Jessie Pegula reveals more about Kim

extrahammer

5 hours ago, corta765 said:

It explains quite well now why she hasn't been seen and I hope people understand and respect that.

I always really liked Kim and it is gutting that she won't be the same as she was, but I am happy for the Pegula's that she seems to be doing well enough to still enjoy life to some extent as a family and a mom.

She was fantastic. Looked forward to and never missed her podcasts with Maddy Glab. Ever a champion for women in sports and a member of many key League committees. I miss her terribly but am relieved she’s improving.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I have to wonder now how much of this was known to Josh Allen and how it may have contributed to the teams possible inability to stay focused. In light of the Damar Hamlin cardiac arrest this could have been a double whammy for the team in my humble opinion.

Very unsettling news :  (

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

This post insinuates that the players knew about her exact condition....I highly doubt it.

The players, coaches and staff certainly knew that she had suffered some type of health emergency.  Sometimes not knowing the exact type of emergency makes it more difficult because speculation runs rampant absent definitive information.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Figster said:

I have to wonder now how much of this was known to Josh Allen and how it may have contributed to the teams possible inability to stay focused. In light of the Damar Hamlin cardiac arrest this could have been a double whammy for the team in my humble opinion.

This was discussed earlier in this thread, and some of us believe that it would be highly unlikely that they told the players of her exact condition. Just would be too hard to keep a lid on it in the latter case....wives, girlfriends, players family members, agents, etc might get told, and then  for sure it would have leaked out. But who knows, maybe they told only a few "select" players...and that would also seem to be illogical, for it might cause exactly what you said here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I am glad she is improving.

My mom passed away unexpectedly to a similar cardiac issue on January 1st the day before Damar and it was utterly surreal to see it happen. I can understand how much seeing that would affect them. 

So sorry to hear brother. 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

The players, coaches and staff certainly knew that she had suffered some type of health emergency.  Sometimes not knowing the exact type of emergency makes it more difficult because speculation runs rampant absent definitive information.

I've been assuming this whole time that she either suffered a drug overdose or a failed suicide attempt.  Those are usually pretty safe bets when a family is extremely tight-lipped about what's going on.  I wish they had just said earlier that she had a heart attack.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

21 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

She was fantastic. Looked forward to and never missed her podcasts with Maddy Glab. Ever a champion for women in sports and a member of many key League committees. I miss her terribly but am relieved she’s improving.

Agreed. I really like that she was a champion for women in sports, I love Amy Trask and her stories when she was with the Raiders. With Kim as president it felt like the Bills had a real presence in league circles and were cutting edge in many ways. I have three nieces and for them I thought that she was a great role model for where women can go.

I would love to see Jessie do the same in the future IF she wants to as she seems to have much of the passion and charisma her mother has.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 2

Tough stuff. I have a family member dealing with this for almost 20 years. I saw Damar in person when he collapsed. To be honest after the Bengals loss I was ambivalent. It’s only a game and I’m usually p off bad when we lose. It puts life in perspective.  I think the franchises and business ventures will be in good hands if JP gets involved and is groomed.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

I am glad she is improving.

My mom passed away unexpectedly to a similar cardiac issue on January 1st the day before Damar and it was utterly surreal to see it happen. I can understand how much seeing that would affect them. 

I'm so very sorry for your loss. This day is getting sadder by the minute. Thank you for sharing

• Thank you (+1) 1

I knew she was not coming back to the business when Pegula Sports hired the high level guy from Fidelity.  He is going to partially fill her role.  Now, there is that business about primary owner in the NFL, and that needs to  be handled properly.  Pegs may have already removed her from that status and we don't know.  With this length of time, I also figured it wasn't cancer but a stroke like event.  Sad, but  pulling for her to recover further and have a good life.  

I have told it before, but ai tell some details agin.  In 2014  was having symptoms but ignored them and/or telling myself I wasn't as sick as i was.  Went to  party and people there asking me if I was OK.  Friends take to mutual friend and the next day, She talked to me on the phone for 3 hoursrs and got me to say I would go to the ER to get checked out.  Went the next day and my BP was 247/75 !!!!!!. Said they would admit me- OK. Was waiting for a room and asked why I wasn't in one.They said they were waiting for space in the ICU!!! Next day during a brain scan I had a stroke. I say I had the stroke in the best place for it to happen , while they were scanning my brain.

