Beane End of Year Presser

thenorthremembers

6 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Do some of you really expect him to say, "oh yeah, the axe is gonna come down, heads are rolling, we're replacing this guy and that coach and Timmy the clipboard holder he's gone too."

The expectations are absolutely absurd from some of y'all. Beane has built a consistent contender, something we hadn't seen for nearly two decades. Does he have some whiffs? Sure. They all do. No GM has a perfect track record. 

Josh had guys like Robert Foster and Zay Jones in 18 and 19. Everyone said "they need a real receiver for Josh!" Beane goes and gets Diggs. 

Everyone griped about the pass rush in 2020 and 2021. What'd Beane do? Goes out and gets a Hall of Fame pass rusher. 

They've drafted well, developed players and retained them. That is how you keep the window open. Crap happens. If they were to do a major overhaul like some of y'all want then we'd all be miserable watching this team go 8-9 for another two or three seasons. 

And I'm not saying Beane is immune to criticism, I'm saying some of ya need to allow room for error because again, no GM can be perfect. He's done a lot to address the needs of the team and with the way the cap works they have to prioritize the positions they find most important and pay those guys and hope they can get by with average or subpar players are some other spots. This is something all teams have to do. 

I know Dorsey isn't going anywhere. And yeah at times his calls weren't the best or most creative but other times it was Josh not making the best decisions and the offense not executing. As always it's a combination of things but it's just too easy for people to point at one or two people and place all the blame on them. 

That said...the one change I think I'd like to see is them moving on from Leslie Frazier. Very consistent in the regular season but when the pressure is on in the big games things just seem to fall apart. I'd like to see some more creativity on that side of the ball. 

It'll be an interesting off-season. 

Timmy the Clip board holder..... classic! 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

Sounds like his plan is to run it back with no changes or accountability to the coordinators. He just loves everyone and how great they played. I wish a reporter would actually ask him and McD difficult questions for once and grill them a bit

We did have a reporter who did that... Sullivan 😂

But he screwed the pooch with his rogue female comment. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

He did pretty well with defenders on him.  TD against Pittsburgh as an example.  

Davis just made a great TD catch last week against Miami, in a playoff game. His problem is inconsistency. The Team simply cannot depend on him to actually catch the ball. Which is WAY worse than not being open. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

The defender fell down before the pass got there because Davis had him beat by two steps.

19 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Anyway, running it back is unacceptable, but if Terry isn't holding their feet to the fire then it sounds like that's exactly what's gonna happen.

If that's the response after a disappointing end in the playoffs, then Terry ain't pushing them hard.  His mind is, understandably in some regard, occupied elsewhere.

Going back to McD's hire...he was given authority over football ops and that's the way it's remains.  His grip on what this team does in personnel, scheme, and everything in-between remains iron-clad.  Ownership won't push him to do anything.  

But, Beane's stood up there and done the subterfuge dance before.  Signed Miller out of nowhere.  We'll see. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I'm not giving up on him. He has made a lot of great receptions the past three seasons so it's clear he can do it. His issue is consistency. Zay Jones was a pass dropper too. Players do get better and can become more consistent. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Hines, with a full training camp, will help indeed.  I agree Brown is still developing and is solid at RT.   I think,reading between the lines, that Singletary is gone.  Edmunds, while they would love to have him, would be hard to keep.  If he leaves the Bills are in a deep hole defensively and next years schedule is brutal.  Overall an honest. GM terms, press conference. I am not as pessimistic as others on TBD.

Ah we say this everyone year. You do not know until the games are played what your looking at. KC/CIN will be yearly, after that PHI is great and DAL is tough. Division games are always hard. Even so look at the home piece and realistically 8-1 should be the minimum, so be a.500 road team.

Just now, Gugny said:

The defender fell down before the pass got there because Davis had him beat by two steps.

The TD in the endzone?  He literally took the ball away from the guy.  He fought for it for ten yards to wrestle it away in the end zone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

If that's the response after a disappointing end in the playoffs, then Terry ain't pushing them hard.  His mind is, understandably in some regard, occupied elsewhere.

Going back to McD's hire...he was given authority over football ops and that's the way it's remains.  His grip on what this team does in personnel, scheme, and everything in-between remains iron-clad.  Ownership won't push him to do anything.  

But, Beane's stood up there and done the subterfuge dance before.  Signed Miller out of nowhere.  We'll see. 

I mean, what's he supposed to say? People are reading too much into this. He's not going to throw anyone under the bus. It's so not his way.

• Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.