Help dismantle the Chiefs

Yantha

24 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Dismantle the chiefs lol they had like 7 rookies starting on defense, Mahomes with a high ankle sprain, and traded away the best wr in the game and still won superbowl. 

I mean - you can't.  Yet anyway.  They can free up a lot of cap space with a frank clark release.  Their defense has...

Karlaftis, Gay, Bolton, Watson, Sneed, McDuffie all starting and on rookie contracts.  There's 4 other LBs and DBs behind them also on rookie deals.   Cutting Clark makes a hole, but its to keep the offensive line together.  

They lose JuJu, Brown, Wylie.  But cutting Clark can probably bring back Brown and Wylie.  Only reason i do this is because Clark's cap hit is 30 million and he's not a 30M player.  Now you just need a WR and a Pass rusher - 2 hardest things to fill.  I'd probably dedicate remaining cap space to one pass rusher 

They have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds, and 12 overall.  They don't have that many open spots, but i'd expect a WR or two.  A pass rusher or two (interior and edge).  Linemen.  They're definitely going to use this draft to stack up their depth across several positions.  

8 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I mean - you can't.  Yet anyway.  They can free up a lot of cap space with a frank clark release.  Their defense has...

Karlaftis, Gay, Bolton, Watson, Sneed, McDuffie all starting and on rookie contracts.  There's 4 other LBs and DBs behind them also on rookie deals.   Cutting Clark makes a hole, but its to keep the offensive line together.  

They lose JuJu, Brown, Wylie.  But cutting Clark can probably bring back Brown and Wylie.  Only reason i do this is because Clark's cap hit is 30 million and he's not a 30M player.  Now you just need a WR and a Pass rusher - 2 hardest things to fill.  I'd probably dedicate remaining cap space to one pass rusher 

They have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds, and 12 overall.  They don't have that many open spots, but i'd expect a WR or two.  A pass rusher or two (interior and edge).  Linemen.  They're definitely going to use this draft to stack up their depth across several positions.  

Exactly. They will find the next Hill in this upcoming draft and we're screwed for another 10 years. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Exactly. They will find the next Hill in this upcoming draft and we're screwed for another 10 years. 

They traded for Toney - he is their next Hill.  Maybe they didn't use him a ton as he didn't have a training camp with him.  They also have Moore who will fit in the slot... MVS as a deep threat.  Plus a ton of draft capital.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

On 2/13/2023 at 6:43 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

First you need to dismantle the Bills because there is no cap space to poach anyone. 

I'm not sure if it's accurate, but I saw the Bills have 21 million. 

I'll never come close to saying I understand cap management.  lol.

Just hoping that the right guys will be allowed to walk as UFA's and that will give us SOME money to work with.

3 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

May as well go after their 11 draft picks this year too, they seem to hit on most of theirs

Do they? If people here think Buffalo uses alot of draft capital on defense they should look at what KC has used in the last 5 years.

2022 Draft

Round 1 21st pick CB

Round 1, 30th pick DE

Round 2, 62nd pick S

Round 3, 103rd pick LB

Round 4, 135th pick CB

Round 7, 243rd pick CB

Round 7, 259th pick S

7 of their 10 picks went to defense,  including (2) 1sts and 5 in the first 4 rounds. 

2 out of their first 3 picks in 2021 went to defense, including their top pick.

4 of their 6 picks in 2020 went to defense.

3 of their 6 picks, including their 2nd, 3rd & 4th picks in 2019 went to defense.

5 of the 6 picks, including their first 5, in 2018.

That's 21 of their last 34 picks, including a majority of their picks in the 1st 4 Rounds went to defense. Shouldn't they be alot better than they are on defense if they hit on most of their picks?

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Agree 1

On 2/13/2023 at 6:43 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

First you need to dismantle the Bills because there is no cap space to poach anyone. 

I wouldn't use the word "dismantle" but we are going to see some of this, don't worry.

I can see Poyer and Edmunds both going, maybe more big names as well.  

Then again, I am afraid they are REALLY committed to making Edmunds work...so God only know how that will play out.  Some are talking about him making mega money.

