Trevon Diggs trying to get his brother in Dallas

78thealltimegreat

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It was not reported. It is something I know to be true. You know the mic'd up footage that the Bills release after every game? Well, they don't release all the footage for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean it isn't heard by certain people that work for the team.

You might need to elaborate a little bit more. I know you aren’t one to spread BS but those comments are explosive.

If anything you say is true, Diggs is done. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

8 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

You might need to elaborate a little bit more. I know you aren’t one to spread BS but those comments are explosive.

If anything you say is true, Diggs is done. 

He isn't done. He is very frustrated with getting close and then losing. He went too far with Allen on the sidelines IMO. But he isn't demanding a trade or anything crazy like that.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It was not reported. It is something I know to be true. You know the mic'd up footage that the Bills release after every game? Well, they don't release all the footage for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean it isn't heard by certain people that work for the team.

You saying you got a guy on the inside?

8 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

You saying you got a guy on the inside?

I hear bits and pieces. Other people on the forum probably find out more than me. The story is that Allen missed a throw to Diggs in practice a couple times but told him don't worry he would hit it for real in the game. But he missed it. So Diggs blew up at him on the sideline and said "what's your excuse now, Josh?" I don't know anything beyond that. Someone else on here said Allen and Diggs got into a bit of a spat after the game, and it was reported that Diggs left the facility early. He's an emotional guy. Hates to lose. He needs to do a better job keeping his emotions in check though. There's a fine line between hating to lose and being a distraction.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I hear bits and pieces. Other people on the forum probably find out more than me. The story is that Allen missed a throw to Diggs in practice a couple times but told him don't worry he would hit it for real in the game. But he missed it. So Diggs blew up at him on the sideline and said "what's your excuse now, Josh?" I don't know anything beyond that. Someone else on here said Allen and Diggs got into a bit of a spat after the game, and it was reported that Diggs left the facility early. He's an emotional guy. Hates to lose. He needs to do a better job keeping his emotions in check though. There's a fine line between hating to lose and being a distraction.

How reliable are these ppl. The only way to know any of that is to have a source on the staff

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't agree, there is only hating to lose.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Fair enough.  Do you work for the team, and that is how you know it to be true?

34 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

How reliable are these ppl. The only way to know any of that is to have a source on the staff

It's not only a source on the staff, but a source in the right place at the right time on the staff.

A lot of workplaces are like small towns, by which I mean the game of "telephone" is rampant - Fred hears something and tells Joe who interprets it and tells Dave who tells Mark, and by the time Mark hears it the context is stripped out and a few interpretations have been folded in.   I don't know what a football team is like, but it would seem to have all the earmarks of this.

I don't think the visible sideline spat was after a missed throw.

I love the passion Diggs shows, and IMO, him yelling at Allen on the sidelines isn't "humiliating" to anyone. At least someone was awake for that game. That was a total WTF performance from the entire team, including the coaching staff. 

They got CURB STOMPED at home by the same Bengals team that should have lost to the Ravens with Huntley at QB AND who had lost 2 starting OL before coming here.  They did whatever they wanted and the Bills had ZERO answers. The game wasn't even as close as 17 points suggested. 

Diggs is a freaking DAWG! Now let's sign a few OL with that same attitude and ability and go light some SOBs up next year!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He isn't done. He is very frustrated with getting close and then losing. He went too far with Allen on the sidelines IMO. But he isn't demanding a trade or anything crazy like that.

Stefon Diggs may not be demanding a trade or anything crazy like that (and the Bills would take way too much dead cap to trade him) - but his brother Trevon Diggs is certainly banging that drum "til he got blisters on his hand"

On 2/13/2023 at 12:53 AM, HappyDays said:

I know what was said, and it was not constructive criticism. Diggs said "what's your excuse now, Josh?" Allen intentionally didn't engage because he didn't want to escalate the situation. They got in a spat after the game and then Diggs hurriedly left the facility instead of going to be with his teammates after a tough loss. And now he's going on a media tour fanning the flames. It isn't a good look no matter how you slice it. I hope he calms down and makes up with Allen. We have enough problems to worry about this offseason without also worrying about our #1 WR being happy.

I thought it seemed like something was going on with Diggs and Allen last season.

I think many of us noticed a change. He had a number of outbursts on the sidelines. I didn’t see him picking Allen up and encouraging him on the sidelines like he used to. I didn’t see all the buddy/buddy interviews with him and Allen as much after games, or Diggs “photo bombing” Allen interviews joking around and stuff. I also didn’t see Diggs pictured away from the facilities with teammates this past season. He used to always be in the Instagram photos with Allen and other teammates hanging out. I didn’t see him in any pictures with teammates as the season went on.

