Jump to content

Now I'm getting mad - Burrow vs. Allen & Buffalo Bills talk


Billsfan1972

Recommended Posts

I don't understand this constant worrying about who says what young QB is better.

 

You're not going to convince the vast majority of Bengals fans to choose anyone but Burrow.

 

You're not going to convince the vast majority of Chiefs fans to choose anyone but Mahomes.

 

You're not going to convince the vast majority of Bills fans to choose anyone but Allen.

 

None of the above are wrong.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bengals were definitely having their way with us on offense. When asked if they will do anything different Leslie Fraser said they will stick with what got them here and do what they do best. So they are going to do the same thing and expect a different result? That's kind of scary. You can't say how the full game would go but Bengals definitely had the early momentum. This will be a tough game for sure and if the Bills want to prove the media wrong then they have to prove it Sunday 

 

What was noticeable in that game was how physical Cincinnati came out on Defense and Offense.  I mean it was really obvious that was their plan.  They were smashing the Bills, and giving the extra "business" on tackles and blocks...borderline dirty.  Well in one case it was dirty.  I do not think the Bengals coud have maintained that intensity, but they had us for the 1st Qtr.

I'm sure the Bills are aware of that aspect and this game will NOT be a repeat.  Buffalo will not be out-physical'd in this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yup, this is it. 

 

We've seen this from McDermott and Frazier before. 

 

They don't change anything. 

 

It looked obvious to me where the Bengals wanted to go that night. 

 

But our struggles with Kelce over the years, Jefferson this season, have shown me this staff will not employ a true double team. 

 

I expect a soft zone Sunday, and would be surprised if the Bills start Elam over Jackson. 

 

 

I think they played press man well last week and was happily surprised to see it. Tre and Elam can do it and if they can knock Chase and Boyd or Higgins off their routes in the 1st 5 yds, that could have a great effect on Burrow's timing and maybe our front 4 getting home.

 

We cannot afford to play soft zone and just rush 4. We will get picked apart. On the upside, I'm actually less nervous than I was last week.

It's a weird sense of calm. I paid zero attention to the point spread. I knew it was foolish.

Edited by nosejob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Baltimore is a bad match-up for them.  They have 2 excellent corners.  

Always excuses when a fan of the team.  So Baltimore too then is a bad match up for the Bills, who on their last 5 drives vs. Baltimore scored on 4 of them and walked down the field each time?  Remember too that game was rain and not great weather on the road.

 

BTW Bills fan can say the NYJ are a bad matchup for them (yet Burrow threw for 275 & 3 TDs vs them).

Edited by Billsfan1972
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Always excuses when a fan of the team.  So Baltimore too then is a bad match up for the Bills, who on their last 5 drives vs. Baltimore scored on 4 of them and walked down the field each time?  Remember too that game was rain and not great weather on the road.

 

BTW Bills fan can say the NYJ are a bad matchup for them (yet Burrow threw for 275 & 3 TDs vs them).

I was rooting for Balt. but Huntley is the worst QB....omg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, zow2 said:

 

What was noticeable in that game was how physical Cincinnati came out on Defense and Offense.  I mean it was really obvious that was their plan.  They were smashing the Bills, and giving the extra "business" on tackles and blocks...borderline dirty.  Well in one case it was dirty.  I do not think the Bengals coud have maintained that intensity, but they had us for the 1st Qtr.

I'm sure the Bills are aware of that aspect and this game will NOT be a repeat.  Buffalo will not be out-physical'd in this one.

I agree.  The crowd was really loud and electric too.  The Bills will be ready for it.  It could be a very physical game on Sunday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, zow2 said:

 

What was noticeable in that game was how physical Cincinnati came out on Defense and Offense.  I mean it was really obvious that was their plan.  They were smashing the Bills, and giving the extra "business" on tackles and blocks...borderline dirty.  Well in one case it was dirty.  I do not think the Bengals coud have maintained that intensity, but they had us for the 1st Qtr.

I'm sure the Bills are aware of that aspect and this game will NOT be a repeat.  Buffalo will not be out-physical'd in this one.

That was the biggest prime time game that had been played in Cincinnati in a long time. The whole city was jacked up. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the exception of that jackass Bills hater Wright,there has been a steady ebb and flow throughout the season from multiple blogs… Simms to Florio to Cowherd, etc.

 

MOST have neither favoured Allen or the Bills throughout. And that has been because of a combo of factors- starting with the loss of 2 Pro Bowlers on D for the season, having ALL starting D players injured during the Season, not having a count on RB for the Season, having a WR1, having several others with the Dropsys, having an OC call Dopey plays, a QB who feels he has to account for everything, because of all the previous… that!

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brianthomas said:

that would be a nice welcome development for sure, that all of us would love to see & have been hoping for all year. No better time than this Sunday.