Don't have clear memories for the next 3 days.  Spent 3 weeks in rehab and had my brother fly back to Buffalo with me. I had aphasia for several months and had trouble finding words and names.Needed a walker for 3 months, then after the 2014 blizzard, that spring i started walking. Using a cane, I first made ⅓ of a mile, had to rest and then walk bak home. That was in March, every nice day, I walked a house further  before turning back. By labor day, I could make over a mile. 

Had aphasia where i had to search for words and names but that got better over a few months. I get dizzy if I look up too long (like looking up at trees in the woods) but it goes away when I look level.  Have a very, very , very slight weakness on my left side, but those are the only things.  Have to take 10+ pils a day (about half are for BP which is excellent if I take them). My kidney function was down to 10% at the stroke (from the high BP). I only have one-the other was removed when I was 4 (back in 1961) because of cogenial reasons. But recovered. 

I could  have died 8 years ago if the stroke had happened while I was driving or not in the hospital. This is all bonus time.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I have told it before, but ai tell some details agin.  In 2014  was having symptoms but ignored them and/or telling myself I wasn't as sick as i was.  Went to  party and people there asking me if I was OK.  Friends take to mutual friend and the next day, She talked to me on the phone for 3 hoursrs and got me to say I would go to the ER to get checked out.  Went the next day and my BP was 247/75 !!!!!!. Said they would admit me- OK. Was waiting for a room and asked why I wasn't in one.They said they were waiting for space in the ICU!!! Next day during a brain scan I had a stroke. I say I had the stroke in the best place for it to happen , while they were scanning my brain.

Don't have clear memories for the next 3 days.  Spent 3 weeks in rehab and had my brother fly back to Buffalo with me. I had aphasia for several months and had trouble finding words and names.Needed a walker for 3 months, then after the 2014 blizzard, that spring i started walking. Using a cane, I first made ⅓ of a mile, had to rest and then walk bak home. That was in March, every nice day, I walked a house further  before turning back. By labor day, I could make over a mile. 

Had aphasia where i had to search for words and names but that got better over a few months. I get dizzy if I look up too long (like looking up at trees in the woods) but it goes away when I look level.  Have a very, very , very slight weakness on my left side, but those are the only things.  Have to take 10+ pils a day (about half are for BP which is excellent if I take them). My kidney function was down to 10% at the stroke (from the high BP). I only have one-the other was removed when I was 4 (back in 1961) because of cogenial reasons. But recovered. 

I could  have died 8 years ago if the stroke had happened while I was driving or not in the hospital. This is all bonus time.

Wow!  Glad your doing so well.  

There's some medication that they use that is supposed to be very effective with stroke patients if they can get it into you in the first few hours or maybe even a day.  Since you were in the hospital, I'd bet you got it and that it contributed to what sounds like a great recovery.  I'm happy for it.  

If you don't mind talking about it, could you explain to us how it feels to be aphasic.  I understand the frustration level is huge, because your brain is thinking but you can't find words to say what you're thinking.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I had a similar, but luckily not as bad, experience when I was close to 40.

I was having severe headaches and I NEVER get headaches.  I figured it was just sinuses or something, so I pushed through it.  It got so bad one day, that it literally brought me to tears.  I didn't go to the ER, but I was able to get into the doctors' office.

When the LPN came in to do the normal weigh in, blood pressure, etc., she took my BP and said, "hmmm."  Then she tried it again.  Then she asked if she could try my other arm.  After that, she went to get another LPN, who also took my BP.  At that point, she told me that she was going to get the doctor.

When the doctor came in, she took my BP and told me that it was 225/130 and asked me how I was feeling (other than the headache).  She then did some quick tests to see if I had already suffered any kind of stroke and told me that I was at risk of having either a stroke or a heart attack at any time.

She wrote a script and told me to go directly to the pharmacy.  It was for a pill that would basically crash my BP.  She then set up an appt., to have CT scans, EKGs, etc. done and told me to go to the hospital to get those done.

Knock on wood, I've never had any issues after that (I've been BP medications ever since) and I get checkups done every 6 months.

That day was the first time I'd seen/met that doctor.  I'm 52 now and she's still my doctor.

I got very lucky that day and I maintain that she saved my life and I'll be forever grateful.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, teef said:

i have an appointment with my primary care next friday about blood pressure.  ***** this *****.

FYI. Docs may not tell you, but being a Bills fan adds 20 points to diastolic and systolic measurements. You may need a different med dosage in season.  

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.