Help dismantle the Chiefs

Yantha

First they need to decide they want to be on offense. Watching the play calling and schemes by KC last night and the Eagles O-line, I kept thinking our staff and front office has an asset they don’t know know how to put a true structure and identity around. they don’t know what they are.

We have a defensive mind head coach who still thinks you win with defense and uses Jedi mind tricks to convince the GM that we need to invest in more defensive players. 

Watching last night it seemed like that is what the modern NFL looks like.

a lot for our front office to learn from KC. We seem to still be a step behind.

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, bostonadguy said:

First they need to decide they want to be on offense. Watching the play calling and schemes by KC last night and the Eagles O-line, I kept thinking our staff and front office has an asset they don’t know know how to put a true structure and identity around. they don’t know what they are.

We have a defensive mind head coach who still thinks you win with defense and uses Jedi mind tricks to convince the GM that we need to invest in more defensive players. 

Watching last night it seemed like that is what the modern NFL looks like.

a lot for our front office to learn from KC. We seem to still be a step behind.

Let’s also be honest. The Chiefs have Andy Reid. He’s one of, if not the the best, offensive mind out there. Expecting us to find that is wishful thinking though we certainly can do better and McDermott and Dorsey need to figure that out this off season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

At this point I don't even know if Kelce is good. He's so freakin wide open every play that it must be the play calling. They know he is getting the ball and they still can't stop him. Even if they lost him I feel like insert in the blank TE would still be really good

• Disagree 3

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

At this point I don't even know if Kelce is good. He's so freakin wide open every play that it must be the play calling. They know he is getting the ball and they still can't stop him. Even if they lost him I feel like insert in the blank TE would still be really good

Mahomes mentioned that he told the WR's at half time "Make them cover everybody". This is part of why Kelce is so good. Mahomes will throw the ball to any receiver, at any depth, on any route.  Meanwhile we just heave the ball 30 yards down field to the same 2-3 guys over and over and over and over and over and over again. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BillsDad51 said:

Amazing how Reid used motion to get a receiver wide open for a TD, then ran same play on other side of formation to score another TD. Can Dorsey scheme that?

Dorsey might be a problem and might not… but you Go look at warners break down guys we’re open all day, just not the ones 40 yards downfield. Until that is forced into the offense - it’s going to be Mike Marx rams 

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

I mean - one of the catches someone yelled "How is he wide open?!" and then the replay you just see the guy covering him on skates slipping and falling.  

Occasionally you have to put people in man coverage - kelce is a beast of a route runner.  He's also really clever at finding soft spots in zones - he'll use your aggressiveness against you.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Occasionally you have to put people in man coverage - kelce is a beast of a route runner.  He's also really clever at finding soft spots in zones - he'll use your aggressiveness against you.  

Not the first time that sentiment has been expressed in the forums these past few seasons.

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

Help dismantle we are the ones that made this mess 😂. We traded them gave them Mahomes we took Boogie Basham over Creed Humphrey. I’m pretty sure there’s more somewhere oh yeah 13secs . McD must really love his papa Andy! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Had a conversation with my brother about this during the game, came to the conclusion they are either running exotic routes or it’s similar to how Stevie Johnson used to get open. Him and Mahomes have an arrangement where he gets to a certain area however he gets there OR he just simply runs to space. Maybe it’s a combination of multiple approaches. 

someone has to blow him up at the line with another person over top. Obviously not that simple but someone has to figure it out soon. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.