Dorsey can help try to make this happen as well of course by designing some early plays that help get Josh into a rhythm & not having to play behind on down & distance. Something that i havent seen as much of this 2nd half of the season that i'd like

There’s a reason why we led the NFL in 3rd down conversion rate and that is because we are usually in manageable down and distance situations. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm good with it.  People can chirp on both sides leading up the game to hype themselves (or the matchup) however they see fit.  The great thing is that the players and coaches themselves get to settle it on Sunday at 3PM.  This is a big moment for a lot of dude's legacies and narratives (Who is NFL QB 1b - Josh or Burrow?, McDermott and big games, Frazier vs. elite passing teams, Joe "Cool" Burrow and his ability to overcome the odds with a crap o-line, what's left in Tre's tank?, etc. etc. etc.).  I can't wait!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bengals were definitely having their way with us on offense. When asked if they will do anything different Leslie Fraser said they will stick with what got them here and do what they do best. So they are going to do the same thing and expect a different result? That's kind of scary. You can't say how the full game would go but Bengals definitely had the early momentum. This will be a tough game for sure and if the Bills want to prove the media wrong then they have to prove it Sunday 

 

I agree that the Bengals looked good in one half of one quarter against the Bills.  What I can't agree with is the people who take 1/8 of a football game and extrapolate that into a result (Bengals win).  There are all sorts of media types who make it sound like a team has never come back from being down 7-3.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Always excuses when a fan of the team.  So Baltimore too then is a bad match up for the Bills, who on their last 5 drives vs. Baltimore scored on 4 of them and walked down the field each time?  Remember too that game was rain and not great weather on the road.

 

BTW Bills fan can say the NYJ are a bad matchup for them (yet Burrow threw for 275 & 3 TDs vs them).

Well I'm certainly not a Cinci fan I'm just pointing out a fact on why they had a tough game against Baltimore, division rival as well.  Both teams played down to their competition last week.

 

I don't know if our secondary can stop Cincis recievers.  That should be our biggest worry.  Offense should be able to put up big points.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Epstein's Mother said:

 

I agree that the Bengals looked good in one half of one quarter against the Bills.  What I can't agree with is the people who take 1/8 of a football game and extrapolate that into a result (Bengals win).  There are all sorts of media types who make it sound like a team has never come back from being down 7-3.

They were in FG range already at minimum and would have probably scored another TD, we showed zero signs of stopping them up to that point. Imo it was about to be 14-3. They were rolling

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

They were in FG range already at minimum and would have probably scored another TD, we showed zero signs of stopping them up to that point. Imo it was about to be 14-3. They were rolling

Or perhaps 10-3; or perhaps the Bills get a TO. Then the Bills get their 2nd possession of the game and again march down the field and score a TD, making it 10-10?

 

Sample size is significantly much too small to do anything with. But keep trying...

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Epstein's Mother said:

 

I agree that the Bengals looked good in one half of one quarter against the Bills.  What I can't agree with is the people who take 1/8 of a football game and extrapolate that into a result (Bengals win).  There are all sorts of media types who make it sound like a team has never come back from being down 7-3.

Imagine the effect on people's perceptions if the Bengals-Bucs game was canceled at half-time instead? Down 17-0 to that moribund Tampa Bay team, followed by a near collapse against New England and two lifeless performances against a depleted Ravens team (one of them in the playoffs). Instead, the Buccaneers hand the Bengals the game on a platter in the second half and suddenly everyone thinks the Bengals are some kind of goliath. So bizarre. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Or perhaps 10-3; or perhaps the Bills get a TO. Then the Bills get their 2nd possession of the game and again march down the field and score a TD, making it 10-10?

 

Sample size is significantly much to small to do anything with. But keep trying...

This reminds me of Monty python.

monty python GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Imagine the effect on people's perceptions if the Bengals-Bucs game was canceled at half-time instead? Down 17-0 to that moribund Tampa Bay team, followed by a near collapse against New England and two lifeless performances against a depleted Ravens team (one of them in the playoffs). Instead, the Buccaneers hand the Bengals the game on a platter in the second half and suddenly everyone thinks the Bengals are some kind of goliath. So bizarre. 

That first half TB could do no wrong.  Second half Cincy started drives at TB's 16, 31, 13 & 39 yard line....  BTW 237 total yards offense the game.

 

How about Huntley too handing them the game?  

 

BTW both Baltimore games were in Cincy too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I rarely listen to any of it or read any of it.  I dont search any of it out.  I just wait for the game and watch what happens.  Interacting here is about the only thing I do outside of just watching the games and maybe listening to WGR once in a while.  The only other thing I do is look for our team stuff like who is injured, who might be back, etc.

 

IDGAF what the media thinks good or bad.  It means nothing.  The only thing that matters is whether we win or lose and no article or media talk is going to have any effect on that whatsoever.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Simon locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...