The pic that ruined my morning. Starting to have similar feelings for Mahomes as I did for Brady

StHustle

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Why not? You don’t think he’s going to get better let’s trade him look Lamar is going to fetch 2 ones imagine what Josh would get

That would be a steal.  He's worth more than the Watson trade. 

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Every offseason Josh has improved in some area. For those saying “I wish Josh had these easy throws Mahomes has” well, he does, he just opts not to take them. Mahomes has learned to take those easy pitch and catches, keep the chains moving. One thing that is inarguable between the two is that Mahomes does have a vastly superior OL, but I hope Josh dedicates this offseason to the mental approach of the game. Pre and post snap processing. Hopefully he’s poring over tape, like it’s an obsession. 

I’m sorry but watching the game last night, it seems like both QBs were dishing the ball to play makers who, made plays. 

For JA, HE is the playmaker as we have no play makers, so all plays are 100% on him to make. 

We need an Oline 1st but damn it would be nice to have another threat on the field

3 hours ago, arcane said:

I don't hate Pat. I just want 1.

I want 10! 

Lol

With 17 we'll be in the hunt every year. Lot of Beane bashing going on. Don't forget he drafted arguably the best qb in the game,  in his first draft nonetheless 

Edited by JerseyBills

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

BAD201-E4-4-BD4-49-BB-8-A87-BCFC3-E16-AA

No he’s not in our division and yes we beat them at a decent clip in regular season contests but I still get that 🤮 feeling when I see this dudes face on the sidelines and hear the media worship him. He did nothing Amazing last night imo. If not for a freak untouched fumble by Hurts this game ends differently. History won’t remember it that way tho 😥

He is the best quarterback in the league, and it is not even close.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

I’m sorry but watching the game last night, it seems like both QBs were dishing the ball to play makers who, made plays. 

For JA, HE is the playmaker as we have no play makers, so all plays are 100% on him to make. 

We need an Oline 1st but damn it would be nice to have another threat on the field

This is clearly hyperbole and has been discussed over and over with the comparisons of Mahomes’ weapons vs Allen’s. Maybe you mean we need a scheme that can get players wide open like those two inside out TDs. Any of our weapons could make those plays. Another game breaker on offense would be nice, but so would tighter execution of the plays that are available to be made. 

• Like (+1) 1

A very large (surprisingly so, to me) portion of this board wanted the Chiefs to win because, among other reasons, they can't stand Philly fans.

Think this — and all the stuff we're going to hear forever about how great Mahomes is — is better than celebrating a Philly win?

No amount of rings will make him not sound like a frog or walk like a duck, just like how Brady still pees sitting down with 7.

On a serious note, the Chiefs were one of the least talented teams in the AFC playoffs this year. Coaching, injury luck and not beating themselves led to a ring. Not overwhelming talent. Very Patriots like, game of attrition many years.

Edited by LEBills

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

No he’s not in our division and yes we beat them at a decent clip in regular season contests but I still get that 🤮 feeling when I see this dudes face on the sidelines and hear the media worship him. He did nothing Amazing last night imo. If not for a freak untouched fumble by Hurts this game ends differently. History won’t remember it that way tho 😥

2x MVP, 2x Super Bowl MVP, and 2X Super Bowl Champion. It's Mahomes' league and he allows the rest of those guys to play in it. 

I love everything about the kid. Especially the part where the Bills didn't draft him and rode with Tyrod Taylor instead. It's cool, we got Tre White tho.

While I’m sick of the Chiefs, I don’t hate them. They are great and it’s not their problem if opposing team fanbases are sick of them. If you don’t like it, then beat them. 

As others have said, it’s Mahomes league now. Unless or until someone else steps it up and proves otherwise by wrestling it away from him. Sure, there are many other variables that go into team success that the Bills must also improve on (e.g., better coaching, roster/personnel decisions), but everyone is chasing Mahomes and the Chiefs at this point. Any conversation suggesting anyone other than Mahomes is the league’s best QB is just silly at this point. 

All of this is coming from someone who loves Josh and wouldn’t trade him for anyone in the league. Josh is 100% on Mahomes level physically (in fact, he’s more of a specimen than Mahomes), but the organization needs to do better (like the Chiefs have done) with building around Josh and putting him in better situations to succeed. Which isn’t breaking news to anyone on this site. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Allen has one playmaker in Diggs. That is why we need an upgrade at WR-2 so he can have at least 2 playmakers to work with. Improving the OL should be priority #1 for Beane.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Yes...you trade a first ballot future HOF'er for "hope" you draft someone better.  Have you taken any psychedelic drugs lately?

I agree with all of it.  Allen needs to stop feeling like he has to make something happen on every play because his players aren't getting open enough or the coaching staff isn't giving him enough easy answers.  He also needs to get better at taking the easy answers when they are there.

