Stefon Diggs - “I watched the game five times”

BillsFan619

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I think he knows the coaches don’t have it.  

His “it’s been 3 years” response to getting over the hump is pretty telling. 

He could have said “I trust the staff to get it right or where we need to be.”

I’m not going to defend him.  I’m not going to call this disruptive either or that he’s a problem.

I am going to say this staff was finished the second that 13 seconds happened.  

I don’t think he’s to the point where he’s sure. If he was, then he’d already be asking to be traded. But I think he’s worried about the coaches and FO. He obviously loves his teammates, but he needs to see them care as much as he does. That means seeing the same effort and dedication from the other players and the staff. If he doesn’t think they are up to it, he will want to leave. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Alright well this means that there are only a handful of teams who can possibly win anything moving forward…. and the Chiefs are the only one with a QB on a big contract … because they’re doing it now that Mahomes contract kicked in. You’ve got like SF, JAX and maybe a few more? 

Bills can’t because of Allen’s contract 

Bengals won’t be able to because of Burrow and like 80% of their top players needing 2nd contracts. 

Chargers can’t once Herbert gets paid. 

Ravens can’t when Lamar gets paid. 

Vikings and Cowboys can’t because Cousins/Dak

Eagles are about to pay Hurts because he doesn’t have a 5th year option. 

The Bills, as presently constituted, have been figured out; guys like Mac Jones, Mike White, and Skylar Thompson seemingly having career days against Buffalo; no. power running game; max pressure and spy on Allen. Allen getting the crap beat out of him because he has to carry this offense far too many times. With this management and staff in place, winning, and advancing will only become harder.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Hopefully he had a very truthful one on one exit interview with Beane (McDermott is like talking to a wall) and expressed that this team needs better players around the offensive side of the ball around Josh. 

This is where Josh has the responsibility to show up in the best shape of his life, and he sets the tone, and doesn’t allow Diggs to overtalk him.

For sure I believe the Diggs brothers talked about how Stefon is the missing piece down in Dallas. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This stems from our OCs inability to scheme well, and JV level play calls and poor sequencing, resulting in Josh having to try way to hard to compensate for the above. Dorsey calls plays like one would imagine a college QB doing it and frankly it shows, I know we all hope this off season is productive in many ways to include far better offensive schemes and an O-line that can block in both pass and run situations, 🤞

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Get just one or two more guys with Diggs's determination (and/or keep em healthy...Hyde and Miller) and I don't think the team deflates quite like that.

Although, to be fair, it really did feel like the Cinci game was an unavoidable reckoning. They looked ready to romp the Bills the first time around (I know, I know, it was early in the game), and then absolutely dismantled the Bills in the divisional round. 

Nonetheless, more Diggs and less mediocrity. That's the winning formula.

It’s called A players and Buffalo has always had that distaste for talented players who expect the best.

They like the down-home, 7th round, Rudy Ruettiger kind of player. 

Beane needs a heck of an off-season, and I’ve said it multiple times, I think there is meat on the bone for Allen as well. I think he can reach another level if he hits the gym hard this off-season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

The Bills, as presently constituted, have been figured out; guys like Mac Jones, Mike White, and Skylar Thompson seemingly having career days against Buffalo; no. power running game; max pressure and spy on Allen. Allen getting the crap beat out of him because he has to carry this offense far too many times. With this management and staff in place, winning, and advancing will only become harder.

Great, great , great post. For sure. gotta change scheme / adapt or die. Can’t go half in. They started to w drafting a man corner in elam. 

• Agree 1

Diggs is doing what I would expect the coaches and GM to be doing.  NOT riding it back FFS.

SMFH,  ever wish you could just detox from this BS?  With all the expectations this year I found it very stressful, I did NOT enjoy watching football most of this year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

The Bills have dominated the NFL for 3 years and nothing to show for it.  Not even a SB appearance.  Diggs knows they are blowing their Championship window, especially now that Allen’s deal kicks in. 13 seconds was a coaching failure and the staff was so outcoached vs Cincinnati it was frightening.  Diggs should be pissed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy is the best WR the Bills have ever had. Do not get rid of him. The goal is to be better, not worse 

You can get better by subtraction. Chiefs traded Hill and were able to get better. But the Chiefs do have some luxuries the Bills do not (Kelce and and offense/QB that have proven to be able to spread the ball around).

I don’t believe Diggs would bring anywhere close to the same haul in picks as Hill.

