Now I'm getting mad - Burrow vs. Allen & Buffalo Bills talk

Billsfan1972

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Do you want to know why Gregg Rosenthal said that? He is extremely invested in Josh’s failure. His was the hottest of draft night hot takes, where he called the Bills the biggest loser of the 2018 draft. He said that Josh Allen had an uphill battle just to equal Tyrol Taylor’s production.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/2018-nfl-draft-debrief-winners-and-losers-from-round-1-0ap3000000929261

Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set.

Keim and all Cardinals fans have to be thrilled. They wound up with my favorite quarterback in this class, and it didn't cost much to get him.

orson welles applause GIF

Edited by Punch
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@Billsfan1972 @NoHuddleKelly12  @nucci  @H2o @machine gun kelly @Royale with Cheese @3rdand12 @HOUSE

Greg Rosenthal (who picked the Bengals) then at the end of NFL Gameday View giving his "lock of the week" (paraphrasing but close to quoting): “Bengals v Chiefs. It’s what everyone wants.  Burrow v Mahomes is what it is going to be the future going forward in the AFC from here on out. It's what we want to see.”

I am randomly copying some of you on this in the hope and belief that one of you, or collectively all of you, have the magical/mystical powers to make it stop.

...just...stop.

This game needs to be played right now, because I am so tired of all this and as I check my watch the game is still about three weeks away.

Go Bills!

EDIT:  The weird thing is I am so calm about the game, itself.  Hell, I'm confident about it and about it not being so close.

Cocky?   Maybe I need my shades and cigars to be on stand by.

What everyone wants?  Huh?  Mahomes vs. Allen indoors on a neutral field I'd say is what the majority would say.

I know just win, but if there is a game the Bills need a convincing win it is versus Cincy tomorrow.  Otherwise we'll be hearing about January 2nd.

But I'm a Bills fan.🤣

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Do you want to know why Gregg Rosenthal said that? He is extremely invested in Josh’s failure. His was the hottest of draft night hot takes, where he called the Bills the biggest loser of the 2018 draft. He said that Josh Allen had an uphill battle just to equal Tyrod Taylor’s production.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/2018-nfl-draft-debrief-winners-and-losers-from-round-1-0ap3000000929261

Here's another bad take from this hack:

Winners

Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan: It was a night for new eras and instant hope in the five cities that drafted quarterbacks in the first round. But no one should be happier than Maccagnan, and no fanbase should be more thrilled than the always-hopeful supporters of Gang Green. When #ScamforSam first caught fire more than a year ago, Jets fans imagined going 2-14 in 2017, grabbing the No. 1 overall pick and ending up with Darnold.

The path to landing him wound up being far different, including a costly and risky trade by Maccagnan with the Colts to move into the third overall slot. But the ends justify the means. The Christian Hackenberg error will be forgotten quickly if Darnold, the top quarterback on many draft boards, turns into the player many predict. Darnold is the third-youngest quarterback drafted in the first round since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger and has the temperament and skill set to survive in New York. This was the type of trade and pick by Maccagnan, helped out by a little luck, that could pay for a new mortgage.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@Billsfan1972 @NoHuddleKelly12  @nucci  @H2o @machine gun kelly @Royale with Cheese @3rdand12 @HOUSE

Greg Rosenthal (who picked the Bengals) then at the end of NFL Gameday View giving his "lock of the week" (paraphrasing but close to quoting): “Bengals v Chiefs. It’s what everyone wants.  Burrow v Mahomes is what it is going to be the future going forward in the AFC from here on out. It's what we want to see.”

I am randomly copying some of you on this in the hope and belief that one of you, or collectively all of you, have the magical/mystical powers to make it stop.

...just...stop.

This game needs to be played right now, because I am so tired of all this and as I check my watch the game is still about three weeks away.

Go Bills!

EDIT:  The weird thing is I am so calm about the game, itself.  Hell, I'm confident about it and about it not being so close.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Something a lot of people need to realize, everyone is allowed an opinion.

As for theirs?  The talk that matters will be on the field.

Of course, the point is that it has been predominantly one-sided while the Bills are 5.5 point favourites, even those picking the Bills it is always with trepidation and at most a 3 point win.  

