Lisa Marie Presley dies of cardiac arrest.

Draconator

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/12/lisa-marie-presley-rushed-to-hospital-cardiac-arrest/

Lisa Marie Presley has been rushed to a hospital after EMTs responded to her home for a possible cardiac arrest ... TMZ has learned.

Sources directly connected to Lisa Marie tell TMZ ... paramedics performed CPR Thursday at her house in Calabasas before rushing to a hospital. We're also told they were able to regain a pulse before she was transported.

It's unclear what her condition is at this point, but we know she's getting treatment in a hospital.

Edited by Draconator
  • Sad 1

• Draconator changed the title to Lisa Marie Presley has possible Cardiac Arrest

The amount of stories about young people having cardiac arrests lately is alarming. Any idea what could be causing it? Poor diet? Climate issues? I know it can’t be that vaccine because the media says it’s perfectly safe for everyone, even babies.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/12/lisa-marie-presley-dead-dies-cardiac-arrest/

Lisa Marie Presley has died according to family sources ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ ... Lisa was pronounced dead at the L.A. area hospital where she was taken after suffering cardiac arrest Thursday morning.

TMZ broke the story ... Lisa was rushed to the hospital after her housekeeper found her unresponsive at her Calabasas home. Her ex-husband, Danny Keough, was there and performed CPR on her until paramedics arrived and took over -- they administered at least one dose of epinephrine during resuscitation efforts.

• Sad 1

• Draconator changed the title to Lisa Marie Presley dies of cardiac arrest.
4 hours ago, flomoe said:

The amount of stories about young people having cardiac arrests lately is alarming. Any idea what could be causing it? Poor diet? Climate issues? I know it can’t be that vaccine because the media says it’s perfectly safe for everyone, even babies.

Let's see, her grandfather died of cardiac arrest, her grandmother died at 46 from heart failure, and her father died at 42 from a heart attack. I think anyone with some semblance of intelligence could deduce there is a heredity trait here.

And no, there isn't an "alarming number of people having cardiac arrests lately." There is, however, an alarming amount of loons on social media claiming there are.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Let's see, her grandfather died of cardiac arrest, her grandmother died at 46 from heart failure, and her father died at 42 from a heart attack. I think anyone with some semblance of intelligence could deduce there is a heredity trait here.

And no, there isn't an "alarming number of people having cardiac arrests lately." There is, however, an alarming amount of loons on social media claiming there are.

Her admitted heavy drug use, including cocaine and opioids also did her heart no favors.

That NBC Today Show concert in the early 00s where she stumbled around and was slurring the whole song was just sad. RIP

27 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Her admitted heavy drug use, including cocaine and opioids also did her heart no favors.

That NBC Today Show concert in the early 00s where she stumbled around and was slurring the whole song was just sad. RIP

Yup.

Like walking near a cliff in a strong cross wind...

...Now possibly add other things like Covid, age, genetics, etc... Doesn't move you any further away from cliff.

Some of these you can control... Others you are totally helpless against...

2 hours ago, QCity said:

I googled this phrase to see if I can do some research on the topic to be better informed.

I have been advised by counsel not reveal what I have found.

That is all.

7 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I googled this phrase to see if I can do some research on the topic to be better informed.

I have been advised by counsel not reveal what I have found.

So did I, and it's not related to the factor that the other poster alluded to in a not-so-clever way.

I have been advised by counsel not to reveal who that poster was or what factor he mentioned.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yup.

Like walking near a cliff in a strong cross wind...

...Now possibly add other things like Covid, age, genetics, etc... Doesn't move you any further away from cliff.

Some of these you can control... Others you are totally helpless against...

How high is this cliff?

Is there a certain distance criteria that must be met in order to call an edge, a "cliff?"

And how strong is this wind?  It would have to be quite a gust in order to push an adult over a cliff.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

So did I, and it's not related to the factor that the other poster alluded to in a not-so-clever way.

I have been advised by counsel not to reveal who that poster was or what factor he mentioned.

I also Googled the above-mentioned phrase.

I must have had a typo because I was brought to a site in Chinese for fat-reducing stomach patches. 

I ordered a box

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

How high is this cliff?

Is there a certain distance criteria that must be met in order to call an edge, a "cliff?"

And how strong is this wind?  It would have to be quite a gust in order to push an adult over a cliff.  

No problem, thank you for your inquiries. I am glad to provide you with the technical assistance to your 3 not so well thought out questions:

1.  High enough to kill you if you fell off it.  Depends on the person/living thing/object, you know... Weight, body shape, height, etc...  I have no doubt my two cats can easily survive falls double this:

DeadlyFalls.thumb.jpg.4cc548d51f15153f4f4ee0fe23ece94a.jpg

I think you personally fall (pun intended) in the 3.3% group above.

2.  No. A precipice is a precipice.

Wind formula to move an object...

Wind=The square root of 195 times weight over area of object in square feet.

3.  A gust is a gust. A gust is dependent on what the average sustained windspeed is doing at time.  For the average human:

67mph if you're walking. In other words,  just past a Strong Gale (55-63mph) or a Violent Storm (64-72mph).  So a gust of 1mph over a 67mph wind mph could knock you over said precipice. 

If you're riding in a car, 90mph wind with a gust of 91mph or a type I hurricane could make you meet your maker.  

https://abc7chicago.com/wind-lesson-math-physics-equation/10621626/

So in conclusion:

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I beg to differ. It surely is. Go right to horses mouth... The CDC... 😉 😜 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

I also Googled the above-mentioned phrase.

I must have had a typo because I was brought to a site in Chinese for fat-reducing stomach patches. 

I ordered a box

Wait, there are fat-reducing stomach patches??  Let me know if they work. 

It’s for my wife. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Everywhere

Please tell me she doesn’t check this board.   😋

But it might be wise to name Augie as your beneficiary. You wouldn’t want her to somehow get away with it and profit in any way.  

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Please tell me she doesn’t check this board.   😋

But it might be wise to name Augie as your beneficiary. You wouldn’t want her to somehow get away with it and profit in any way.  

I’m just running the joke to its logical conclusion. My death. 

• Haha (+1) 3

On 1/12/2023 at 11:57 PM, QCity said:

She may have been predisposed to heart disease but given her appearance at the Golden Globes recently I'd venture to say she was helping that along.   Not attempting to be disrespectful.

Not speaking on the COVID conspiracy theory at all.  Just noting the difference in this stuff happening "out of nowhere" and someone like Elvis dying who clearly wasn't doing anything to prevent it from happening.

14 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

She may have been predisposed to heart disease but given her appearance at the Golden Globes recently I'd venture to say she was helping that along.   Not attempting to be disrespectful.

I saw an article somewhere, can't find it now, that listed several of her relatives, including Elvis, that have died from heart related issues in their 40's and 50's. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.