Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

Process

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I read it was surgery to repair a herniated disc. I’ve found a few cases where a player has returned in 3 months after surgery. 

Yea your right I don’t think about that dude anymore … it was adf artificial disc replacement 

but most people Thought Hyde got acdf 

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea yiur right I don’t think about that dude anymore … it was adf artificial disc replacement 

Every expert said 6-9 months recovery time for the herniated disc surgery the Sabres wanted Eichel to have.

I guess not all these surgeries are the same or maybe Micah had something different done. I’m pretty confident I ready he had disc fusion.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Every expert said 6-9 months recovery time for the herniated disc surgery the Sabres wanted Eichel to have.

I guess not all these surgeries are the same or maybe Micah had something different done. I’m pretty confident I ready he had disc fusion.

Everybody speculated Hyde underwent ACDF but it has not been confirmed 

just he underwent surgery 

Anybody saying they for sure know that he is or isn't playing is an idiot.

We have no idea what exact procedure was done or how his body reacted.

What we do know is at minimum, McDermott is making our AFC Championship Opponent prepare for Hyde, if we make it there. There is absolutely no reason not to do this, as there are unlimited practice squad call-ups during the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It seems like ADR is a much better procedure than ACDF, both in practicality and healing time, so why would someone opt to fuse their vertebrae together rather than replace the disk? What am I missing here?

Much better ? In what way. It’s newer. There is a chance of mechanical catastrophic failure.

fusion is tried and true. And ever level of the Cspine contributes to ROM. One level fusion takes away 10 degrees. Which no one would notice or feel. 

I think he’s just practicing / non contact . Team morale. He’s bored, but wants to be around / feel like one of the guys 

zero chance he’s playing 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Hyde, one of the coaches, and/or the medical staff said that?

" But Hyde, who will turn 32 on New Year's Eve, conceded that his desire to play this season may not fully align with what medical personnel think.

"That would be pretty tough," he said of convincing the doctors. "I think my doctor out in L.A. (Robert Watkins) is pretty set on it being a long shot. Me, waking up every morning and knowing that there's a 1 percent chance is what's keeping me going. I'm just going to continue to do that and hope that whenever that time comes I'm ready for it." "

https://reviewtimes.com/news/432062/hyde-hints-at-possible-2022-return/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Hyde, one of the coaches, and/or the medical staff said that?

Really?

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

In the secondary, the Bills are missing Hyde and a back up safety who’s taken Hyde’s vacant spot and has had his share of struggles since starting … Millers injury hurts a lot more IMO… still people acting like the Bills have numerous starters missing on defense are exaggerating.

The much invested defense should still be able to hold its own against the likes of Cincy and KC…. More performances like we’ve seen the last two years against KC to end the season would be unacceptable. 

On top of being REALLY healthy on offense.

It’s time to get it done 

• Like (+1) 2

I’m of the opinion that defensive players improve. Rousseau, Epenesa, Basham, even Lawson are better players than they were their rookie year, whereas Miller is better but no longer where he was in his prime. We will need prime level play from all 4 to win it all. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

" But Hyde, who will turn 32 on New Year's Eve, conceded that his desire to play this season may not fully align with what medical personnel think.

"That would be pretty tough," he said of convincing the doctors. "I think my doctor out in L.A. (Robert Watkins) is pretty set on it being a long shot. Me, waking up every morning and knowing that there's a 1 percent chance is what's keeping me going. I'm just going to continue to do that and hope that whenever that time comes I'm ready for it." "

You guys are all arguing semantics so whoever ends up being right can say "see I knew something I didn't actually know", or "see I was the rational one, he was never coming back".

Just be happy that there is any chance Hyde will play. He certainly wouldn't be going through these lengths if there wasn't a real chance.

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

It seems like ADR is a much better procedure than ACDF, both in practicality and healing time, so why would someone opt to fuse their vertebrae together rather than replace the disk? What am I missing here?

The way it was explained to me by a spine surgeon in one word: stability. 

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The way it was explained to me by a spine surgeon in one word: stability. 

Less stability if the disc is replaced? I heard those replacement discs are better and more durable than the ones our body naturally creates. I’m also poking around for info comparing the two procedures because at some point I’m going to have to see about replacing a disc in my lumbar region, which is a little more difficult than the neck. 

Edited by JayBaller10

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Less stability if the disc is replaced? I heard those replacement discs are better and more durable than the ones our body naturally creates. I’m also poking around for info comparing the two procedures because at some point I’m going to have to see about replacing a disc in my lumbar region, which is a little more difficult than the neck. 

That’s the way I understood it, yes. But I’m sure there is wide ranging opinion in the medical community. 

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Bengals scouts watching Dean Marlowe chase around Tyreek, Waddle, and Jeff Wilson - definitely game planning to exploit this next week - Hyde is probably out…

*Saturday January 21 @ 4pm*

“Bills have Activated Micah Hyde.”

I hope they are for it means they are not game planning for Ravens.

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Keep in mind that's a quote from an article published Dec. 7, 2022. So things may have changed with the doctor's decision since then.

50 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Why would McD already rule him out for next week?  Makes no sense.  Keep the opponent guessing as long as you can.

That's a really good question.  Someone referenced NFL regulations I've never heard of in regard to Tua and to Bridgewater - about maybe if you know a player will be out for medical reasons not concealing it?  I have no idea.

I woulda thought, like you, keep it under your hat as long as you can.

As far as timeline, I think it's interesting to listen to Cole Beasley on this:

"The first week, I was just trying to control the pace a little bit, trying not to do anything stupid like stumble over my feet or anything; the first week was tough.  The second week, started feeling a little better.  The third week was when I started feeling more like myself and how it had been."

So this is a guy who is not rehabbing an injury, just trying to get back into playing shape; he's saying "took 3 weeks to really start feeling like myself".

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.