This narrative drives me nuts. The staff needs to get better. The WR group needs to get better. The OL needs to get better. I don't shy away from any of that one bit. But to say that the issue with Allen is that he feels the weight of the world/everybody letting him down just isn't true. Allen has issues with seeing the field and decision making. His freak athleticism makes up for a lot of it. 

I watch the All-22 every week. And every week there are plays like the link below. Where live it looks like Allen HAS to thread the needle to Davis in the end zone because "nobody is open", and Dawkins didn't block the DE long enough. Or last night with KC's walk in TD "Why can't we give Allen that". We literally do, and he doesn't see it, or doesn't throw it in favor of the circus/throw and catch. 

I love Josh Allen, but every week I see plays like below over and over again. He needs to figure that out if we are going to catch Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

https://imgur.com/a/PG2vZc7

Edit: Sure that is great when you hit Davis like that in a super tight window for a TD. But it is a low percentage throw.When you inevitably start to miss those throws based on the general nature of them, you start to really stall a team for drives, games, or even seasons at a time. 

Edited by Mango
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

This narrative drives me nuts. The staff needs to get better. The WR group needs to get better. The OL needs to get better. I don't shy away from any of that one bit. But to say that the issue with Allen is that he feels the weight of the world/everybody letting him down just isn't true. Allen has issues with seeing the field and decision making. His freak athleticism makes up for a lot of it. 

I watch the All-22 every week. And every week there are plays like the link below. Where live it looks like Allen HAS to thread the needle to Davis in the end zone because "nobody is open", and Dawkins didn't block the DE long enough. Or last night with KC's walk in TD "Why can't we give Allen that". We literally do, and he doesn't see it, or doesn't throw it in favor of the circus/throw and catch. 

I love Josh Allen, but every week I see plays like below over and over again. He needs to figure that out if we are going to catch Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

Allen can do no wrong. With Mahomes’ OL, vastly superior supporting cast, and legendary coaches, he’d have at least 3 SBs to Mahomes’ 2. 

/s 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

I respect the greatness that is Mahomes.  I don't harbor any hostility because he has gotten the job done.  Where I get annoyed is when people want to annoit Burrow over Allen when Burrow has not won anything yet, just like Allen.  

Put Allen on Cincy or KC and he shatters the NFL total yards record by at least 500 yards.  

Allen is without question the 2nd best QB in the NFL, he can do things no one else can do, even over Mahomes (more so with his legs as they can both do everything each other can with their arms).  But Allen is saddled with a terrible OL, no one outside Diggs to rely on, and most importantly an OC who was clueless in so many areas.  Just watching both the Eagles and Chiefs this post season, its stunning how much more creativity their offensive play calling has.  Its stunning how much more significantly their offenses utilize the players strengths on their respective offenses.  It's stunning how easy it is for them to scheme guys open.  

I have never been a fire them guy...I like continuity unless the person is clearly not the right person for the job.  Frazier has proven that already, I want to move on from him.  Dorsey has only been an OC one year, so he has plenty of room to grow...BUT...WHY GAMBLE ALLEN AND DIGGS PRIME YEARS on an inexperienced OC who has to learn on the job that just struggled with all the things above and showed really bad situational awareness as well in how he called games?  

Dorsey may go on to be a great OC, maybe a great HC one day...but he is NOT there yet.  This is a Super Bowl ready team, it should be in the hands of someone who has already learned on the job and has the PROVEN playbook to take the offense to the next level. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

Edit: Sure that is great when you hit Davis like that in a super tight window for a TD. But it is a low percentage throw.When you inevitably start to miss those throws based on the general nature of them, you start to really stall a team for drives, games, or even seasons at a time. 

To be fair to Big Turk, the post says Josh FEELS he needs to make the big play rather than HAS to make the big play. I think they're saying the same thing as you, but perhaps with a different reason behind it. Is it because Josh doesn't trust the O Line so thinks he has to go with his first read rather than read the field? Or is it because he has basic issues reading the field, no matter the protection, which impacts his game.

One would be fixed with an improved O Line. The other will not, though eradicate that excuse.

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think Josh's biggest problem is his biggest asset which is the ability to make the "hero ball" play.  He's so confident in that ability I think it causes him to believe he can do almost the impossible so he holds onto the ball too long and take too many hits and pass up the easy play or short gain to move the chains or get some positive yardage.  With most other QB's, the thought of attempting to make some sort of out of this world play doesn't even go through their minds.  They just instinctively dump it off or take the sure thing.  The first couple games of the season he was doing the little things but he regressed during the season and the coaches never settled him back into it or reined in those plays.  

The Bills problems are the talent level of the players that surround Allen and if you put Mahomes (or Burrow or any other top QB) on the Bills offense the result isn't going to be better,  It would probably be worse.  You take the starting 10 of the offense excluding the QB position of the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals and choose the best starter at each of the 10 other positions and how many Bills do you pick?  Maybe Diggs.  The 3 of the other 10 Chase, Kelsey, Higgins.  How about the offensive line and the RB position?      

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.