Bills are in a bad spot right now where they need to make the team better in a number of different spots but have few resources to do so. Unfortunately things have been so mismanaged that it seems trading Diggs would neither free up enough cap space or being back enough picks to make it worth pursuing.

• Vomit 1

Not that I ever disliked Diggs, but his reaction to the Bengals game is causing me to view him with increasing respect.  I would expect any professional to be disgusted with that performance.  The drought-era teams were filled with guys who were happy just to cash a paycheck, and I thought we had gotten rid of those people back in the cap purges of 2018/2019.  Glad Diggs isn't having any of this.

9 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I'm not going to say that his attitude is anything other than someone that wants to win but at the same time, the rest of the team is/was already feeling it and adding on another emotional factor isn't what they needed.

What evidence do you have for this?

I saw a team that was checked out for the last few weeks of the season.  I think Diggs saw it too.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy is the best WR the Bills have ever had. Do not get rid of him. The goal is to be better, not worse 

Well, when the Sabres were garbage for a decade, fans wanted Eichel and Reinhart gone...and when they went, they were happy.  So you never know.

I couldn't care less what Diggs tweets; I don't do twitter for a reason. 

Get him out there and throw him the ball...he and Josh are the 2 most valuable possessions of this entire franchise.

It's not Beane, it's definitely not McDermott...and it sure ain't our offensive or defensive lines!

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. The Bills will be the same team next yr with no coaching changes. Diggs is frustrated and rightfully so. This is still a business and tough decisions need to be made for the betterment of the team. 

Agree 100%. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This stems from our OCs inability to scheme well, and JV level play calls and poor sequencing, resulting in Josh having to try way to hard to compensate for the above. Dorsey calls plays like one would imagine a college QB doing it and frankly it shows, I know we all hope this off season is productive in many ways to include far better offensive schemes and an O-line that can block in both pass and run situations, 🤞

GO BILLS!!!

Phil Sims just started that the Bills play calling inhibited Allen. Saying the play calling had no sychronicity. It was like no play set up another play. One by one individual play calls. 

47 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It’s called A players and Buffalo has always had that distaste for talented players who expect the best.

They like the down-home, 7th round, Rudy Ruettiger kind of player. 

Beane needs a heck of an off-season, and I’ve said it multiple times, I think there is meat on the bone for Allen as well. I think he can reach another level if he hits the gym hard this off-season. 

Allen certainly can play better!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Diggs is questioning whether the Bills have plateaued and can regain a championship trajectory.

Those are legitimate questions and everyone hopes the team can improve internally and take the last two steps.

Is Diggs comporting himself as a team leader should? He does have a tendency to turn up the heat in the room but sometimes that's what it takes. While I'd like to see him channel his frustrations in less-damaging ways, there's more than just one way to lead. And the Bills chances of winning a Super Bowl are greater with him than without him.

Diggs also suffers from "wide receiver frustration" which is that special helplessness they feel when the team is not scheming them up effectively and knowing that this deficiency is reducing the team's chances of winning.

In truth both the Bills and Diggs have to be just a bit better.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Diggs is doing what I would expect the coaches and GM to be doing.  NOT riding it back FFS.

SMFH,  ever wish you could just detox from this BS?  With all the expectations this year I found it very stressful, I did NOT enjoy watching football most of this year. 

I never felt like the team was elite even during the winning streak. That really had to be one of the least impressive winning streaks I've seen. Beating mostly inferior teams kind of ugly. Never seemed like the offense and defense had a complete game together. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Phil Sims just started that the Bills play calling inhibited Allen. Saying the play calling had no sychronicity. It was like no play set up another play. One by one individual play calls. 

Allen certainly can play better!

I’ve heard the same kind of analysis as Simms had from Greg Cosell who said the Bills have no offensive rhythm and the run the ball because it’s something they’re supposed to do.

But what I don’t hear is the follow up / one step further analysis that comes after that first statement.

And a thought I had on that was tempo. The Bills don’t vary tempo, instead they opt to drain every second of the play clock before snapping the ball. 

In regards to Allen, Warner’s tape showed that there are underneath routes built into the offense. Is Allen cerebral enough to take advantage of that going forward? I don’t know.

So that’s where I say, one thing he can control is his fitness and there I see and opportunity. Hope he is working with Palmer again this off-season. But I don’t know how serious he is with the diet and weight room. But I think he can do more in those areas. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.