Predicting where the QB's end up for 2023

Zerovoltz

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Tag, for sure. Him playing on the tag is another matter entirely. He sat out the end of the season and playoffs, he’ll be happy to sit again. I see him pushing back and not signing the tag right away. He’ll say he wants traded to a team that will pay him if the Ravens won’t. Then he either gets traded or sits until right before the season starts. That would put the Ravens in a big bind as they will have a new OC installing a new offense. 

Oh it is going to be messy. But I think the Ravens will win the game if chicken. He will play for them in 2023 IMO. I don't think he will in 2024.

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Tag, for sure. Him playing on the tag is another matter entirely. He sat out the end of the season and playoffs, he’ll be happy to sit again. I see him pushing back and not signing the tag right away. He’ll say he wants traded to a team that will pay him if the Ravens won’t. Then he either gets traded or sits until right before the season starts. That would put the Ravens in a big bind as they will have a new OC installing a new offense. 

I called Lamar crazy when he didn't sign a contract after Josh signed his.  It would of been a notch above Josh's and he was at

his peak worth.  So, I guess he could be crazy enough to sit and cause more drama.

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

Lamar would be a perfect fit for the 49ers.

As a thrower - I can see that - the routes he struggles with - the fades, the deep outs, the corner routes... the 49ers rarely use them they throw short to the outside and then largely inside the numbers where Lamar is good. 

The problem would be how much the 9ers pass from under center. The Ravens have been under center the lowest % in the NFL during Lamar's time. He operates almost totally from pistol and shotgun. The 49ers are top 5 under center and to make the stretch zone run game go you really need to be under center a lot because the mesh point is what puts the edge defenders in a bind. You can do some pistol and Shanahan is as creative a play designer as they come. But I think that would be the challenge. The impact that Lamar's discomfort under center would have on the run game. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

If Lamar gets traded doesn't that make Baltimore a top spot for a veteran QB? They have a good defense and have routinely been a playoff team. Someone like Carr would prefer to go there over the Jets I'm assuming

It will come down to timing.  Carr may be signed to a team before all that would happen in Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

If Lamar gets traded doesn't that make Baltimore a top spot for a veteran QB? They have a good defense and have routinely been a playoff team. Someone like Carr would prefer to go there over the Jets I'm assuming

Tough to say as they don't have a great WR core and a new OC. I fully expect them to franchise tag him and see how he does in a traditional offense. If he excels and stays healthy he gets a long term extension. If not he walks in 2024.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

I think there is a real chance that the Bears move on from Fields.  He could end up in Atlanta, Carolina or New Orleans.  Bears use their number one overall pick to select a QB or trade down a few spots and still take a QB plus collect a few more picks.  If Chicago plays this correctly, they can reload at QB and collect a few more early round picks to rebuild their pathetic roster.

8 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I think there is a real chance that the Bears move on from Fields.  He could end up in Atlanta, Carolina or New Orleans.  Bears use their number one overall pick to select a QB or trade down a few spots and still take a QB plus collect a few more picks.  If Chicago plays this correctly, they can reload at QB and collect a few more early round picks to rebuild their pathetic roster.

IF I were running the Bears..I would move on from Fields and draft a QB.  But...I think they'll just take picks and keep him.  (Mistake)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Rodgers - Stays with Packers ... Isn't the dead cap on a trade 40 million ?

Brady - Dolphins ... Just a year later than they wanted him. Tua may be in concussion protocol for life after last season.

Carr - Jets

Mayfield - Saints

Garopolo - Raiders

Texans - Draft Young

Colts - Draft Levis

Ravens - Draft Stroud

Bucs - Draft Richardson

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.