So...is it a rebuild or is it a try again?

Hebert19

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Not a remake, but a pretty big retool.  Predictions:

1.  Morse retires, and they let Saffold and Bates go.  Draft a C and sign a FA guard.  Boettger takes the LG spot.  

2.  Poyer goes.  Oliver is not extended.  Singletary comes back because there isn’t a big market for RBs.

3.  Draft two O linemen and a S the first 3 rounds.  Shakir becomes the # 2 to Diggs.

4.  Edmunds is signed, and Frazier moves on.  We get a DC with a more aggressive mentality.  

Definitely don't want Edmunds signed, nor do we have the money for that.  

I think that will be a defining moment with this administration.  If they are as smart as I think, Edmunds is gone.

Having said that, Beane screwed up the Knox deal, big time.

2 minutes ago, Trock said:

He’s becoming a primadonna. He doesn’t see the full picture. 

He is not a primdonna.  Primadonna athletes bword when their teams win, but they didn't get their touches. Diggs bwords when we lose because the OC doesn't know what he is doing.  Big difference. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

First off.  It's not a real rebuild...but I mean do we need major changes.  Josh will get us in playoffs by himself so nothing is a real rebuild. 

I think it's a "rebuild "

1.  Poyer goes 

2.  Do not extend Oliver.  Let him earn it.  

3.  Cut or trade brown.  He is terrible.  

4.   Franchise Edmunds. 

5.  Fire dorsey promote Brady. 

6.  Fire Frasier.  

7.  Let Singletary walk

8.  Trade tre?   This one I'm not sold on but in a different D I'd like to see benford and Elam.  

9.  Draft oline 

10.  Draft wr

11.   Draft safety

12.  Trade diggs?   Again.  This one is debatable but I think everything needs to be on table. 

13.  Re sign bease if he wants to come back. 

14.  Cut McKenzie. 

Seems like a rebuild. While making playoffs. 

2   Don't understand the Oliver one?  He's on a 5th year option so the way I see it they have three choices, sign him to a long term deal with a much lower cap hit, keep him on the 5th year option and pay him the $10 mil he's due in 2023 or cut him and take a $10 mil cap hit.  5th year options are fully guaranteed so there really is no in between.  It's not like he's on the last year of contract and can let him play out deal like Poyer this year.

3.  Doubt they'll cut Brown as only on 3rd year of cheap contract.  And if he's terrible as you say, who'd want him.

13.  With Shakir,  and McKenzie (unless they do cut him) not sure they really need Beasley

Others don't disagree much with, not sure how many will happen, probably less than half, but do agre they need to do something different and likely needs to be something big.

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Definitely don't want Edmunds signed, nor do we have the money for that.  

I think that will be a defining moment with this administration.  If they are as smart as I think, Edmunds is gone.

Having said that, Beane screwed up the Knox deal, big time.

I’ve already answered the Knox thing.  Other teams scheme their TE open.  Cincy did with Hurst today.  We don’t for Knox. 

Edmunds would be a force in the right scheme.

Edited by oldmanfan

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

bought that three years ago, and two years ago and last year…  eventually you need enough self awareness to realize something bigger needs to change.  

how many bills would’ve started for that cinci team today? They were better at almost every position. Maybe punter? 

Post of the day. That sums it up perfectly. Maybe Milano. He played like he wanted to win a championship today. Diggs would’ve started for Cincy, but not at WR1 over Chase or WR2 over Higgins. He’d have started over Boyd in the slot. So arguably, no Bill played better than their counterpart. And certainly no Bills coach coached better than their Bengal counterpart. Ouch. 

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Screw Cole Beasley.

Shoot his butt out of here. He's no difference maker. We were just desperate in signing him, but he doesn't change the needle in anyway. His best years are well passed him. Beasley got his 1 TD to get his closure in Buffalo.

Let him go.

Lol the least of their worries.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

First off.  It's not a real rebuild...but I mean do we need major changes.  Josh will get us in playoffs by himself so nothing is a real rebuild. 

I think it's a "rebuild "

1.  Poyer goes 

2.  Do not extend Oliver.  Let him earn it.  

3.  Cut or trade brown.  He is terrible.  

4.   Franchise Edmunds. 

5.  Fire dorsey promote Brady. 

6.  Fire Frasier.  

7.  Let Singletary walk

8.  Trade tre?   This one I'm not sold on but in a different D I'd like to see benford and Elam.  

9.  Draft oline 

10.  Draft wr

11.   Draft safety

12.  Trade diggs?   Again.  This one is debatable but I think everything needs to be on table. 

13.  Re sign bease if he wants to come back. 

14.  Cut McKenzie. 

Seems like a rebuild. While making playoffs. 

This would be called a reload. Also what has Brady done that makes you think he would be an effective OC?

As a rookie playcaller Dorsey has a lot of room to grow. I think it's kinda foolish to simply think nobody is going to learn and just constantly be the same year over year. If that was the case Daboll would never have gotten another job in the NFL after his first few stints.

In general, you learn far more from failures in life than successes.

Edited by Big Turk

21 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Idk. It just feels after trending upwards every season, the Bills took a massive step backwards. 

IMO that is why winning it all was so important this year. Lost to the Chefs in the AFCC, then lost to them in the Divisional round. This year we looked like the best team in the AFC and solidly beat KC in the regular season. The arrow was pointing up. Now we just lost to the Bengals in the divisional round. And we weren’t even competitive. So now if feels like we’re running third in the AFC. The arrow isn’t pointing up anymore and that’s tough. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.