pick up tough yards.  

I like Al-Shaair or Vander Esch to replace Edmunds. And would prefer Perine as a power back to compliment Cook.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Dane isn't a FA this year. He is at the end of year 3. The Bills have him under contract 1 more year. 

Isaac Semuelo, Guard, Philadelphia is my #1 target. 

Yeah........Seumalo was tremendous down the stretch this season.  Excellent in the SB too.   If he can keep that up he'd be a great addition at RG and allow Bates to go back to LG.    Would cause some 1998 Joe Panos flashbacks for some though.......Former Eagles 3rd rounder of similar stature signed by Bills in UFA with high expectations to plug the RG position......

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah........Seumalo was tremendous down the stretch this season.  Excellent in the SB too.   If he can keep that up he'd be a great addition at RG and allow Bates to go back to LG.    Would cause some 1998 Joe Panos flashbacks for some though.......Former Eagles 3rd rounder of similar stature signed by Bills in UFA with high expectations to plug the RG position......

More trauma for us all to overcome 😆. On a serious note, he's my number one free agent target as well.👍

Edited by TheBeaneBandit

11 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

More trauma for us all to overcome 😆. On a serious note, he's my number one free agent target as well.👍

I just remember being astonished that they gave him 4 years/$11.5M.   The salary cap had been $40M in 1997.   Seumalo is a lot more athletic than Panos.   How much runway they have left is similar concern though because Seumalo is a lot older than Panos was.   Both had injury problems in their Eagles history.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

I really like Dalton Risner, he's projected at $7M/yr. I loved him in his draft year, he has the versatility to be OG & RT, and is nasty. Adding a FA like him would free us up to not be forced to take OL in the 1st if one falls, then take best available among WR/OL/LB/Safety.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I think you need to list them in tiers.  My hope is along these lines:

Tier 1, good sized investment- OL Ben Powers, I Seumalo, M McGlinchey

WR - OBJ, M Thomas, J Meyers, trade and pay D Hopkins, M Evans

Tier 2       LB- Vander Esch, Lavonte David, maybe Van Noy-  a good veteran LB that comes at half the price of Edmunds

Tier 3 - bargain basement, picked up after the feeding frenzies - RB and Safety

I'd like to see tier 1 and tier 2 picked up before the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I like Al-Shaair or Vander Esch to replace Edmunds. And would prefer Perine as a power back to compliment Cook.

I feel like Perine is more of what we already have in Cook and Hines.  I’d rather have a guy who is a tough runner in the elements.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Wizard said:

The Bills have a lot of players that can have contracts restructured to free up money in free agency. Based off of Spotrac, the Bills could get $30+ million under the cap.

Like other comments on this board, I don’t think Buffalo resigns Edmunds, Poyer, or even Singletary.  I think the only significant resignings are Sam Martin and Dane Jackson.

Here are players I believe could fit the Bills budget and some needs. Realistic targets could include Trai Turner at guard, Van Noy (got trucked by Allen), but he is similar size, length, and an above average coverage linebacker like Edmunds.

Guys that would cost more but could lock down a side of the OL could be McGlinchey or a DT that is larger but consistent like Dalvin Tomlinson, as Oliver and Settle/Jones are pieces likely to be gone soon.

if the Bills approach free agency in this way, the Bills would then be looking most likely at a WR, and then either a safety or interior lineman

I think they should resign Edmunds and trade Oliver,  if I am choosing one of those two.  At least Edmunds is not undersized for the position,  I just don't see Oliver wroth anything more then 10-12 mllion a season because he is too small for the position.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I think they should resign Edmunds and trade Oliver,  if I am choosing one of those two.  At least Edmunds is not undersized for the position,  I just don't see Oliver wroth anything more then 10-12 mllion a season because he is too small for the position.

I'm actually opposite on this. I think it would easier for Oliver to put on 5-10lbs than it would be for Edmunds to improve his instincts and pay him 15-20m. I can get 2 top OG's for the same cost. 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

How much are you willing to pay him?

Also, who are next two in line?

So I'd be willing to go to $13m AAV. That is about what Laken Tomlinson got last yesr from the Jets. His profile and age was similar (I like Semuelo better as a player tho). On that number Tomlinson's cap hit last year was $5.5m. I think a similar deal is doable. 

I don't love the rest of the class. I like Nate Davis a bit but don't love him and he might get more than Semuelo so that's no deal for me.

My second option is a trade with Tampa for Shaq Mason. They paid a 5th for him last year. They are now entering a likely rebuild. I reckon they might take a 5th back. He'd bring $8.5m with him but is a FA after the year, so you might be able to do a short extension and lower than number with some up front Pegula cash. 

Option 3 might be Risner from the Broncos but again I think you would have to overpay for his talent level.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Random names in no particular order:

Taylor Lewan, LT (Put him at RT?)

Isaac Seumalo, RG (Our big FA signing?)

Mike Gesicki, TE (Big target for Josh with upside?)

Rashaan Evans, LB (Cheap LB with upside on the sly?)

Leighton Vander Esch, LB (Another cheap LB, smart and instinctive- don’t give me the “he don’t fit our scheme” BS)

4 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Let Edmunds go. Not worth that kind of money. 

9 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Can Vander Esch stay healthy?? 

He missed the last three regular season games with a neck issue. Plus he had surgery on his neck previously. He’s had neck issues since his college days. Broken collarbone in 2020. He’s an injury waiting to happen. I’d pass. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.