Was just an observation and how I've felt listening reading and watching this week.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...just...stop.

Go Bills!

Always have your cool shades and a fine cigar at the ready my friend. It should be standard protocol in these matters.
 No need for the witchcraft for this. I am saving it for the superbowl 💪

But I have your back D2D

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...just...stop.

Go Bills!

He's fairer towards Josh on the NFL website, though backs the Bengals to win...

"These could be the NFL's two best teams -- with full health. But that's not the status quo. Cincinnati lost 3/5 of its offensive line over the past month, while Buffalo's pass rush hasn't been nearly as fearsome without Von Miller.

Even if the Bills sit in a two-deep safety shell all game like the Ravens did last week in Cincy, they will do so without Micah Hyde. No matter how Buffalo lines up, Joe Burrow needs to take more chances on the outside against the Bills' cornerbacks.

The Bengals' injuries make this a tougher upset to call, but Cincinnati's a more complete team overall. The Bills' lack of receiver depth forces Josh Allen to do too much, and the Bengals -- strong at all three levels of defense -- have played better football over the last two months."

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-divisional-round-game-picks-2022-nfl-season

• Shocked 1

On 1/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

When things are really good I'll listen to a lot, search out articles and watch the national media shows.  It seems though with all the negativity surrounding an 8 game winning streak that is no longer the case.😉😝😆

But listening to my favourite podcast and seeing 1-2 articles I need to stop as my blood is boiling listening to all the pro Burrow & Cincy talk and how down some are about Allen's erratic play and so much put on the Dolphins game.

Of course Burrow's #'s the last two weeks aren't discussed & the pick 6 vs. NE in a game they could've lost too. 

Add to that, many are gushing over Cincy and the first 10 minutes January 2 (now if Buff scored a TD and not a fg things may have been a little different).

Used to spend all Sunday immersed in pre-games and other things, but haven't the last decade.  

Interesting this weekend, that not just the Buffalo/Cincy game, but the other three too all being talked about using "Recency Bias".  

Dallas (and Dak) looked great against a lousy fraud in TB.  The Giants moved up and down against one of the worst "D's" in football and a team everyone was predicting the clock would strike midnight soon.  Finally look at the upstart Jags and what they did.

Sunday 3:00 can't come soon enough to get it started (and then get it over with). 

Joe Cool is the darling of these knee jerk goof balls. The fact he beat KC twice doesn’t hurt either. Bottom line, we got him in our place where it’s time to end there season and make a statement that will stick. Let’s let this competition get sorted out on the field. The 12th man must make their imprint on the game. Let’s see what a real Homefield Advantage looks like.

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...just...stop.

Go Bills!

Not coincidentally, Rosenthal continues to fail his parallel parking exam tho! giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bs80bv7rs0ts8wbt0ee

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

When things are really good I'll listen to a lot, search out articles and watch the national media shows.  It seems though with all the negativity surrounding an 8 game winning streak that is no longer the case.😉😝😆

But listening to my favourite podcast and seeing 1-2 articles I need to stop as my blood is boiling listening to all the pro Burrow & Cincy talk and how down some are about Allen's erratic play and so much put on the Dolphins game.

Of course Burrow's #'s the last two weeks aren't discussed & the pick 6 vs. NE in a game they could've lost too. 

Add to that, many are gushing over Cincy and the first 10 minutes January 2 (now if Buff scored a TD and not a fg things may have been a little different).

Used to spend all Sunday immersed in pre-games and other things, but haven't the last decade.  

Interesting this weekend, that not just the Buffalo/Cincy game, but the other three too all being talked about using "Recency Bias".  

Dallas (and Dak) looked great against a lousy fraud in TB.  The Giants moved up and down against one of the worst "D's" in football and a team everyone was predicting the clock would strike midnight soon.  Finally look at the upstart Jags and what they did.

Sunday 3:00 can't come soon enough to get it started (and then get it over with). 

How mad are you right now lmao

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Sorry to be right guys, this defense is not how to play the Bengals. We saw it last time and they are doing the same exact thing. Soft zone and leaving these guys WIDE OPEN

It might be worse if they played man. Bills D is not very physical…they properly would suck no matter what they played. 

• Simon locked this topic