Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

Process

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

That's a really good question.  Someone referenced NFL regulations I've never heard of in regard to Tua and to Bridgewater - about maybe if you know a player will be out for medical reasons not concealing it?  I have no idea.

I woulda thought, like you, keep it under your hat as long as you can.

As far as timeline, I think it's interesting to listen to Cole Beasley on this:

"The first week, I was just trying to control the pace a little bit, trying not to do anything stupid like stumble over my feet or anything; the first week was tough.  The second week, started feeling a little better.  The third week was when I started feeling more like myself and how it had been."

So this is a guy who is not rehabbing an injury, just trying to get back into playing shape; he's saying "took 3 weeks to really start feeling like myself".

Hyde has been running on his own for weeks now though.

I'm wondering if one reason to get Hyde into the 21 day practice window is that now he can actually be on the field and participate with the other DB's - hearing what the coaches are saying and possibly interpreting it for the other players now and on game day.  If he isn't in the window then he has to be "off to the side" and cant participate as fully.  

Even if they believe right now there is 0% chance of Hyde playing in the next 3 games, it costs nothing to get him "activated".  The only drawback is they must fully activate him the day after the AFCCG or he is on season ending IR.  And it's possible they might have activated him if they had an extra week but can't bring themselves to pull the trigger on that day. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.