Was bringing Hamlin into locker room just a bad call...

Hebert19

8 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Since the Viking game the were not the same team and offence was not as dangerous as last season. Yes they won games against bad teams to finish the year but you need to be playing at a high level to beat top teams.  The Hamlin situation did not help but this team never got better as the season went along.  Last season from beating Patriots in England the team got better heading towards the playoffs .  The never punted against Pats in opening round playoff game and Allen had a epic game against Chiefs only to lose because of 13 sec. Defence was no better last season but our offence was loads better last year and offence is what you need come playoff time.  We don't have a defence that wins games when you only score 10 points against a Team with a top elite QB.

We were just as dangerous as last year's offense, even more so on long play tds this year. We were better in the redzone last year. We averaged the same points(28.4) and gained 16 more yards per game this year over last year. Josh's number's were the same or better in every area this year vs last, but in the end very similar. He did that on 79 less attempts and his QB Rating and QBR were both 4 & 5 points higher than last year. And while you may think our schedule was weak, it was far harder than last year's weak schedule.

The ending to the season last year is nothing like you remember with the exception of the big win in NE(week 16) which allowed us to win the division. Before that we beat 5-12 Carolina(week 15) at home 31-14. And lost to Tampa(week 14) in OT in the game were we down 24-3 at halftime.

Then we struggled pretty badly with the 7-10 Falcons(week 17) at home. We trailed 15-14 late in the 3rd before pulling ahead and Josh had his worst game as a pro. We were one dumb taunting penalty by Matt Ryan, that negated a td play no less, from them being down 1 score in the 4th quarter. In week 18 vs the 4-13 Jets at home. Again we struggled against a very bad team. We were only up 3 mid way through the 4th before scoring a couple late tds in the back half of the quarter.

As for Josh...in 4 of the 6 games in December and January last year he failed to hit 56% of his passes. The Atlanta game in week 17 he completed only 42.3% of his passes, 0 tds, 3 ints and his lowest QB Rating of his career of 17.0. We were not playing well, nor was Josh at the end of the year except the 2nd half of the Tampa game through the NE game. But those games were in weeks 14-16, we struggled in the last 2 games.

The plain and simple fact is the offense clicked once the playoffs began, but it was way more like someone flipped a switch, than a steady improvement or hey we found our offense in December and January before the playoffs began. They were also the pissed off ones last year playing NE in round 1 because they were still mad NE beat them in the wind storm game. This year the Bengals came in pissed off and they won. Maybe there's something to that?

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Figster said:

As do I John

I think its a fair question to ask with all due respect to the folks that may find it a little difficult to discuss.

Myself personally, I think the heart of the Buffalo Bills simply stayed with Damar Hamlin. It never left his side.  I'm not sure there is anything you could do to change it. 

I think the site of one of their comrades dying on the football field, and then being resuscitated stuck with them

• Agree 1

I don't want to criticize him too much, because he went through something traumatic and his emotions are probably all over the place, but his decisions to both constantly shield his face and play into the conspiracy theories on social media (taking picture in front of his mural with face completely obscured, captioned "Clone") are pretty bizarre. What is the point of that?

7 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

There are people in this thread straight up questioning that it was actually Hamlin at the game. Genuinely some of the dumbest comments I have seen in the history of this board. I’m upset about the loss also but goddamn, look in the mirror at yourself and say what you just said. Buhhhh I wonder if it was actually even really Damar buhhhh. Please don’t ever have children. 

Critical thinking in this country is dead. We have far greater problems than winning a Super Bowl. 

Some may argue that what you are saying, and the manner in which you are saying it, is the death rattle of critical thinking “in this country”.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This seems to be one of those "hey, we lost, let's throw out every possible reason we lost because it's a forum and starting threads is a stat or something" posts.

He has a long road ahead. He's a member of the team. If he wants to be there & the doctor says it's ok, he should be there. I can't believe that his presence had anything to do with whatever malaise afflicted the team.

Edited by pocoboy

8 hours ago, mrags said:

https://www.newsweek.com/damar-hamlin-body-double-conspiracy-theory-misleading-claims-1775851?amp=1

id add this to it. Pretty odd considering if they performed CPR on him, they likely broke some ribs. Not sure how it was possible for him to be flailing his arms up and down to get the crowd pumped up with broken ribs. 