I pray to God we don't sign that guy for a huge K.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Do they? If people here think Buffalo uses alot of draft capital on defense they should look at what KC has used in the last 5 years.

2022 Draft

Round 1 21st pick CB

Round 1, 30th pick DE

Round 2, 62nd pick S

Round 3, 103rd pick LB

Round 4, 135th pick CB

Round 7, 243rd pick CB

Round 7, 259th pick S

7 of their 10 picks went to defense,  including (2) 1sts and 5 in the first 4 rounds. 

3 of their 6 picks, including their 2nd, 3rd & 4th picks in 2019 went to defense.

That's 21 of their last 34 picks, including a majority of their picks in the 1st 4 Rounds went to defense. Shouldn't they be alot better than they are on defense if they hit on most of their picks?

They just won the Superbowl, again.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I've always wanted the Bills to take a flyer on Carlos Dunlap the dude is just always there with some pressure then Hardman would be a good add Alegritti did well didn't he ?? And finally Deon Bush i thought i heard his name a few times this season .

None of these guys would break the bank but i think they could help immensely . If my memory serves me correct in what i thought i have heard of them .

4 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

2022 Draft

Round 1 21st pick CB

Round 1, 30th pick DE

Round 2, 62nd pick S

Round 3, 103rd pick LB

Round 4, 135th pick CB

Round 7, 243rd pick CB

Round 7, 259th pick S

In 2022, Kansas City drafted Trent McDuffie (starting CB), George Karlaftis (starting DE), Jaylen Watson (starting/nickel CB), Isaiah Pacheco (starting RB) as well as Skyy Moore, Bryan Cook (starting S in 2023), Leo Chenal (starting LB in 2023), and Joshua Williams (started multiple games).  9 rookies played at least 17 snaps in the SuperBowl.  

They didn’t have a first or third round pick in 2021 due to trading it for a starting LT, and they still came away with Nick Bolton, Creed Humphrey, and Trey Smith.  All three of them would start on Buffalo.

The Chiefs will be the favorites in 2023, and half of their starters next season will have come from draft picks made as recently as the 2021 draft.  We’re not talking about some garbage team with high draft picks and a roster lacking talent.  They replaced guys like Tyron Matthieu, Charvarious Ward, and Anthony Hitchens…and got better.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 2/13/2023 at 4:38 AM, bostonadguy said:

First they need to decide they want to be on offense. Watching the play calling and schemes by KC last night and the Eagles O-line, I kept thinking our staff and front office has an asset they don’t know know how to put a true structure and identity around. they don’t know what they are.

We have a defensive mind head coach who still thinks you win with defense and uses Jedi mind tricks to convince the GM that we need to invest in more defensive players. 

Watching last night it seemed like that is what the modern NFL looks like.

a lot for our front office to learn from KC. We seem to still be a step behind.

We have an offense with no structure or identity.  We have a generational qb with a child for an OC.  And every time Andy faces us in the playoffs he just grins.

On 2/13/2023 at 8:04 AM, Shortchaz said:

Chiefs aren’t going anywhere, they’re a plug and play team at this point 

Yup. They'll adjust their scheme to the talent they have.  

Whenever Kelce hits the wall will be the real test for them.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Agree 1

On 2/13/2023 at 9:40 AM, The Jokeman said:

Orlando Brown is likely leaving which can only hurt them, JuJu is going to be looking for more money so no shock if he leaves. The only other guy that consider to be a substantial loss be McKinnon. 

I think they lose mckinnon and CEH gets a role back as the pass catching back. They lose JuJu and Hardman, but Toney and Moore probably move into the top 3 - and they have a lot of picks to add some talent to that group.  They could also dump MVS if they want to change it up further.  Brown and Wylie are gone, but they can probably bring wylie back for relatively cheap.  To me it comes down to Brown or Clark. 

All those picks add a ton of depth for them too - they need defensive linemen and pass rushers, OL depth, WR depth, a post-kelce TE plan, backup QB.  Even with all those needs and depth needs they still probably have too many picks so i expect them to move around on day two to get some guys they want.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.