Who would be your free agency targets?

Wizard

The Bills have a lot of players that can have contracts restructured to free up money in free agency. Based off of Spotrac, the Bills could get $30+ million under the cap.

Like other comments on this board, I don’t think Buffalo resigns Edmunds, Poyer, or even Singletary.  I think the only significant resignings are Sam Martin and Dane Jackson.

Here are players I believe could fit the Bills budget and some needs. Realistic targets could include Trai Turner at guard, Van Noy (got trucked by Allen), but he is similar size, length, and an above average coverage linebacker like Edmunds.

Guys that would cost more but could lock down a side of the OL could be McGlinchey or a DT that is larger but consistent like Dalvin Tomlinson, as Oliver and Settle/Jones are pieces likely to be gone soon.

if the Bills approach free agency in this way, the Bills would then be looking most likely at a WR, and then either a safety or interior lineman

Al-Shaair - LB from SF.  Cheaper Edmunds replacement.  He can do a lot of the things Edmunds can do and has been overshadowed by two studs in SF.  A guy poised for a breakout in his next stop.  

D’onte Foreman - Be a nice compliment as a RB to Cook.  He can catch, runs with purpose and can pick up tough yards.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

The Bills have a lot of players that can have contracts restructured to free up money in free agency. Based off of Spotrac, the Bills could get $30+ million under the cap.

Like other comments on this board, I don’t think Buffalo resigns Edmunds, Poyer, or even Singletary.  I think the only significant resignings are Sam Martin and Dane Jackson.

Here are players I believe could fit the Bills budget and some needs. Realistic targets could include Trai Turner at guard, Van Noy (got trucked by Allen), but he is similar size, length, and an above average coverage linebacker like Edmunds.

Guys that would cost more but could lock down a side of the OL could be McGlinchey or a DT that is larger but consistent like Dalvin Tomlinson, as Oliver and Settle/Jones are pieces likely to be gone soon.

if the Bills approach free agency in this way, the Bills would then be looking most likely at a WR, and then either a safety or interior lineman

The two bolded targets feel potentially expensive in FA. At least mid-tier. I say that without looking them up, but relying on my recollections of their previous contracts. I'm thinking McGlinchey gets a SOLID OT deal with term and Tomilinson gets a deal similar to what Oliver will command. Lotta cap would be tied up in those two, unless the Bills go long with term and back-loaded with allocation. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Dane isn't a FA this year. He is at the end of year 3. The Bills have him under contract 1 more year. 

Isaac Semuelo, Guard, Philadelphia is my #1 target. 

Dane's a restricted free agent as his rookie contract was terminated when he was cut and then re-signed to the practice squad in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A clear upgrade either at the Right tackle or OG spot.

Or someone who will compete vs Gabe for the #2 WR

An in-between the tackle sort of RB that will get around 5-10 Carries game

Possibly a MLB to replace Edmunds if the Bills don’t draft one.

Possibly a safety who will compete for a starting spot along side Hyde.

Possibly someone who will compete for a roster rotational spot on the D-line.

Possibly someone who will compete for a roster spot at CB.

• Agree 1

I'd love to sign McGlinchey. He's good but not great, so I think we could afford him. Draft Mauch too. We might need to move up in the 2nd or trade down for Mauch and a receiver. Van Noy is the kind of LB I'd like us to sign, but can he play MLB? Trai Turner would be kinda like a 3rd wheel at G with Mauch, Boettger, Bates and Van Roten. Mauch, I think, is the only one that inspires me. Our other G's are backups or low end starters and that's what Turner is also. Isaac Suemalo would be OK too. Nothing special, but affordable.

Edited by GreggTX

OG would be the preference.   the Saffold experiment seems to have failed

this years playoffs have shown that offense is the way to go,  therefore go get as much offensive depth as you can, bc  the top AFC 
QBs will score on you no matter how much you spend on defense.   

• Like (+1) 1

We'll have to first see how they shift the $$$ around to get any idea on how much they will spend. There are a couple of guys I would go after though. 

Isaac Seumalo / G  - would be a huge upgrade. 

Jakobi Meyers / WR - he would take off with Josh throwing him the ball and would be a solid #2 opposite Diggs. 

If we could then land JSN or Zay Flowers in the 1st, John Michael Schmitz in the 2nd, and Jack Campbell in the 3rd? 🔥 After that BPA. I know it's a lot of wishful thinking, but yeah. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

If Edmunds and Poyer are gone realistically I think the following moves in free agency would make for not having any real drop off on D and let’s us invest heavily in O line in the draft:

- Sign Lavonte David to a cheaper 1-2 year deal (he’s old but still really good)

- Move Benford to Safety to play along side a healthy Hyde (draft a mid round safety or sign one later in free agency once the dust settles)

- resign Dane Jackson as a RFA

- Sign OBJ or Michael Thomas to one year prove it deal (if we can’t trade a mid round pick for Hopkins)

- there are sooooo many RB free agents. After the free for all happens sign a cheap bruiser like Perine to pick up short yardage

- Talk Gronk into coming back for one year to win a SB with his hometown team 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My tops are:

Nate Davis - OG - Titans

-or-

Will Hernandez - OG - Cardinals

Paris Campbell - WR - Colts

-or-

Robert Woods - WR - FA

Unrealistic WR pick: Mecole Hardman

Tremaine Edmunds

-or-

Germain Pratt - LB - Bengals

I don’t think we go old LB for the defense. 

They’ll sign a mid-Teir FA to compete with Spencer Brown or re-sign Q-Berry. 

They draft WR and SS in rounds one and two.

• Like (+1) 2

iOL: Isaac Seumalo (PHI), Dalton Risner (DEN), Will Hernandez (ARI)

RB: D’Onta Forman (CAR), Samaje Perine (CIN). Would still rather just draft one on day 3.

WR: OBJ on a 1 year prove it deal

MLB: Anthony Walker (CLE)

SAF: Julian Love (NYG), Taylor Rapp (LAR)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

iOL: Isaac Seumalo (PHI), Dalton Risner (DEN), Will Hernandez (ARI)

RB: D’Onta Forman (CAR), Samaje Perine (CIN). Would still rather just draft one on day 3.

WR: OBJ on a 1 year prove it deal

MLB: Anthony Walker (CLE)

SAF: Julian Love (NYG), Taylor Rapp (LAR)

Love this plan/strategy! Lots of good options/fall back plans. 👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.