Not necessarily on the ribs. I read that they used the AED machine. Not sure how long they did manual chest compressions. Also they were done by a professional, not someone off the street who took a first aid class six years ago. 

Edited by BarleyNY

19 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Some may argue that what you are saying, and the manner in which you are saying it, is the death rattle of critical thinking “in this country”.

I don’t see any critical thinking in this or most other conspiracy theories. For instance, in this case a little bit of critical thinking debunks it. Hamlin went to the locker room and spoke to the team at least twice. The odds of everyone in and around that locker room (players, trainers, coaches, media, etc) being in on a conspiracy to pretend Hamlin was there and managing to keep quiet about it is effectively zero. There’s also the point that there is really nothing for anyone to gain by having someone impersonate him. Critical thinking involves the application of logic, not the thought that “anything could’ve happened so I’m just going to believe what I want!”

Edited by BarleyNY

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Not necessarily on the ribs. I read that they used the AED machine. Not sure how long they did manual chest compressions. Also they were done by a professional, not someone off the street who took a first aid class six years ago. 

His age would be a likely reason if he avoided broken ribs. Compressions might need to be stronger if he builds his sternum through weight training, but his bone composition would be better as a young man.

23 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I don’t see any critical thinking in this or most other conspiracy theories. For instance, in this case a little bit of critical thinking debunks it. Hamlin went to the locker room and spoke to the team at least twice. The odds of everyone in and around that locker room (players, trainers, coaches, media, etc) being in on a conspiracy to pretend Hamlin was there and managing to keep quiet about it is effectively zero. There’s also the point that there is really nothing for anyone to gain by having someone impersonate him. Critical thinking involves the application of logic, not the thought that “anything could’ve happened so I’m just going to believe what I want!”

I will choose to believe he was there, and this isn’t some super weird body double situation that everyone is in on…

….but if anyone wanted to create the illusion that something strange is going on, he/they are doing everything possible to give that illusion. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

We were just as dangerous as last year's offense, even more so on long play tds this year. We were better in the redzone last year. We averaged the same points(28.4) and gained 16 more yards per game this year over last year. Josh's number's were the same or better in every area this year vs last, but in the end very similar. He did that on 79 less attempts and his QB Rating and QBR were both 4 & 5 points higher than last year. And while you may think our schedule was weak, it was far harder than last year's weak schedule.

The ending to the season last year is nothing like you remember with the exception of the big win in NE(week 16) which allowed us to win the division. Before that we beat 5-12 Carolina(week 15) at home 31-14. And lost to Tampa(week 14) in OT in the game were we down 24-3 at halftime.

Then we struggled pretty badly with the 7-10 Falcons(week 17) at home. We trailed 15-14 late in the 3rd before pulling ahead and Josh had his worst game as a pro. We were one dumb taunting penalty by Matt Ryan, that negated a td play no less, from them being down 1 score in the 4th quarter. In week 18 vs the 4-13 Jets at home. Again we struggled against a very bad team. We were only up 3 mid way through the 4th before scoring a couple late tds in the back half of the quarter.

As for Josh...in 4 of the 6 games in December and January last year he failed to hit 56% of his passes. The Atlanta game in week 17 he completed only 42.3% of his passes, 0 tds, 3 ints and his lowest QB Rating of his career of 17.0. We were not playing well, nor was Josh at the end of the year except the 2nd half of the Tampa game through the NE game. But those games were in weeks 14-16, we struggled in the last 2 games.

The plain and simple fact is the offense clicked once the playoffs began, but it was way more like someone flipped a switch, than a steady improvement or hey we found our offense in December and January before the playoffs began. They were also the pissed off ones last year playing NE in round 1 because they were still mad NE beat them in the wind storm game. This year the Bengals came in pissed off and they won. Maybe there's something to that?

Thank you for doing the work and posting this up....it is an excellent post. I guess the bottom line to be gleaned here is that the Bills have been a very "up and down" team for the last few years, and usually, their success is tied to how well JA17 is playing.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.