I have no inside info and I’m not saying there is definitely an issue but I do feel like something changed. Don’t know what. I just hope whatever it is can be resolved like you said.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Last year in the Chiefs game when Josh made Davis look like Jerry Rice Diggs was pissed cause he wasn’t getting the ball in that game.

Allen is at the point where he can elevate any receiver he plays with as long as he gets enough work with them. I would deal Diggs for Deandre Hopkins tomorrow if I could.
I know the salary cap is going to prevent Diggs going anywhere but if l where  Josh Id let Diggs know buddy I am a lot bigger then you know my limits. 

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Stefon Diggs may not be demanding a trade or anything crazy like that (and the Bills would take way too much dead cap to trade him) - but his brother Trevon Diggs is certainly banging that drum "til he got blisters on his hand"

Already a captain?

I call BS.

My latest tracking poll has Diggs trailing Zeke 51-39% with 10% undecided 

Edited by TheFunPolice

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Josh all season long has been 50/50 with his passing.  He throws balls that are ropes that the WR has to pry out of their chest.  But then there are many balls that he threw that were behind the WR, over their heads or pathetically underthrown or flat out missed by yards and not even close.  When you have a WR that has to contort his body to the point that they can't continue forward motion that is a problem.  He has had this problem for two years now and this year it was worse than ever.

Edited by Toyo321

22 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Josh all season long has been 50/50 with his passing.  He throws balls that are ropes that the WR has to pry out of their chest.  But then there are many balls that he threw that were behind the WR, over their heads or pathetically underthrown or flat out missed by yards and not even close.  When you have a WR that has to contort his body to the point that they can't continue forward motion that is a problem.  He has had this problem for two years now and this year it was worse than ever.

The ones that frustrate me are long sideline passes that land 5 yards out of bounds. 2020 Josh Allen was a revelation, it seemed he could do no wrong. I still remember that game against the 9ers were he threw a ball over the outstretched hands of Fred Warner and dropped the pass right in the bucket. 2022 Allen was good, but didn’t seem nearly as sharp. His field awareness and vision seemed to regress as well. Don’t know what’s going on, but it isn’t all related to a change in OC. Hopefully next year will be his best yet, because it’ll probably be the weakest Bills team he’s had aside from his rookie year.

• Agree 1

On 2/13/2023 at 10:50 AM, UKBillFan said:

Think the difference is with Brady, everyone was a servant to the cause. Other than possibly Gronk, who I can’t recall him ranting at, he seemed to have a professional rather than personal relationship with the offense so tirades came across as part of the relationship.

Diggs and Josh have made a big thing of being brothers and loving each other, so when one publicly humiliates the other, it is bound to stand out for the wrong reason.

Curious if you have a brother or very close friend that you'd consider a brother? I've done this to all my brothers, all my brothers have done this to each other. Same with friends and their brothers. 

Josh has done it to his brother(left him at school and made him walk home after a public fight) and I'm sure Stef has done it to his and same back. This stuff happens and it's completely normal. 

He's a huge reason why we're near bottom of league in RAC. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I don't think Diggs has ever complained about Josh's passes not being receiver friendly. Stephon Diggs basically catches everything. I've seen him dig that laser out of his chest, make the adjustments necessary when ball placement is not great but the pass is still catchable. He's just a great receiver.

Diggs is a huge competitor. If he is unhappy about the turn of events it may be because he knows that as Josh's #1 he is not being targeted even when open and more generally I wouldn't be surprised if he is unhappy with the apparent lack of purpose, direction and identity of the O. 
If Diggs is unhappy he will let it be known. That's the kind of guy he is. Given his cred that might actually be a good thing. It might bring things to a head in a positive way. 

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Curious if you have a brother or very close friend that you'd consider a brother? I've done this to all my brothers, all my brothers have done this to each other. Same with friends and their brothers. 

Josh has done it to his brother(left him at school and made him walk home after a public fight) and I'm sure Stef has done it to his and same back. This stuff happens and it's completely normal. 

Very close friend who is akin to a brother and would never do that to him. But then, I know the mentality and the reaction if I did. So maybe I'm projecting that onto Josh and Diggs, who have a different mentality and coping mechanism to this kind of thing - if that makes sense.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:59 PM, Not at the table Karlos said:

No it’s not he did this to Kurt Cousins in Minnesota and he’s lucky Allen who is 6 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier than him didn’t stuff him in a trash can in the locker room. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.