Bills 2023 schedule 7th hardest (based off of 2022 opponents)

BillsFan619

I know teams can look different from one year to the next but this is based off of 2022 opponents.

The Dolphins have the second hardest schedule.

The Patriots are tied for the third hardest schedule.

The Jets are right in front of us as the sixth hardest schedule.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-2023-schedule-7th-hardest-161535339.html

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bills had the sixth hardest end-of-season strength of schedule in the league in 2022 and finished 13-3.

Even IF that proves to be an accurate forecast, I'm not worried. Bills are elite.

Pretty amazing we went 13-3 with a bad HC and two terrible coordinators and very little talent on offense and defense.

I think it's a miracle.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

I know teams can look different from one year to the next but this is based off of 2022 opponents.

It’s really only a testament to our division. We have to perform better in the playoffs. I’m not worried about getting there. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

About right. The afce has to face the nfce. I think I saw 10 of our games are against playoff teams.  We're not winning 13 this year.  But we will be battle tested.

We were battle tested this year and what'd that get us? A defense that had half its starters injured and a tired team come playoff time. No thanks. Give me an easy schedule like 2021. They can meander through the regular season like they did that year and be fresh as a daisy come playoff time and almost completely healthy. Once you have an experienced team, especially at QB, that has been in some big games being battle tested is overrated imo.

35 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

We were battle tested this year and what'd that get us? A defense that had half its starters injured and a tired team come playoff time. No thanks. Give me an easy schedule like 2021. They can meander through the regular season like they did that year and be fresh as a daisy come playoff time and almost completely healthy. Once you have an experienced team, especially at QB, that has been in some big games being battle tested is overrated imo.

Trust me we all would prefer an easier schedule but we have no control.   We need a calmer year with less drama and injuries.  Playoff teams like Tampa, NYG, LAC, and Dallas don't terrify me.  The bottom line is Josh needs to be able to play under less stress and duress.  Beane better have an amazing off season.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Trust me we all would prefer an easier schedule but we have no control.   We need a calmer year with less drama and injuries.  Playoff teams like Tampa, NYG, LAC, and Dallas don't terrify me.  The bottom line is Josh needs to be able to play under less stress and duress.  Beane better have an amazing off season.

I can tell by your post that you are starting to calm down from the Cincy loss. That's good to see, good to have you back LA.🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I can tell by your post that you are starting to calm down from the Cincy loss. That's good to see, good to have you back LA.🙂

Yeah I was pretty pissed. Oh well as other more level headed posters accurately said you gotta just stop, breathe and realize life is too short. Josh is going to get us one.  Just gotta wait for everything to line up.

The schedules of Miami, the Jets and NE are technically tougher because it is tougher for them to play buffalo than for Buffalo to play them.  Throw out the game with each other, and I think it's likely, Buffalo's schedule is tougher than those of the Bills' AFC East opponents.  That's the way the league has designed scheduling to work.  The better a team's record, the tougher their non division schedule is supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah I was pretty pissed. Oh well as other more level headed posters accurately said you gotta just stop, breathe and realize life is too short. Josh is going to get us one.  Just gotta wait for everything to line up.

I agree. Even the mighty Brady & Belichick duo once went a decade in between Super Bowl wins. Now they did already have 3 to cushion the blow, but I guarantee Pats fans were saying alot of the same things as they kept failing to get #4 year after year. They went on to win 3 out of the next 5 after that. I bring that up just to show that even the all-time greats need things to fall just right, in order to win it all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s when teams play each other and injuries and such. Who looked at winning at the Detroit Lions as a big road win this time last year.
Philly for example just lost both coordinators and do to cap issues are likely to get raided in free agency so what we see now really doesn’t matter much. 

Yeah alot of players and coaches will be shuffling around over the next few weeks. I'd love to poach Seumalo off of Phillys hands. It's absolutely critical that McB focuses hard on offense this offseason.  

3 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

The schedules of Miami, the Jets and NE are technically tougher because it is tougher for them to play buffalo than for Buffalo to play them.  Throw out the game with each other, and I think it's likely, Buffalo's schedule is tougher than those of the Bills' AFC East opponents.  That's the way the league has designed scheduling to work.  The better a team's record, the tougher their non division schedule is supposed to be.

Exactly 

16 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree. Even the mighty Brady & Belichick duo once went a decade in between Super Bowl wins. Now they did already have 3 to cushion the blow, but I guarantee Pats fans were saying alot of the same things as they kept failing to get #4 year after year. They went on to win 3 out of the next 5 after that. I bring that up just to show that even the all-time greats need things to fall just right, in order to win it all. 

We need a legitimate O line.  That was our biggest weakness.  Other then Morse, all those guys, starters and backups are replaceable.  Including Dawkins.  He is average at best.  Foolish to think we were going to the Super Bowl with this line.  If Beane can improve the line substantially and add a few more pieces here and there, there is no reason we can not be a Championship team.

20 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

9 games against teams in the postseason this year, including both Super Bowl teams and Cincy.  We will be tested often.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.