Was bringing Hamlin into locker room just a bad call...

Hebert19

I mean what benefit does that have.  If anything it gets the team emotional in the wrong way.  They came out like they had no energy...

Hamlin leading charge.  Sure.  Pumps the crowd.   Hamlin in locker room served no purpose but to remind everyone of what can happen out there.   Bad move imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3

Just now, Hebert19 said:

I mean what benefit does that have.  If anything it gets the team emotional in the wrong way.  They came out like they had no energy...

Hamlin leading charge.  Sure.  Pumps the crowd.   Hamlin in locker room served no purpose but to remind everyone of what can happen out there.   Bad move imo

I might be in the minority, but I personally wondered if that backfired.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 8

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I think more than anything it has been a distraction since it happened.  Obviously, it would be...not complaining about it.  It's just that once that happened it was going to always "be there" this season.

• Agree 2

it was 100% a bad call.  if not just specifically that incident, the way the whole thing was handled by our team and coaching staff had the squad drained and dead, saffold is on tape admitting as much.

the over social media coverage, the strange kyle brandt josh allen/buffalo love affair, they national outpouring.  all of it ended up being a distraction and the team and the coaches were fully unprepared (didn't they practice less for this game?).

low energy at a home divisional game is totally unacceptable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I questioned bringing him down at half time again. He is already around. We are all so lucky to have him back and alive.  But I’m not sure what that does there?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Enough was enough.

He is and will be fine. We (the team) didnt even harp on Kevin Everett this much and that guy was going to be affected for the rest of his life.

The thing is, we got caught up in how much the NFL PR machine had to swing the pendulum back. From "a player died" to "rah, rah, we all love each other, this player is a HERO". The Shield could not have that dirt on its image. Frankly, its why we saw the "unity" (lol) across the league.

Oh, every team changed their profile pic to a #3! Yeah, because a player dying is really bad for business so it's in the best interest of every franchise for him to pull through.

It reached Pancho Billa levels of BS.

Anyways, on to 2023...

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

What was the alternative once he told the coaches/GM that he and his family wanted to be at the game? Tell him "No, stay away?"

There are no excuses for the way they prepared, the way they played, and the way they were coached. This "we were out of juice", or "we were mentally drained" is laughable, and an insult to regular people who deal with MUCH WORSE in their lives every day, and must trudge on in order to eat and pay bills.

Yeah, maybe the Bengals had more overall talent....maybe, and that is debatable, but the Bills whole organization, save for a few players, just did one of the biggest choke jobs ever.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Since the Viking game the were not the same team and offence was not as dangerous as last season. Yes they won games against bad teams to finish the year but you need to be playing at a high level to beat top teams.  The Hamlin situation did not help but this team never got better as the season went along.  Last season from beating Patriots in England the team got better heading towards the playoffs .  The never punted against Pats in opening round playoff game and Allen had a epic game against Chiefs only to lose because of 13 sec. Defence was no better last season but our offence was loads better last year and offence is what you need come playoff time.  We don't have a defence that wins games when you only score 10 points against a Team with a top elite QB.

2 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

Why was he so buttoned up the whole time where no one can see his face? Security sure did their best to make sure no one got near him. Maybe he had some oxygen cannula/mask or something on he didn’t want anyone to see? Glad he’s up and around 

Idk it looked really weird. The video of him walking from the locker room to the elevator seemed off. I wondered if it was actually him for some reason

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Nah we just got out coached and out physicaled.  Him being there didnt help or hurt us.  I believe him showing the improvement in the hosipital a few weeks ago helped our guys mentally but not yesterday.

Im not buying this "we were exhausted" crap either.  If you are exhausted then dont play in the NFL. Im not trying to sound cruel here but exhaustion from Hamlin who came through very well, some snow, a shooting while tragic and heartbreaking... those players new none of them personally, and some guys got standard injuries every other team goes through.  Again, I am not trying to sound cruel and maybe some will think I am a heartless ####### but I assure you I have a huge heart... thats all stuff they should have gotten over or had no affect at this point of the season to exhaust them.  Maybe Hamlin but him pulling through the way he did should have invigorated them, not exhausted them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Hamlin in the shadows with medically needed mask blurry. Vader-like. But, I appreciated it on tv. 

Bengals did almost the same thing on-field 22 days ago. rather remarkable similarities and it started. We just got manhandled, out coached. Pretty simple at some level.

Edited by Since1981

2 hours ago, PaulieYayo said:

Why was he so buttoned up the whole time where no one can see his face? Security sure did their best to make sure no one got near him. Maybe he had some oxygen cannula/mask or something on he didn’t want anyone to see? Glad he’s up and around 

2 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Idk it looked really weird. The video of him walking from the locker room to the elevator seemed off. I wondered if it was actually him for some reason

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

Agree with you guys.  The whole thing seemed odd - probably because you could barely see him through the snow, and we were getting our azzes kicked at the time. 

https://www.newsweek.com/damar-hamlin-body-double-conspiracy-theory-misleading-claims-1775851?amp=1

id add this to it. Pretty odd considering if they performed CPR on him, they likely broke some ribs. Not sure how it was possible for him to be flailing his arms up and down to get the crowd pumped up with broken ribs. 

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.