Seahawks @ 49ers Playoff game thread

Simon

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Is it me, or did the refs heavily influence the game once it was only a 6 point SanFran lead?  Granted, I don't know why the offensive linemen kept pushing downfield, but the Seahawks seemed to always be 2nd and 20+.  

Seahawks were at the 8 yard line and about to score to take a 1 point lead.  Penalties, sack fumble, more penalties, and that was all she wrote. 

Sucks to have the refs influence a game that much

The ineligible man downfield on that 2nd down play was huge. Still a team shouldn’t crumble after one bad call. If that’s our Bills there is no excuse to fall apart. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

The ineligible man downfield on that 2nd down play was huge. Still a team shouldn’t crumble after one bad call. If that’s our Bills there is no excuse to fall apart. 

They called it two more times after that, if I'm not mistaken.  Agreed, you can't crumble, but you also can't be 1st and 25 against that defense on all your future drives. 

38 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This Niner team is going to be a problem. 

Niners won’t get to Super Bowl. Seattle is the toughest team they have faced in weeks and they played them twice. Before that probably the Chargers. Weakest schedule in football

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Purdy didn’t look great when the elements were more challenging. Don’t know if he had jitters or small hands, but in the end his stat line is inflated from the huge 2nd half where the weather was sunny and dry. 

The Superbowl is usually held in domes or someplace sunny. I always though it was a disadvantage for Buffalo and contributed to their losses.

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Purdy didn’t look great when the elements were more challenging. Don’t know if he had jitters or small hands, but in the end his stat line is inflated from the huge 2nd half where the weather was sunny and dry. 

Yes,  most QBs struggle in really bad weather.  

Purdy hasn't just been "good." He's been sensational.  The highest rated QB in the league since week 11 when he began starting.   That's insane. 

Do I think he's the best QB in the league based on that? Absolutely not.  But it's not just "lack of tape" either.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is it me, or did the refs heavily influence the game once it was only a 6 point SanFran lead?  Granted, I don't know why the offensive linemen kept pushing downfield, but the Seahawks seemed to always be 2nd and 20+.  

Seahawks were at the 8 yard line and about to score to take a 1 point lead.  Penalties, sack fumble, more penalties, and that was all she wrote. 

It’s not just you

The NFC in general is not tough. Like the worst case for the 49ers is what? Vs. Seahawks, vs. Vikings, @ Eagles? That is hardly a tough path. Meanwhille the Bills will have to go vs. Bengals, vs. Chiefs (same as the Bengals with Bills/Chiefs). Even the Chiefs will have to deal with a frisky Jags or Chargers team before playing Buffalo/Cincy. 

Just now, unbillievable said:

The Superbowl is usually held in domes or someplace sunny. I always thought it was a disadvantage for Buffalo and contributed to their losses.

The no huddle offense was good indoors or outdoors, although our defense usually was gassed in the 2nd half due to our inability to control the clock by running and playing slower on offense. 

25 + 27 were outside. (19-20 & 17-52=36-72)

26 + 28 were in domes. (24-37 & 13-30=37-67). 

We had halftime leads in 25 & 28, 12-10 & 13-6. We typically struggled in the 2nd half. Although if our kicker in 25 was Christie instead of Norwood we likely win. 

In SB 28 we played slower on offense and controlled the 1st half, went for it on 4th and goal and converted. We had a good shot and Thurman fumbled twice in both half’s, the second being returned for a TD. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Penalty yards Seattle - 30 : SF -28

The Seahawks had a grand total of 2 more penalty yards than the 49ers.

This ref stuff is utter nonsense

• Simon unpinned this topic
51 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He barely had over 1000 yards this year and before today had 1 100 yard game since October 2nd.

He should be far better than he actually is based on the size/speed package.

Right, but imagine him as a WR2 across from Diggs is the point.

19 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It was a penalty you know. There have been much more outrightous calls than that. Plus, you don't know what the outcome of the game would have been. Stop with the crying about the refs until tomorrow. 

Well actually it had a huge impact on the game. Marginal call at best. Seahawks worst case scenario get a FG. Either ahead 24-23 or down 24-20 with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Niners are the better team but allowed a pretty average team to hang around. That pressure would have immediately been on the niners O. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.