Dion Dawkins "A Letter to Bills Mafia Part III"

Beck Water

There’s been enough talking. But the Mafia knows what’s true. And what’s true is: We’re all in. We’re done waiting, we’re done coming at the king and missing, we’re done knocking on the door of this sh*t, with no answer, for this damn long. We’re keeping it SIMPLE this run. Because — straight up: It’s just football. You know what I’m saying? It’s JUST football!! And we’re better than these other teams at it, so let’s beat four of them and then have a parade.

Yeah, let's do THAT!

Excerpt:

"That Bengals game would have been a shootout, I swear. It had a big-fight feel to me, like you had these two heavyweight boxers about to trade crazy punches. Actually the truth is: we don’t like them. That’s how we felt going into that matchup. That’s how we feel about any matchup in our conference, with any team who’s standing in the way of our goal... One image I’ll always have in my head from that night is seeing our two head coaches talking. That stood out to me. I think it goes back to what I was saying about the Bengals earlier — and I wasn’t lying!! That’s enemy territory. But that just tells you again how different this was, because as soon as it became what it became with Damar, no one cared about that other sh*t anymore. Our coach and their coach got together. Our players and their players blended together. And not even just blended together. Bro we were crying together. Like, ugly-tears crying. It’s hard to explain if you haven’t played football….. but to go from where the atmosphere was in that game, just crazy hostile, to where we were seconds later with those dudes?? That does not happen."

Great read, thank you for posting.

Amazing stuff.

As much as all of us were in shock watching the Damar Hamlin injury, obviously none of us can ever imagine what it was like to be one of his teammates on the field that night. 

I think it's important to remember that while Damar's outcome was a good one and the team is saying and doing all the right things about "moving forward", there's a very high likelihood that the whole situation is still playing heavily on the minds and hearts of many Bills players. Those who downplayed the word "trauma", well...it WAS trauma for a lot of these guys, and if the words of Tre White and Dion Dawkins don't convince you of that, then nothing well.

No matter what happens from here on out, all of these players have my love and respect and support. The same goes for Sean McDermott. He himself said "I just did what anyone would do in my situation", but I don't think that's true. I don't think he gives himself enough credit. I don't think every coach out there puts the PERSON ahead of the PLAYER the way he does. And you can tell it's genuine, and its heartfelt, and its real. He's a principled man of high character and an excellent leader, and I couldn't be prouder to have him as head coach of the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Among the recent hires, those that to have good EQ, seem to have the most success. McDermott falls right inline with this. 

I think going forward, with a more confident, self-assured, empowered generation of kids growing up, EQ is going to be among the more important traits you look for in a leader

• Agree 1

OP. Thanks for posting.

I am blown away by this open, honest, touching letter by Dion. You don’t often get this type of glimpse into an athlete’s deepest feelings and emotions but there it was, from the heart. As much as I want a super bowl win for us fans, I want it now more for the players than anything else. They deserve it so much. 

22 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Great read. Every time I think it’s our year some stupid team wins whose fan base doesn’t deserve it. This year it’ll probably be someone dumb like the chargers 🤢 

Username doesn't check out. 😉

Just kidding. But seriously, think positive, man!

Our boy Dion Dawkins is a wordsmith  He writes with candor love and insight. Great Writer.

His writing packs a punch straight to the heart. #TRUTH

WORD Dion WORD We love you back. GO BILLS

Beautiful letter.

🥀

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, 1stgm1993 said:

Pats winning *** after 9/11 

This has never sat right with me, also part of a trend of teams building a new stadium and seemingly rewarded with winning a SB (think Rams last year)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.